“One thing after another”
Review of Hotel Oasia Aarhus

Hotel Oasia Aarhus
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Aarhus
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was traveling with a group of 25+ people and the hotel knew we would be arriving late in the evening. As we arrived the front desk was staffed with one person. She.. while competent was assisting us one at a time and answering the phone from existing guests. Our group was large enough so that our line tailed out the door and into the street (on a rainy night). You would think that the hotel would plan and be ready to accept a large group and to get them into their rooms quickly and efficiently..no luck.

Upon opening the door to my room I found pillows scattered all around the bed and the bed linens in a nice folded pile on my bed. The first thought that occurred to me was...this is taking the whole green thing to another level..."not even use the bed sheets?" Then I concluded that my room has in mid cleaning but never got finished. If I had called to the front desk I would have been the inconsiderate one who was holding up my colleagues from even getting their room keys.

Internet - The router in this hotel works great if you are working at the front desk. My room had very spotty in and out coverage...it never did allow me to work.

Fire Alarm - After exiting the shower the alarm in my room sounded...piercingly high screech followed by a knock on my door. I was just out shower and the front desk person asked me if I had taken a long steamy shower...none of the mirrors was fogged so I pointed to the mirrors and windows with my answer of no.

Chocolates will solve it all - While I was trying to solve the internet problem the front desk person apologized for my room at check in. She then said the following, "We contemplated comping your room...but then realized you probably weren't paying for it anyway so we decided against it...no kidding!!!" Then she said so we decided to offer you this nice box of chocolate.

This hotel does have a good location and is pleasently designed (clean minimalist style)...but they have some issues that need attention. At $200 per nite they need to fix these up before I would consider a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Oasia Aarhus

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a very bad experience with this hotel. As er arrived, they told us they had overbooked. Fair enough: they had managed to find us a room in another hotel, five kilometres away the grumpy receptionist said. But when we arrived at the hotel, we found out it was in another town, 15 kilometres away! The receptionist also lied about warning us at Mail the same morning. When I checked my Mail box, there was no Mail. At last: We had to pay the same price at the other hotel, and the receptionist didn't excuse once!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stay at this hotel 4-5 times per year.
the location is great, close to everything.
Great service, good breakfast, included Internet access.

The rooms are mordern and clean.
Room facing the backyward are the quiet ones.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want to try something else than the usual hotels with absolutely no atmosphere, the City Hotel Oasia is highly recommended.

Very stylish rooms with fantastic beds and bed linen (dyner in danish). Never tried anything like it.
Location is perfect and very warm and welcoming staff. Had a room on third floor under the roof. Very cosy indeed.

Free wifi around the hotel and in the rooms. Good selection of TV channels, movie channels etc. Free coffee/tea in rooms was missing but can be picked up free of charge in the breakfast area. At this price range it should be possible in the room as well.

Breakfast ok without being fantastic. Downside is only one coffee machine for 80 people...

Room Tip: Room on third floor under the roof is cosy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here a few months ago for two nights. I was slightly worried about the noise from the trains after reading the reviews here, but I have noticed nothing at all.
Conveniently located very close to the railway station. Nice quiet atmosphere, great style, friendly staff, good breakfast with nice fresh fruit and bread selection. I will come back some day when the weather is better to use the courtyard!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed on a short business trip, after spending couple of months in the UAE. People complain about the noise from the railway, however I had the windows closed so it was ok.
If you want to park, make sure you book a space.
You could kill someone (not that I would) with the B&O TV remotes in the rooms!
Breakfast is basic but good and the hotel is close enough to the City Center to make it possible to walk, but not close enough to get disturbed by the late night revelers.
I could do with a proper indoor bar area.
Will/Would stay again.

Room Tip: If you don't like trains try to get a room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night when going to Aarhus in Sept 2012 for a relaxing weekend break. We were really impressed with the Hotel Oasia and enjoyed our stay immensely.
Location: Really convenient, minutes walk from the railway station and centre of town. The shuttle from the airport also drops off at the railway station so easy with any luggage.
Room: The style of the hotel is of beautifully elegant design. Stayed in one of the 'design' rooms, the Kallemo room, and was impressed with the signature pieces in the room. Super comfy bed and B&O telly and phone. In my opinion, the hotel could highlight the unique features of each design room a little more.
Service: The staff were all polite and efficient. We had good correspondence via email when booking. More than that, the staff were really friendly and easy going which suits the mood of the hotel. Initially the desk staff could not tell us something, but they took the effort to find out. The breakfast buffet was a reasonable selection of hot and cold food- which did run out at times, but the staff did their best to keep it all topped up.
Overall: If you find yourself in Aarhus, then the Hotel Oasia provides a stylish and well located base. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Design rooms are worth the little extra.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple