“Nice hotel, good breakfast.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Kristiansand, Norway
“Nice hotel, good breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three Nights. The room was clean and ok. Good beds. The only complaint is a noisy aircondition. The breakfast was good and with nice staff. I can recommend this hotel. We will stay here when we visit Århus again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear 407_Wind

Thank you for your review and kind words of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that the staff took good care of you, and that you enjoyed our big breakfast buffet. I look forward to welcome you back, next time you visit Aarhus.

Best regard

Peter Laursen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Overall pretty much what you expect from a big name like radisson - reasonable standard of hotel, however with some attention to detail it could be so much better.

For example
- had to go looking for someone to check in - it was only 6pm so hardly the middle of the night
- opened the cupboard to find a glass broken in half - top half not there so someone must have noticed it was broken and yet it had been carefully placed back onto its coaster in the cupboard.
- opened another drawer to find the last guests key card, loyalty card and some other bits of paper, plus a collection of someone's fingernail clippings.
- zero amenities in the bathroom - no shower hat, no cotton wool etc etc.

Bearing in mind my "business class" room was more than £220 a night it was a) not very business class and b) very expensive for what it was.

Restaurant and dining - total disaster area! I didn't even pay for my meal because my plates etc hadn't been cleared after 1/2 an hour so I gave up! Half the dishes were finished and I was offered the choice of waiting for a "freshly prepared home made burger" to defrost and then be cooked - not a very appetising thought!!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Dalls

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us here at tripadvisor.com.

I am very sorry that we did not live up to the high standards we at Radisson Blu pride ourselves in delivering during each stay with us. I can assure you that I do not take lightly on the issues that you describe. Hence, I have talked to the involved parties responsible for making your stay less enjoyable than it should have been, to ensure that an experience such as yours does not happen again.

I'm sorry to hear that you have found prices too high at our hotel. We always strive to deliver a product, which gives you value for the price you have paid, especially when it comes to our business class rooms. We do try to deliver a top product with the full packages of amenities. I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to deliver the desired product to you.

Once more, I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with me. Feedback, such as yours, is an invaluable help in our constant focus on delivering the best service and quality possible. I look forward and hope to welcome you back at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel Aarhus and I hope you will let us prove to you that these experiences do not represent what our hotel stands for.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is an average quality business-style hotel. No real atmosphere and, like everything in Denmark, very overpriced for what it is.

The breakfast was outstanding.

However, it REALLY annoys me when you stay for 5 nights (as I did) and they don't even bother giving you a new soap in that time. And there are so many places nowadays who don't provide basic things such as a shower cap and shower gel. This hotel was yet another one, and yet their room rate is as much as a Park Hyatt in Australia - I know where I'd rather stay! These are not luxuries, they're necessities, especially when charging so much money. Finally, the bed was soft and uncomfortable. I read somewhere that this is how Danish people like their beds; if so, perhaps hotels should provide an alternative for people who like harder beds.

Dear 2093

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

First and foremost, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our nice big breakfast buffet.

We all know how important it is with a good breakfast before a long day starts.
Of course I am sorry to hear that you have not felt that the product that was delivered by us has lived up to your expectations. It is clear that one must expect that you get a new soap in the room during a five days long stay. I have spoken with our Housekeeping department so that they aware of this in the future.

As for the price, as we always try to deliver a product which justifier the price we take. Of course I am sorry that you have not felt that this was the case. I hope that in future, we will have the opportunity to accommodate you at our hotel.

Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights as part business trip, have stayed before. Good location. A must see is the cathedral, go inside, it is beautiful. Our room was amazingly comfortable, newly refurbished. Breakfast huge selection, delish pastries, fruit and hot food.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Gaye K

Thank you for taking your time to make a review of our hotel. And thank you for the kind words.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms. I am glad you enjoyed our well-stocked breakfast buffet. It is, after all, a primary concern meal during the day.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back in the future for another fantastic stay.

Kind Regards

Peter Møller Laursen
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The hotel does not have the most charming surroundings, but the rooms are nice and clean, staff smiling and service great. The breakfast was very good, the food was fresh and everything was kept clean and appealing. Everything worked and the hotel was perfect for my purpose - to relax, work and get some excercise in the gym. Room service was also very good. I would stay here again.

Dear Valkyria-HH

Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently refurbished rooms and the smiling staff. I know that it is appreciated by the staff, to get feedback like yours.

I hope that we can have the pleasure to accommodate you again.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

The room was very nice. It was large for a European hotel room. There were plenty of outlets for recharging electronics. The bathroom was good sized and clean.

But, about half of the television stations charged an additional fee. These weren't pay per view or premium stations, just normal television. I believe the charge was 50 DKK per day for all 8 or so of those stations. They also had premium movie stations for even more.

There was a kettle in the room with free tea and instant coffee. Odd since they charged for the television stations.

The location was fantastic. We were only a block away from the ARoS museum and maybe four blocks for the canal and Latin Quarter.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear trekker_jay

Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that you found our newly renovated rooms spacious and that there was plenty of outlets for recharging. I am also glad that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Aarhus.

Regarding our pay-tv, we have just upgraded the entire package offered. Especially from several of our Danish visitors, there has been great demand for the channels that we now offer. These are considered as premium channels, and there is therefore imposed on them an additional payment. I hope that the free coffee and tea compensated somewhat for the payment of the TV.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back here at our hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have stayed here many times and must say it has always been top service with smiling people in the reception. During my last stay I had accidentally booked the wrong dates and ran into some trouble with who could stay when at what cost. As I had gotten an incorrect advise from the hotel, they swiftly solved the whole issue doing "The Right Thing". Top score from me and I will continue to use it and recommend it.

Dear Jeos 12

What a pleasant and thorough review you have written - thank you so much.

It means a lot to me that all our customers get the best experience out of their stay. I'm glad that my competent staff were quick to get right up and got "the right thing" done. I will of course pass on your kind words and I am sure that these will be appreciated among the staff. In busy and tough days, it is the response like this, which makes it all worth the effort. Thank you!