“Tasty food with bad attitude towards vegetarians”
Review of Den Rustikke

Den Rustikke
Ranked #30 of 674 Restaurants in Aarhus
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtbyen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The vegetarian main dish was literally 5 baked potatoes on a plate. I love potatoes but with a pricy main dish I would expect a bit... well... something. We complained but the chef seemed not to really understand what was the problem. In the end he did and 20 minutes later we got an egg on top of a pile of peas. Underneath it seemed there was some veggie steaks but it was just two slices of bread hidden under the peas. Very disappointing experience in any kind of restaurant in the year 2019.

In the end the food tasted good but still the place left a bad taste.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank kurikanjani

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

6 of us had dinner here last night and it was all excellent. The ambience of the place is great, no loud music drowning out conversation and the waiting staff were all really friendly and helpful, explaining the menu and the contents of each dish to those of us who don’t speak Danish.

A small menu, true, with only 2 or 3 choices for each course, but the quality of the food was excellent and there was a good range of main courses to choose; fish: chicken or steak (and I think they would do vegetarian too if you asked)

I thought the price for 3 courses was really good, and it’s even bette when compared with the cost of eating a similar meal in other cities (particularly London).

I would definitely recommend Den Rustikke if you want to eat well in Aarhus! I’d also recommend booking a table rather than trying to get a “walk-in”.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

If you like cold steaks with half a pack of unmelted butter on top along with waiters who don't know what wine they are serving, then this is definitely the place for you.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

We decided to step in after walking by. They offer a three course menu with two to three options for every course. The service was really nice and explained every dish for us in English. The price for the menu is more than justified for the quality of the food. We really loved it and will visit it again after the menu changes.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Having previously visited this restaurant, I knew we were going to get food food, and I wasn’t disappointed. The restaurant is situated in a very picturesque part of Aarhus and is beautifully presented.

Staff and friendly and couldn’t be more helpful and all have excellent English. Every course was delicious, really couldn’t be faulted. They made me a vegetarian dish when one wasn’t on the menu, and it was delicious! Definitely worth seeking out.

Date of visit: October 2018