“Excellent value, high efficiency”

Cabinn Hotel Aarhus
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is perfect if you just need a bed and a desk. The little interaction with staff I had was quick and efficient.

I stayed in a "standard" room, which has four beds, two of them bunk beds. There was just enough desk space so that two persons could sit next to each other with a laptop each. The room was minimal, and the layout was well thought out. The bathroom was functional, but it had bad lighting, and the whole floor got flooded when showering.

My room had a nice view of the canal, but there was some noise from the bars down there. This was on a night where the temperature was close to freezing, so I imagine it would be worse in the summer.

The room types listed as available on the web site were different from what I could book over the phone, so you might want to try both if your preferred room type seems unavailable.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Cabinn Hotel Aarhus

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The room was a good size for one person, although it had a pull-down bunk bed too. Like someone else said, it is meant to be like a ship's cabin. The bathroom was compact and the whole thing was the shower (everything that's in there will get wet). The water was hot and pressure was strong, both stayed constant the whole time. Breakfast was nice too, cold continental buffet.
Location was very good, it was about 10 mins walk from the train station and just across from the Aarhus cathedral.
Based on my stay at this Cabinn hotel, I would definitely stay at this or any other Cabinn again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, the room is set out to look like a cabin on a boat. The room is rather small and the beds are very narrow- I pushed my two together, even though I was there on my own as I am used to a much wider bed and worried about falling out! I had a 'commadore' room which is meant be bigger than the standard and economy rooms which must be very small.

The shower is surprisingly powerful but the bathroom is also v small and as one of my colleagues pointed out you could use the toilet, clean your teeth at the basin and shower pretty much without moving! The walls are very thin and there is a bar opposite which I could hear really late into the night (2am) on a tuesday!

The hotel is centrally located, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast is basic but OK. I would probably look elsewhere if staying in Aarhus again but if options were limited I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place has been a very interesting and convenient discovery. Its location in Århus is pretty central, as it only takes a 15 minutes walk maximum to get there from Århus Central Railway Station. Let me add too that although it's so central, the hotel's area is quiet. The street on the entrance side (Kannikagade) is small and just a few cars drive along it; and the street on the opposite side (Åboulevarden) is both a canal and a street more for pedestrians than for cars. However this is not a dead area at all because in several nearby streets like Skolegade, Frederiksgade and Åboulevarden (along the canal), there are many dinning options and also some pubs (the whole area is very safe).
Being also in a central location, it is easy to reach several tourist attractions on foot like the Viking Museum (Moesgård Vikingemuseet), the ARoS Art Museum (ARoS Kunstmuseum) and even also The Old Town Open Air Museum (Den Gamle By).

With reference to the hotel's quality, its lobby is pleasant and big (here they have a free access computer to surf the web, while they also have wifi). The check-in and check-out processes were fast and efficient, and the guy and the girl who attended me, were nice, polite and helpful.

In regards to the clean, pleasant and well maintained room (mine was Room #11), it was bigger than expected (I booked a single room and I got a room with 2 comfortable single beds) but not very big, as its total surface (including the ensuite bathroom) was ca. 15 sq. meters. As said, there were 2 single beds but it is true too that they were somehow narrow (ca. 80 cm). The room contained as well a small desk, 2 chairs, an armchair, a flat screen TV, a narrow wardrobe (without door) and tea facilities. This room had also a small but modern and clean ensuite bathroom.

Considering now the breakfast, this was a nice buffet with rolls and several kinds of bread (Danes are good at baking), cheese, spreadable cheese, ham, different kinds of cold meat, different kinds of jam, honey, orange and apple juices, tea, coffee, fresh fruits, milk and cereals. The breakfast room is, by the way, on the 4th floor, where there is a nice balcony over the canal (Åboulevarden) and also a nice view of the tower of the cathedral.

Thus, as said in the beginning, this has been a very interesting and convenient place and therefore I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room #11 (with 2 single beds) is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Adventages:
-in the center so close to main sights, shops and bars, etc.;
-there is a kettle in the room and some tea, cofee, sugar and styrofoam cups and things to mix it;
-everyday you get a new soap bar and a sashet shampoo/shower gel. Never used the gel but soap was ok though I was never let to use it till the end - everyday it old one was thrown away by staff;
-breakfast on the top floor, nothing special, but for me was sufficient (but I am not picky with food).

Disadventages:
-in the center so if you have room on the canal side you face at least two clubs and there are some more under the hotel so at Thursday, Friday and Saturday night it was loud. Also it was loud some other days - in total 6 nights out of 11;
-rooms are rather small and it is difficult to move around the room (I stayed in commodore) and everything is small: desk, wardrobe, bathroom. I had a room for two and with two people for myself but with two it would get rather crowded;
-no hair dryer;
-the room is not very well lit. No lamp on ceiling, just small lamps above desk, wardrobe and next to beds. Not sufficient;
-beds are a bit narrow and short (and I'm just 1,75m so what do really tall people have to do?). I almost felt out of the bed;
-the staff suposedly cleaned everyday and made up my bed but they almost always left my pjs in disarray and on display (only last day they managed to leave it in order but still on display. Is it so difficult to just simply toss it under the duvet?). And I do wonder if they actually cleaned something cause for sure not the desk nor the sink;
-bathroom always was flooded when taking shower and no heating so if one keeps the door closed it is cold there;
-the window is small so the rooms feel even smaller and you can feel cold coming from it;
-I bet they do not clean the kettles often as there is quite a lot of residue in it;
-three times during my stay (11 nights) the card refused to open my door and I had to walk back to reception desk to have it renewed.

Their slogan "All you need to sleep" is actually not really fitting... I need a bit more. And above everything else - silence.

Additionally, the hotel is not environment friendly (nor, I would say, lean): I got a new soap everyday despite I never used the entire bar; I often got new towel just after using the other one just for one day; there were no rules how to let the staff know you want a new one (like in many other hotels there is a clear rule that you should put it on the floor if you want a new one). Furthermore, despite being said that the card has to be in reader to turn on the lights everyday when I got back to hotel the lights in my room were on.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Rooms are really small but reasonable for the paid price. In weekend centrum of Aarhus is really crowdy and people are loud. Hotel is in centrum so you can expect to hear sounds from streets during the weekend. If you look for place for reasonable money it is good choice in Aaarhus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed two nights in March. The central location is very useful. Whilst the hotel entrance is a bit unwelcoming, the reception staff were all great. We had booked through Ryanair and had chosen an economy room without realising that this meant we would sleep on bunks. The receptionist told us this and offered an upgrade to a twin room. The room was small but adequate and had tea/coffee making facilites although we had to ask at reception for milk on both days. We used the adjacent Cafe Faust on two occasions (light meal and then coffee) and found that hotel guests received a 15% discount. Nice restaurant too. We had breakfast only once as we had to leave early on the Sunday for our flight (breakfast starts at 7.30). The breakfast room (top floor of the hotel) was pleasant, light and spacious. Plenty of food and drink choices. Recommend if you want value for money in the city centre.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple