Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
The guide was good but the tour was a little dull

Reviewed September 30, 2018
abiflo
Basel, Switzerland
via mobile
Thomas was great!

We took the free walking tour with Thomas. Before taking this tour you need to understand that... read more

Reviewed June 26, 2018
N J
Woodstock, Canada

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I will never miss a free walking tour when we travel as it's a wonderful way to learn about a new place. The guides are always great and Anastasia was no exception she was friendly and also knowledgeable, although I would have enjoyed more insight into the Danish people and culture, with maybe some food and drink recommendations. Other than that I think aarhus may not be the most exciting place to visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

On a stop from a cruise, it was a good way to visit the old town in a couple of hours. Unfortunately our guide was new in town, and lacked both the experience of guided tours, and his English was not always fluent. However, he did his best to provide information, and spent more time than planned to make sure we saw everything. Aarhus was a nice discovery, very cultural, and the people are extremely friendly.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

We took the free walking tour with Thomas.

Before taking this tour you need to understand that nothing in life is free.
You are saving the cost of using your travel agent or cruise ship to book this tour. You are skipping a couple of middle men, but understand that the guide himself cannot work for free. It is a given that you need to leave a nice tip so that the guide is able to afford to continue this service.

Thomas was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and outgoing. He spent way more time with our group than was planned because he could tell that we were all having a great time. He had lots of stories, jokes, and knew lots of shortcuts through the city.
It was a fun and interesting experience.

1  Thank N J
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Very engaging! Aarhus is awesome and totally recommend Thomas as a guide. He is very engaging and funny. :)

Reviewed September 30, 2017

The guide managed to show several interesting places, show his passion and make us laugh and talk about the tour hours after finishing it. Thank you so much! 5*

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately I was the only one to show up for the tour, so they cancelled it. However, the guides still took the time to show me some places on my map that I should visit.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

This is an excellent option to get to know Aarhus a bit better and get the opportunity to discover small treasures all around the city.
This is a great concept, created to expand people's interest in Aarhus and its history. The guides put their personal time and interest into these tours and contribute to creating a more personalized (and less formal) interaction.
Highly recommend! Especially with the sun shining!

1  Thank MargaridaM527
Reviewed February 25, 2017

Really interesting and exceptionally well presented !! I really liked the church and the viking drinks!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Aarhus_Experience, Ejer at Aarhus Free Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm happy you liked the tour :-)

Reviewed February 20, 2017

Thank you for this nice tour of the latin quarter, now I know some interesting and some useful stuff !

Aarhus_Experience, Ejer at Aarhus Free Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy to hear you liked the tour, despite the cold winter weather.

/Tobias

Reviewed February 15, 2017

Great host and tour, we saw great parts of Aarhus and I will really recommend to do it as you will see part of the city you will no expect.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction