“Good hotel in the heart of Aarhus”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very nice hotel, fine rooms, good room service and friendly staff. The rooms are average size, clean and the hotel it self, is in walking distance to the mainstreet with shops, bars i.e.

It is a bit far from the airport though, so if you are going, prepare for a longer ride (40 km).

Overall 4 out of 5 !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel during your recent trip to Aarhus. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated both our facilities and the service provided by our staff – a hallmark of Radisson Blu.
Sadly, Aarhus Airport is a bit of a drive from the city centre. However, Aarhus Airport has a dedicated airport shuttle bus connecting to every single flight arriving to and departing from Aarhus Airport. If you need further information on airport transit, please do not hesitate to contact our front desk.
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the users of TripAdvisor and hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference at the adjoining conference centre. The website makes it look pretty swish, but in reality the decor is quite dated and in need of a refurb - it's very 'early 90s'. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The room was a good size, clean and comfortable. One minor gripe: the bed just didn't have enough pillows - just two small square cushions on the double bed (travelling alone I was able to use both, but it wasn't ideal. This is only a small complaint, but given the cost of the stay (not cheap) I expect that kind of detail to be right. Good bathroom and shower.

The hotel offers free wifi, but it was slow, patchy and kept dropping off. The location is good, about ten mins walk from the station and close to the Aros art museum.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you very much for staying at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel and thank you for the feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed service, cleanliness and general facilities at our hotel – indeed the very essence of hospitality – and I am very happy to let you know that we are already hard at work improving on the points raised in your review.

As you may have read elsewhere, we are indeed refurbishing our entire hotel – positively shedding that ‘90’s skin. Thus far, we have completed the refurbishment of 114 rooms and plan to complete the refurbishment of the remaining rooms in the near future.

In our ongoing efforts to maintain our class leading (and cost free) WiFi connection, we doubled the bandwidth of our guest WiFi only this week. Moreover, we are looking to more than double the wireless access points at our hotel before Christmas.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your stay with the users of TripAdvisor. I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to experience our newly refurbished rooms, our improved connectivity and our inimitable service,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed there for a weekend, and slept like I rarely sleep away from home. Super comfy Jensen beds. The pillows were 2 small however, and I had to ask for 1 more, as 1 is not enough for me. Very quiet room. I look forward to a visit there again, maybe late in 2013, when they have finished the renovation and have modern, new rooms all over. Really good breakfast and the kindest most attentive elderly gentlemen as waiters in the breakfast restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel during your recent visit to Aarhus and thank you for sharing your experience with the users of TripAdvisor.

It is always wonderful to hear from satisfied guests and better still, when paired with concrete and constructive criticism, such as yours. We will look into alternative options to our current Ajungilak pillows. However, our strict requirements vis-à-vis anti-allergenic performance and product quality does limit our options considerably, as nothing is more important to us than the comfort and well-being of our guests.

We are very happy to inform you that we have already completed part one of our renovation thus offering 114 brand new rooms for our guests to enjoy. Moreover, we are planning to complete the renovation of the remaining rooms in the near future.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon to both experience our brand new rooms and to re-experience the excellent service you enjoyed at our hotel.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This Place is near By Scandinavian Center, Its a very famous Place and I guess center also. Museam is also nearby. Staff is less but enough for your comfort. Overall its again a wonderful Place. In fact this city itself is very good so hotel is also.
Waling distance from Railway Station and shooing place. Beautiful place and lot of people enjoy weekend near this place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu_Aarhus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Mr. Amit.

First and foremost I would like to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Aarhus. I am most grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy to learn that the service you received made your stay comfortable. Once more, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with me. Feedback, such as yours, is an invaluable help in our constant focus on delivering the best service and quality possible. I'm looking forward to welcome you back at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel Aarhus.

Best regards

Peter Moeller Laursen

Reviewed October 7, 2012

To begin with we had to wait over two hours to check in because of their system was down. I doesn't help to offer me and my pregnant girlfriend a free drink to compensate. The rooms doesn't dissappear when the computers crash?

The hotel looks good when you arrive, but tho room were old and tacky.

Otherwise, good location, close to most big sights.

Another thing was that the second day we almost didn't have warm water, but the last night/morning we only had warm water, so warm that we could'n take a shower.

Breakfast was pretty good though.

Regarding their "100% satisfied", I'm looking forward to see if I get any money back, or if it's just cheap talk.

Room Tip: Standard double room, was old and dated.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anders V

Dear Anders

First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Aarhus. I am most pleased that you took the time to share your experience with us and TripAdvisors many users. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced problems during your stay and that we didn't live up to your or our own expectation. Whenever our guests experience any kind of problems, we will do you best to sort the problems out strait away, as long as we are told. On that specific day we experienced major computer breakdown, which made it difficult to deliver the service we normally pride ourself of delivering. There has been been taken precautions so we in the future we be able to respond quicker. I am although pleased that you were satisfied with our super breakfast. Once more, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with me and the TripAdvisor community. Feedback, such as yours, is an invaluable help in our constant focus on delivering the best service and quality possible.
As a side bonus I can inform that we just finished with the refurbishment of the first section of the hotel, which I hope you will come back and experience.

I would like your to contact me directly if your have any other matters to discus, my email you will find below.

Gm.aarzh@radissonblu.com

Best regards

Peter Moeller Laursen

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms are pleasing with a Japanese themed modern decor. Might be a challenge for people with a fear of heights because for many rooms you walk from the elevator (glass backed) across a suspended walkway to the opposite hallway to get to some rooms. But the rooms are nice, not huge, and the lobby attractive. It's a great location for visiting the art museum (almost next door) or the opera house (that is next door), or the center of the city which is a short walk away. Nice breakfasts. No negatives here that we could see.

Room Tip: Stay on the side with the elevators if you have any fear of suspended walkways.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus have very beautiful rooms - very good breakfast - good location - close to everything - good parking possibilities - friendly staff - nice lobby - voted the best hotel outside Copenhagen for several times. It is a visit worth - I will be back.

Room Tip: Book a room as high as possible - nice view of the city
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business