“Ok hotel in the center of Odense”

Milling Hotel Windsor, Odense
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Odense
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at the Windsor hotel during a weekend to visit some friends. The hotel is located in the center of Odense with walking distance to most things in the city. There is a narrow parking place in the backyard with free parking if space is available. We booked a premium room and got a room facing the street with a bed room and a tiny "living room". The room was quiet but there was a strange smell i the room we didn't like. It was also a bit worn down in general an in need of renovation. Beds were ok and breakfast good but not excellent. The staff was nice and helpful. Wifi was free and worked fine.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SwedenSkibum

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is close to everything in Odense. It is easy to find and close to the train station, within walking distance.
The staff were helpful and spoke excellent English, as do most people in Denmark.
The decor is best described as bizarre. I have no problem with red patterned carpet, red and gold chairs and brown and gold bedspreads, I'd just prefer they weren't all in the same room!
The room was comfortable and the ensuite bathroom was clean, I don't really need much more. It did remind me of English guest houses in the 70's, that to is not necessarily a bad thing. I however have moved on and expect a little bit more, I am more used to neutral colour schemes.
On the down side you have to ask for an internet password each day and for each individual access - we had a phone and laptop, not an issue once you know but slightly annoying on the first day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's a solid 3 star hotel in a good location, near to the inner city. Parking is possible across the street but you have to pay for it. Breakfast is good, interior is old fashioned but clean. I can recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was my second time at this hotel. And not my last :)
I like they have nice prices, breakfast and close to everything.
If your visiting Odense, you are in walking distance of most stuff :)

We had a lovely quite visit. Me and my boyfriend in May 2013.
We got a big open room. Upgradet with chairs to sit and look out.
The view is nothing special. But if you want a great view, I recommend to go to the park near Munke Mose and go for a walk in the nice quite area :)
Or take a trip to the local Zoo :) Always loads of stuf to do.

The people working there are very nice and helpful.
And the hotel has it`s own charm :)

We will definitly come back and recommend it :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a 5 days stay at this hotel. Accompanied by a friend and my dog.
We had a very lovely stay.
The hotel is in the middle of Odense. Short to everything.
Walking distance for everything more or less :) Bus stop close by.

I think the hotel had comfortable prices and if we needed any help we got it :)
We had incl. dinner buffet at Hotel Ansgar which was great menu. A little bit of a lot :)
+ free WI-FI on room. Which always worked. Just remeber to pick up the code in the reception :P

A special thing about this hotel which we very much appreciated was the snack during the day. Lovely to take a break from the shopping. By heading back to the hotel to eat snacks. Which was including. Also coffee and hot chocolat incl. 24h a day :)
And we looked forward to the lovely breakfast everyday.. Even though we normally aren`t morning person :P
We enjoyed everything. And I would definitly come back :D

A big plus is they allow dogs :) Which is difficult to find, a great hotel which allows.
And it was perfect for christmas shopping :D

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Staff friendly and breakfast excellent. We stayed four nights. The hotel heating could improve but it is an easy walk from the train station and an easier walk to the old section of Odense where there is lots to do. One day day we took the train to Svenborg and went over on the ferry to the island of Aero and rented bikes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beaver5
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Having just returned from Odense and a weekend stay at the Windsor, I felt I should write a review on the hotel.

The staff were very helpful, the room was clean and tidy, breakfast was plentiful and lts of variety. The hotel is very central and close to the train station.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family