“Comfortable and spacious, good for a break” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Brisbane, Australia
“Comfortable and spacious, good for a break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu for two nights. There are many pluses: reasonably close to central station, so an easy walk, and quite central to the cities' shops and attractions. The staff are pleasant and the breakfast is value for money. I found it quiet, peaceful and a good break from the hustle and bustle of Copenhagen. I found it to be quite expensive compared to what was provided. The lack of what I regard as the basics, such as kettle in the room (there was coffee making contraption, that made a lot of noise and that I needed instruction in using!). I'm not sure I'd go back, because I think there are better value and even more central offerings in Aarhus but for a short break it is nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Chef  at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Karen H

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central location, in the centre of Aarhus. I appreciate your kind words about my staff, and I know that such feedback is appreciated by the staff.

I am of course sorry to hear that our Nespresso machines caused you some troubles. These machines should be able to work for both coffee and hot water. These machines are an extra amenity, which is provided on all off our business class rooms. In the standard rooms we still have kettles. So if we get the chance of accommodate you again. Please do not hesitate to contact the staff, and then they can give you a kettle in the room.

Peter Laursen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have travelled to Arhus for business on many occasions and have always felt the hotels and accomodation in the city was somewhat below par. I decided to try the Radisson, which admittedly was more expensive than most in the area, and I was very pleasantly surprised, the rooms were very good, food was excellent, staff very accomodation etc, overall a very good stay and I would without doubt recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in Arhus. You will be disappointed if you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear GWilson 1964

What a pleasant and thorough review you have written,thank you so much.
I'm pleased that you liked ourrooms and surroundings and of cause that you received the true Yes I Can service we pride our self on delivering both in reception and in our restaurant.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back in the future for another fantastic stay.

Kind Regards

Peter Møller Laursen
Richmond, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

modern and impressive structure, friendly staff, central located, clean... and free FAST wifi!

only downsides: it's pricey and if you want to use the gym it will cost even more, as it's not included. Rooms are large and cozy, but probably they've been designed 20 years ago and it's evident especially in the bathroom.

Dear Federico R

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our class-leading WiFi solution and the cetral location of the hotel. After your last stay, we have renovated all the rooms so they should now be up to date. As you have noted, the rooms were almost 20 years old and not quite as modern as one could wish for.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights with breakfast included. The hotel looks very new and modern, but it’s been around for quite a few years. My room was very spacious with modern Scandinavian furnishings. The only issue I had was that I think the restaurant is a bit small for the size of the hotel; I had to wait 50 min to get a table on a Monday night. I decided to give the restaurant a miss that night, but made a reservation for the next night. The food was excellent I have a 4 course tasting menu including some really good cod. The hotel is about a 5 min walk from the central station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Springbok99

Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hote l.am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently refurbished rooms.
Regarding the problem statement about the lack of place in the restaurant, we have periods of high occupancy. Monday in particular, is one of the busiest days in the restaurant. I'm sorry that you therefore had to wait unnecessarily long time, and finally give up, to get a table Monday evening. However I am glad to hear that you got the opportunity the day after, to enjoy the delicious food our kitchen is making.

Faxe Ladeplads, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very nice and clean hotel wth a great morning buffet placed right in the center of Aarhus. We ad booked a room in another hotel, but the rooms there were just awfull. So we called this hotel and tey were extremely friendly. We got an upgrade because the staff thought we looked like someone who could use an upgrade and it just saved the day. The hotel is in walking distance to art museums, nice restaurants and the promenade, Even for a very pregnant woman like me. Thank you very much hotel staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisa S

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that my staff were able to help you, and even made a complimentary upgrade. I am glad to hear that you found our central location convenient. That is one of the benefits of being a central located hotel.

I hope that we can have the pleasure to accommodate you again.

Florence, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were extremely curious about the city of Aarhus, having read that it's residents are "the happiest in the world". It's clear there's something special going on here as we met so many kind and generous people in Aarhus during our three night stay. We chose the Radisson Hotel as our base and it served us well, although it would probably be more appropriate for business travelers, not tourists. The staff at the front desk were absolutely phenomenal, really world class, showing a talent for anticipating your needs in advance. Our room was larger than expected, with a fully stocked bath (including tub), comfortable down duvet and new carpeting. This last point came as a surprise as we were traveling with a small dog and up to now for all our hotel stays in Scandinavia we've been assigned a "pet room", usually with urine-stained carpets. It's good to know the Radisson trusted our small dog ... and she did us proud! :-) The negative points for this hotel are quite significant, causing us to lower our review to Average. 1) The Radisson is located in the midst of a large park and it's rather isolated from any outside shopping, cafe or restaurant. I'd say this isolation is at least a 100 meters radius from any business outside the hotel. 2) The hotel has capitalized on this isolation by charging extremely high prices for any amenity purchases at the hotel. Their breakfast buffet is 170 DEK (€20 or $26) and a coke out of the minibar in the room will cost you 40 DEK (€5 or $6). I resent being charged these kind of outrageous prices. 3) The pillows on the bed are not feathers or down, but are composed of bits of poly foam, which is extremely soft and pliable. 4) Being a business hotel, there are lots of "suits" milling about and squadrons of smokers outside the main entrance. Running the gauntlet through their ranks will leave you smelling like an ashtray. Whew! In short, several major negatives, which lowers the overall impressive of this large futuristic hotel complex.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mascalzone

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it is always a great pleasure to relay such kind words to our employees and let them know that their considerable efforts do not go by our guests unnoticed. Our staff do their very best to deliver a good product, and your comments just shows that all the hard work is worth it. And I am of course happy to hear that your dog made you proud.

I am of course sorry to hear that there were several major negatives, which lowered your overall experience.
I'm sorry to hear that you have found prices too high at our hotel. We always strive to deliver a product, which gives you value for the price you have paid.
As for your problem statement about smoking, I have asked my staff to find a solution to the avoid people smoking close to the main entrance.

Nijkerk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a pretty new hotel and this shows: Large rooms, modern facilities, bathroom comes with a comfortable bath, free wifi. Focus is manily on business, so for the romantics among you the "modern businesslike feel" might be a bit to clinical, but we happen to like this.

The hotel is situated just outside the real town centre, which means that the area is quiet, but the buzz of the city is within a ten minute walk (we did it in less than five actually).

Staff is friendly and helpfull.

Some little things that make that this hotel is just shy from perfect (for a four star hotel and for us): parking isn't free and quite expensive (20+ euro), and what good is a bath when there's no bath soap?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, Direktør at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Fleermuis

Thank you for your kind words, and your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a good stay at our hotel. Especially I am glad to hear that you found our rooms spacious and modern. All of our rooms have just been undergoing renovations, to meet the high standards we want to provide our guests with. I am pleased to hear that the location of the hotel was something you enjoyed.
Unfortunately this central location is also the reason why we have no free parking. We suffer under the high priced parking, which we have in the centre of Aarhus.