“Quality and service got worse, prices stayed the same”
Review of Caffe & Pizza - CLOSED

Caffe & Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Caffe Ispirazione is a coffee shop / pizzeria restaurant that strives to have all the highest quality products, more ecological. The majority of Caffe Ispirazione goods are imported from Italy by the import company Ispirazione, a self-employed company that is a direct link between Italy and Denmark. We serve authentic Italian espresso and other coffee drinks in Caffe Ispirazione . We offer home-made ice cream, pizza (tradionael and gourmet) and sandwiches. In addition, we have many Italian wines, liqueurs, coffee beans, organic olive oil, organic olives, organic artichokes and organic tomatoes. We offer, pizza sandwiches and Italian plates (Tapas) filled with Italian ingredients like Parmesan, Parma ham, Salami and many other varieties. The different types of cheeses, cold cuts, pesto and other specialties can also be bought at home. We hope to see you for a nice day at the Caffe Ispirazione
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

I can not recommend this place to anyone!

I was a regular costumer for the last year or more even before the name and owner change and I guess the workers change as well.
The quality of the pizza went down a lot in the last couple of months, ice cream and sandwiches were not that great for the price and the service from the very poor English in most cases and mostly nonexistent Danish left me confused and misinformed about my wine choices(also I have to mention a few bottles that were sold to me, my friends and even bought as gifts that turned out bad and undrinkable).

I was very supportive about the place even recommended it to friends to go try it out. I have hoped that it would help them improve and grow, as they where a cute small Italian place in my neighborhood but unfortunately it had the opposite result.

So I’m writing this review in disappointment and hope that they see it and change their way. Because right now I cannot recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Sara E

Reviewed April 20, 2018

During my stay in Aarhus, I looked for Italian restaurant. I can say this one is probably the best in town. Quick service. Atmosphere is great, Important choice for pizza and other Italian specialities. Wine is good. Expensive but we have the quality for the price !

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Caffe Ispirazione is probably the only place in Aarhus where you can taste an authentic and genuine Italian pizza.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I'm a cook eager to know and learn about authentic Italian cuisine, traveling around the world looking for Italian paradise islands outside the motherland.

This review is based only on pizzas and I can't give any opinions on other dishes.

There is no doubt that the guy who runs the place is an Italian and knows what ingredients to use so there is some charm in a way but...
First turn off was menu...Italians are so proud of pizza names and there are some varieties but they would NEVER change "margarita" for Neri, Mathias or whatever name. The service was in English which it doesn't bother me that much but no Italian "loud greetings" like in all my favorite Italian restaurants. Pizza itself was ok...but that's pretty much it. The dough was a little bit dry, no fluffy sides which means that yeast has probably died due to the too long proofing or it was too much flour added in the begining. Pizza was not made in a wood fired oven but I'm not exactly sure what type they use. The flavour was definitely there but I'm extremely picky since I know the place is running under Italian hands. So to conclude...definitely not the best pizza I've eaten but not the worst. The pricing is also good. I think we are going to give it another chance because it really looks like they are trying and using only fresh stuff and all dishes are made from scratch even the ice cream. But first I will try other Italian places in Århus to see what I can compare it with. If you're in the neighbourhood stop buy but don't bother to make a trip over there to get a special Italian treatment.

Bon Apetit!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Tried a panino made with freshly baked bread and real Italian ingredients, very impressed! Ice cream looked great, but decided to finish off with an espresso made personally by Giovanni the owner. Highly recommend and will come back for that ice cream when next in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: September 2017