“Good value for money”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Holte, Denmark
“Good value for money”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice, clean rooms, well situated hotel, private parking, competent, friendly staff. Good breakfast buffet and appealing design. Good for business travel - would be nice with a restaurant on site but you'll find some good ones in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Norway
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel Oasia is a modern hotel with a good location in the centre of Aarhus. Close to the railway station, the ARoS art centre, the concert house and lots of restaurants. The design is modern and minimalistic. Our room was quite small, but with a comfortable bed. Everything perfectly clean. No air-conditioning, and with the trains passing outside, it may not be a good idea to leave the window open at night. The windows were very sound proof, though, so noise was not a problem with the windows closed. The staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. Parking in the quiet street outside or in the hotel’s own parking. Free WIFI with quite good speed. Free coffee and tea at any time. Nice breakfast with enough to choose from.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was traveling with a group of 25+ people and the hotel knew we would be arriving late in the evening. As we arrived the front desk was staffed with one person. She.. while competent was assisting us one at a time and answering the phone from existing guests. Our group was large enough so that our line tailed out the door and into the street (on a rainy night). You would think that the hotel would plan and be ready to accept a large group and to get them into their rooms quickly and efficiently..no luck.

Upon opening the door to my room I found pillows scattered all around the bed and the bed linens in a nice folded pile on my bed. The first thought that occurred to me was...this is taking the whole green thing to another level..."not even use the bed sheets?" Then I concluded that my room has in mid cleaning but never got finished. If I had called to the front desk I would have been the inconsiderate one who was holding up my colleagues from even getting their room keys.

Internet - The router in this hotel works great if you are working at the front desk. My room had very spotty in and out coverage...it never did allow me to work.

Fire Alarm - After exiting the shower the alarm in my room sounded...piercingly high screech followed by a knock on my door. I was just out shower and the front desk person asked me if I had taken a long steamy shower...none of the mirrors was fogged so I pointed to the mirrors and windows with my answer of no.

Chocolates will solve it all - While I was trying to solve the internet problem the front desk person apologized for my room at check in. She then said the following, "We contemplated comping your room...but then realized you probably weren't paying for it anyway so we decided against it...no kidding!!!" Then she said so we decided to offer you this nice box of chocolate.

This hotel does have a good location and is pleasently designed (clean minimalist style)...but they have some issues that need attention. At $200 per nite they need to fix these up before I would consider a return visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a very bad experience with this hotel. As er arrived, they told us they had overbooked. Fair enough: they had managed to find us a room in another hotel, five kilometres away the grumpy receptionist said. But when we arrived at the hotel, we found out it was in another town, 15 kilometres away! The receptionist also lied about warning us at Mail the same morning. When I checked my Mail box, there was no Mail. At last: We had to pay the same price at the other hotel, and the receptionist didn't excuse once!

• Stayed January 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stay at this hotel 4-5 times per year.
the location is great, close to everything.
Great service, good breakfast, included Internet access.

The rooms are mordern and clean.
Room facing the backyward are the quiet ones.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want to try something else than the usual hotels with absolutely no atmosphere, the City Hotel Oasia is highly recommended.

Very stylish rooms with fantastic beds and bed linen (dyner in danish). Never tried anything like it.
Location is perfect and very warm and welcoming staff. Had a room on third floor under the roof. Very cosy indeed.

Free wifi around the hotel and in the rooms. Good selection of TV channels, movie channels etc. Free coffee/tea in rooms was missing but can be picked up free of charge in the breakfast area. At this price range it should be possible in the room as well.

Breakfast ok without being fantastic. Downside is only one coffee machine for 80 people...

Room Tip: Room on third floor under the roof is cosy.