“Appalling service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Den Rustikke

Den Rustikke
Reserve with
Den Rustikke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 478 Restaurants in Aarhus
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtbyen
Denmark
“Appalling service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had some ok experiencies with Den Rustikke before so I decided to give it another chance: I wanted to celebrate my birthday with some friends.

I made a reservation and the table was ready for us to seat down as soon as we arrived. We got our drinks, we made our order and we started to wait.
And we waited, and waited and waited.

After 35 minutes we asked the waiter for how long we had to wait and he said 5 more minutes or so. This is incredible as the restaurant only has 2 starters and one of them tonight was a salad: it can't take 40 minutes to make it ready to serve!

I lost my patience when people who arrived later than us got their starters in front of us.

I went to the desk to pay making it very clear how angry I was for the waiting and because people got served before us. The waiter apologized and tried to justify the situation by saying that "people keep coming in". I told him that that was a very poor excuse as they knew (because one has to make a reservation) how many people would come that evening.

And if they are planning to give bad service to the customers because they are busy, then it will certainly damage their business.

Finally, after paying the bill (the drinks we ordered) the waiter said that he hoped that they could make it better another time. I told him, that he could have started by NOT CHARGING me for the drinks...

Den Rustikke had some faults that could easily being corrected to make it even better value for money. But what I experienced tonight left me very worried about their future.

PS:The worst of all was that we had to find a new restaurant very quickly and we entered a Mexican restaurant that was a disaster...

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Oscar_from_Denmark

• Finnish first
“Cheap, plenty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Super value for money, and much better food than you'd expect for the price. It's French-Italian in style, with dashes of local cuisine.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank brynskov
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Great food and very cheap. The selection changes depending on availability and season. Good atmosphere and definitely good value for money.

1 Thank Beritspirit
“Nice smell and food tastes awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

From 17:00 there is a fixed menu: 165 dkk for 3 dishes. I enjoyed chocolate cake - lite, quite sweet, with berries. Staff was kind enough to adjust course for vegetarian. I liked service in spite of the fully packed room during the Aarhus Festival 2012. My husband really liked smashed mushroom soup with chicken.

“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great food made from the bottom, cheap and good atmossphere. A couple of good beers on tap, best is Namur Blanche

• Visited August 2012