“The worst hotel I've been to”

BEST WESTERN Hotel Scheelsminde
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Aalborg
Beersheba, Israel
“The worst hotel I've been to”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Here are the reasons:
1. I'm not accustom to share my room with ants
2. I think that fixing a room heating system should not take 3 days and two conversations with the reception. I do not know how long it took actually to fix the heating as I moved to another room on the third day of my stay.
3. Badly installed faucet which nobody cares to fix.
4. Bad lamps in the room. I could read only if everything is switched on.
5. Bed linen was replaced only once during my two-week stay.
6 Very small shower cabin. I could not turn inside it without touching either walls or curtain. And I am fat (70kg).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael G

Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip to Aalborg. The room was 'ok' - all the facilities you would expect of a 4 star hotel and a very big room - however the decor was very plain and a little dated. The white painted brick walls felt a bit cheap, and a bit of colour in the room would not hurt, but that just my personal opinion.
Apart from that, the hotel is very quiet.
The amazing thing about this hotel though is the food!
Having stayed in many chain hotels in the past, I have never experienced gourmet food in this style of hotel before, and certainly not to the standard that Scheelsminde offers.
At a 'michelin star' level - the food is simply fantastic - a gastronomical experience - and without a doubt one of the best restaurants I have ever dined in - far better than many 5 star hotels in the UK!
Would definitely reccommend the hotel and the food - and only a 4 star because of the decor and styling in the rooms which is the only point that lets the hotel down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

bad weather, lots of sleet, get to the hotel thinking of a nice restful evening and a good sleep. Hahahaha... firstly, the room is cold, even with the radiator turned full on.

So I decide to go for an early evening meal. Having been told the restaurant was open "from 6:30" I went down at 6:25. Surprised to see a guy already tucking in to his starter.

I order. Starter, Main course and dessert. Starter arrives quite quickly, but at 7:55 I still had not recieved my main course. 3 guys who came in after me had been served their starters AND main course by the time I mentioned it to the waiter.

Unbelievably, when I mentioned this fact to the waiter he pointed out to me that "Oh that guy didn't have a starter" So that's alright then!!! And then he says " Can I get you a coffee, on the house, to apologise?" A free coffee, right.

So my steak arrives, cooked as I want it (medium rare) but dry and not very appetising. As the waiter takes it away I say " I'll have my dessert now please".

10 minutes later the guy on the next table walks out, he's fed up waiting for his dessert.

30 minutes later no dessert. I walk out.

I explain, rather angrily to the receptionist what has happened, turned around to leave, and the waiter is stood looking at me, just grinning like an idiot (which he obviously is!!!)

And the bedroom is STILL cold!

Best Western - you've let me down this time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Franglais12

Travelers are raving about these Aalborg hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The good:
A very good restaurant and good location with a nice park. Friendly staff.

The bad:
Rooms are small, and beds vary from ok to awfull. TV channels are in a lousy quality, so blurred that it it hurts. The free WIFI has an awfull coverage in most rooms, so bring your own internet, if you expect to work !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sch_dk
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night after travelling by ferry from Norway. Booked using Best Western Rewards points and chose a Queen Room. We arrived pretty late so wasn't in the mood to change rooms when we found we were in a twin bed room. All they had done was push two single beds together. When checking out I was informed that this was what they called a Queen Room! Thankfully I hadn't had to pay or I would have been seriously annoyed. Breakfast was also pretty average and not a patch on other hotels I have stayed at in Denmark.

Overall, not a 4* hotel, more a 'motel' and I won't be coming back. Further, I will be contacting Best Western directly to complain about this hotel

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank mab_robinson
Tim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a romantic getaway here. Room was nice and clean, spa area great but the restaurant was really excellent. Nothing in DK is cheap but the has great value for money compared to especially similar plages in Copenhagen or Aarhus.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

The room is small, but with a comfortable bed, no air-conditioning (as usual in Denmark) and no window screens (also as usual); kids running back and forth overhead until late, a next-door dog saved his barking for the morning -- but when you go to dinner, Nordic cuisine in all its glory, a bar with many single malt scotches, and an included breakfast that was a cornucopia of great cheeses and breads, salad fixings, smoked fish, eggs, coffee, fruit (amazing melons!) and yogurt. Also the ever-present ham, of course. So, all in all, a memorable, mostly positive, overnight spot. Couldn't imagine staying for more than one night, but the other reviews are mystifying -- there's no other place to stay nearby at the price. Sure, I could have gotten a better room paying a lot more somewhere else, but why make that the focus? Pay more money and stop complaining, fellow travelers -- or just go here for the dinner!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple