“Great breakfast! But....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Florence, Italy
“Great breakfast! But....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Comfortable, room renovated, bathroom not ( tap was rusty and door scratched), amusement for kids - wi, billiard, table football - sauna for adults, staff very friendly and a various and good breakfast. You need a car to go downtown, or bus, because it is connected. It takes some minutes to reach center town. They clean up rooms only every 3 days: they only change towels if needed, because this is hotel's policy for environment.

Room Tip: Fifth floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scandic Aarhus V, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus Vest, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Cristina393
Thank you for the feed back. I am happy to hear that you liked the room when you visited Scandic Aarhus Vest.
It is also with great pleasure I read that you liked the activities for kids and the breakfast.
Regarding the cleaning of the rooms, you can get your room cleaned every day if you want to. We just try to help the enviroment and that is why we, if ok with our guests, only clean a litle bit every day, and then a full cleaning after 2 days.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Kristiansand, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

In general a hotel that comes over the middle class. Yes, this hotel is located in the outer zone of what activities can be offered. A completely all right standards, compared to my special needs (wheelchair user). Regard bed and mattress quality, one of the top listed! Experience which pulls down the quality and level of individual staff and condescending tone and less service minded guide for the internet connection. I wanted a normal exertion of power for irrigation of water from the toilet, after many efforts and toilets were clean. One can hope that they get corrected this. Otherwise it seemed the rest of the stay was ok at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scandic Aarhus V, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus Vest, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear MortenBjerregaard
Thank you very much for your review after staying at Scandic Aarhus Vest.
Our fence is established to ensure our guests' cars. A service very few hotels can offer.

I am glad to hear that you found our breakfast buffet good, and I hope that you tasted many of our breakfast options.

Best regards
Scandic Aarhus Vest
Mikkel Kroustrup
Lodz, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

As the hotel is located in on the outer ring it is a bit far away from everything.
On the other hand I stayed in the nice room (2nd floor), rather spacious with queen bed all for myself. Beside that, the furnitnure were: two bedside tables with lamp above each of them, a standing lamp, desk fixed to the wall with two lamps above it, chair, tv, small table and armchair next to window, bin and small table next to wardrobe.The wardrobe had too few hangers and shalves (5 or 6 hangers and two shelves), but there were also an ironing board and iron.

Bathroom: Big plus for a big sink table so I have place to spread my supplies :) and big mirror. There was also a hairdrier.

Staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast good with wide variety of food.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scandic Aarhus V, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus Vest, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Anna G
Many thanks for the feedback after your stay at Scandic Århus Vest.
According to your feedback I will immediately find some more hangers and hang in the rooms.
It is a great pleasure to hear that you find our staff friendly and helpful, it's something we work a lot with so great that it is felt.
It's also great to hear that you find that our breakfast buffet offers a wide range of options, as the breakfast is the most important meal of the day :-).
I hope that we can welcome you at Scandic Aarhus Vest another time.
Nyon, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Tired looking rooms, old furniture and the hotel is in a need of a good renovation. My room was pretty run down and the beds very small. Everything was worn and looked old fashion. The gym was nice and looked fairly new. They have good food and a comfortable bar area. What really made my stay pleasant was the staff, from the reception and cleaning staff to the bar and restaurant staff. If it hadn't been for them I would have scored the hotel low.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scandic Aarhus V, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus Vest, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Evans
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Scandic Aarhus Vest.
We have 3 floors that are renovated, but we still have 2 floors left to renovate. With that in mind I can figure out that you have lived in one of our old rooms. It is with great pleasure that I note that you found the staff service minded and the food was good. We focus a lot on our guests' well-being, and we will do everything to ensure that guests enjoy their stay.
We hope that we can welcome you another time at Scandic Aarhus Vest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Far on the outskirts of downtown away from the central station. Any perceived savings in the room price are quickly demolished by the location.

Staff was professional and courteous as to be expected in Scandic hotels, rooms were pleasant and clean.

Family room had bunk beds on the wall and a single larger bed on the floor.

I have no complaints about the hotel, but because of the location we satyed only one night and then changed hotels.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The rooms on the 3rd floor are in mint condition. Rooms are clean and spacious. For once it is a pleasure to dine in hotel restaurant. The food was exellent and the service as good.
I will continue to use this hotel when visiting Aarhus!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scandic Aarhus V, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus Vest, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Spi007

Thank you for your feedback.

Great to hear that the room was satisfactory and not least that it was a good experience to eat in our restaurant. It's great to hear when our guests try the restaurant and finds out that it is worth the visit

We hope to welcome You at Scandic Aarhus Vest another time.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I arrived late but the receptionist / night porter was really pleasant and efficient. I had a bit of difficulty finding the car park as it appears that you are driving into the nearby service station.

The room was reasonably appointed but tired. For the life of me I couldn't work out the combination of switches to make the lamps over the beds come on. I assume they were broken.

The bathroom was a low point. It appeared grubby but this may have been age although there was definitely a hair on the shower wall so maybe not entirely. The marble effect sink had cracked around the plug. I thought that the shower was broken until I realised it was a hot/cold mixer and not a thermostatic tap; it's been years since I used one of these in a hotel!
Breakfast looked ok but I didn't have time really. The pastries and coffee were ok.

Checkout was friendly and efficient.

Given that the hotel is well located for the motorway I would stay again on business but I would be tempted to try somewhere else.

Would hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed May 2013