“Average food - great beer”
Review of Svaneke Bryghus

Svaneke Bryghus
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Svaneke
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you go to "Bryghuset" to eat, don't expect too much. Food is average based on barbecue, burgers, fries etc. Beer, though, is good. Especially the "Choko Bryg" a beer based on coa coa beans. Try it, if you like a slight sweetness and a little spice. It's superb! If you go to Svaneke to eat, I can't really think of any places to recommend if you're after something more than just average. This doesn't mean that food is bad ... just average. Atmosphere depends on time of day. In the daytime there's a lot of families which means a lot of kids and it can be quite noisy.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Very busy here! We were wondering who was controlling it all and the answer in our case was; nobody. Tiny bowls for a nearly empty salatbar but the smoked tuna with creamcheese was fantastic. The bruchette was delivered as carlic bread, and was too simple. We ordered spare ribs and after waiting a long time while enjoying the great beer on draft, we realised they forgotten our order. One of the waiters, about 17 years old looked frantic and said it was busy in the kitchen. At that time most eaters had either finished or already left so that seemed unlikely.
They did not only admit their mistake but apologised twice and we were offered free dessert. Not in the mood, we received the expensive beers for free instead. All together worth 4 stars!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We ate an early dinner at the restaurant during a day trip to Svaneke. Having read about the place online, we decided to try it out, and we were not disappointed - in fact, I would say that this was the best meal we had during our 4 days on Bornholm

The menu was unpretentious but included some unusual touches such as (no surprise really) sauces that involved a certain amount of beer. Many of the choices revolved around steaks or classic cuts of meat: I ordered a Pepper Steak and it was cooked to perfection and nicely presented. Most dishes were served with a simple selection of seasonal vegetables and potatoes, and again my experience was positive - good quality ingredients that made a tasty dish, with the flavour and presentation a cut above the average. The portions were fairly generous also.

Naturally, there was a good range of quality beers on offer, and for those who wish to try out several different types without worrying about losing their way home, there was a 1dl 'taster' size available.

Generally, I found the restaurant cosy, clean and spacious (we were eating early and just off-season, so I cannot comment on what the place is like at the height of the Summer season). Service was attentive and pleasant, somewhat better than I have come to expect in Scandinavia.

All in all, a very good dining experience. If I had to choose something negative, then I would add that this was also the most expensive meal we ate during our stay, but I suppose that just proves you get what you pay for. I didn't feel cheated

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The brewery and restaurant is a popular place to visit. The beer comes in many different varieties and they have a good selection of food, too

Reviewed July 17, 2012

All the beer is pricey, but of excellent quality. The food was quite nice and the portions were more than ample. The service was slow but accommodating.