Scandic Aarhus City
Hotel Royal(Aarhus)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewscentral locationbusiness tripexcellent locationnice hotelrooms are largean extra bedwalking streetsmall gymart museummodern stylegreat breakfastbathroom floorstandard roombreakfast buffetparking garagebaconfamily room
Reviewed March 23, 2014

After staying in some average hotels this trip it was a relief to check into a nice hotel. The rooms are modern, very clean and excellent wifi. The breakfast selection was outstanding. The inhouse restaurant (I've forgotten the name) was average and expensive but Denmark is not exactly cheap.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank icepick48
Nina_Carlslund, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus City, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Icepick48,

Thank you very much for your fine reveiw - I am delighted to see that you find the hotel modern and very clean. I am also happy to see that you found the breakfast outstanding, thank you!
Our inhouse restaurant is called The Grill and we do sometimes have special offers, just in case you are visiting us again.
I hope to have the opportunity og welcoming you back at Scandic Aarhus City.

Best regards

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed 2 nights - business trip. Great location - within walking distance of most Aarhus attractions. Room is comfortable but small. Bed is ok - but too soft for me.
Breakfast is as always really good at Scandic. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Nina_Carlslund, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus City, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Anders Lisby,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Scnaidc Aarhus City, It is highly appreciated.

I am particularly glad to see that you find good value for money. This is important to us, and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back

Yours Sincerly Nina Carlslund

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is very nice and centrally located. The rooms are new and updated in a Scandinavian design look. The views are not amazing but it is also a city hotel. There is parking below the hotel which is perfect for a city hotel. The restaurant is amazing with a huge variety of classic dishes with high quality. The hotel is in perfect shape but also newly built.

I will definitely stay here again for the location, the rooms and the food (breakfast and dinner).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Nina C, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus City, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Martin J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review . Your feedback is appreciated , and I am particularly happy to see that you liked the restaurant and our classic dishes.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have been in Aarhus in January and the hotel was well located in the center of the city. Spacious rooms ans toilet well equipped, warm and clen Clean. There are also comfortable meeting roms well equipped. Wifi connectioni avalaible , free and fast. Good breakfast, good cappuccino (to be paid); good brasserie too. I would came again in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Nina C, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus City, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Monica B,

Thank you very much for your positive evaluation of your stay with us in January. It is highly valuated and I will share this with my team.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcomnig you back sometime.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Even closer than the Radisson to the main places to eat or drink and the ease of parking in the underground car park is another plus.

The hotel is new, with great looking reception, lobby, bar and breakfast area, with the equally great looking restaurant down a short flight of stairs, at just below the outside pavement level.

The standard room I had was big and airy with good looking, modern decoration and furniture.

The bathroom looked good too. However, there were a few things about the bathroom that made me think, hmmm.... It just looked a bit grubby in places. For instance, the huge mirror next to the basin looked great, but I could imagine that the chambermaids have to hop up onto the unit around the basin to clean the top of the mirror, and it looked to me like they maybe didn't bother to hop up onto the unit every time they clean the rooms, with some mark and streaks on the top. The shower screen had some streaks too. The shower screen also allowed a bit too much water on the floor as well. The weirdest thing about the bathroom (and this was no problem to me, but just a bit strange) was the toilet pan has been fixed to the wall slightly higher than the normal/standard height for a toilet pan!

There was about a 50/50 split between friendly and aloof staff.

The breakfast area was like the rest of the hotel, providing a nice, airy setting and served a standard scandic 'ok' breakfast.

The restaurant, below the breakfast area, looked good, but I didn't eat there.

This place is nice, but the slight negatives for me are things that could be avoided with a bit more effort. I would stay again, the next time the Radisson is full.....

Room Tip: Get a room with a window over the courtyard. Not much of a view, but I imagine it's much quieter than a room next to the road.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Nina C, General Manager at Scandic Aarhus City, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Trebnik,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor after your recent stay at Scandic Aarhus City.

I am delighted to see that you appreciate the hotel and the location in general. I am, however, a bit concerned that our staff didn´t quite live up to your expectations, and I can assure you that I take this very seriously.

I agree with you that it is by providing the best service and being above and beyond that we gain the confidence and loyalty from our guests.

I am also concerned that we didnt seem to provide you with the impression of a 100% clean bathroom. I will hereby assure you that I have taken measures to imrove the standards.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback, it is highly appreciated.

Yours sincerely