“Great stay!”

Ramada Plaza Thraki
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Alexandroupoli
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Thraki Palace. Rooms are big and comfortable with easy access to the beach. Very clean and every morning we found a sweet on our pillows. Food was very tasty serving all tastes. Not far from the town center with the tavernas and cafes and bars. We would stay there again at first chance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank manbaya

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent a wonderful holiday in these places. I liked, Evros Delta, Saint Paraskevi Beach, the Aegean Sea and most, Thraki Palace with all employees and especially the manager Antonis Degrenis. Toni, as it is called, gave us impeccable service both at the bar, the pool, the restaurant and the rest. Toni is a nice man, friendly and well trained. As proof of the good things are in everything you do: clean, food very good and varied, catering, drinks served by the book, accommodation etc.
I've been on holiday in Greece in Halkidiki (Potideea Palace) and Korfu (Apollo Palace). And these places are wonderful, as they spend them now (Thraki Palace), but what makes the difference are the people who put their heart and soul into everything I do. From this point of view, Toni is on real man, because by the behavior of irreproachable work, made us to be happy this holiday just because it puts the soul into the profession and make a profession soul and therefore the small inconvenience went unnoticed.

Room Tip: "Beach is a improvisation
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Victor641025
Reviewed July 10, 2013

That hotel sold to us from the best touristic agency, as a hotel which has it's own beach, and as a perfect place for vacation with kids. We are were disappointed. Because hotel does not have beach! If you go with small kids, and without car, your kids will swim only in the pool with sea view! This is not five stars hotel. Furniture is old, you do not have safe in the room and cleaning ladies do not change towels every day, and do not put shampoo and bath when they missed! I have not seen something like that yet in good hotels. The buffet breakfast was wery poor, and if you do not come at the beginning of dinner, usualy missed some of food. I have not expected something like that in five star hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Putni
Apostolos P, Owner at Ramada Plaza Thraki, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Firstly I would like to thank you for all your remarks that refer to your stay at our hotel. I would also like to assure you that your feedback will create an improvement cycle within our venue.

Regarding your remark about the beach, the fact is that several weeks ago there was an unexpected disaster at our beach due to unusual strong south winds. This phenomenon destroyed our beach and created the images that you saw. From our behalf we reacted as soon as we could and created a new beach that is shown on our revised pictures and you probably experienced yourself. Our goal was to create a beach that will not be affected by the sea where, at the same time, our guests will be able to enjoy the sea in front of the hotel. We believe that the result was to create the first beach that is floating above the sea level!!

We were very concerned from your remark regarding the children and in order to improve their experience in our hotel, we have introduced (from 1/7) a list of 21 indoor and outdoor activities that can create an unforgettable experience for all the family.

The matter with the towels was very important for us and led to a major increase (with a relative financial investment from us) in the volume of the housekeeping materials (especially towels) in order to avoid in the future any similar incidents.

On the other hand, I was rather surprised by the remark for the safe deposit box since we offer this service on a 24h basis at the reception back office (only for standard rooms). Executive rooms and suites have individual safe deposit boxes.

At last and regarding our breakfast, I must mention that our breakfast consists of more than 50 different choices (most of them bought and served on a daily basis), a list that by far exceeds the list of the obligatory choices that is required by the national law for a 5-star breakfast. Of course, we reviewed this particular list and we are now in a process of close monitoring and possible improvement.

Thank you again for your remarks and we would like to welcome you at our hotel again in the future in order to offer you our improved services.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you are looking for a peaceful family holiday, this is right place for you. Six of us were this summer (end of june) at the Thraki Palace hotel and we had a wonderful time. Great spa and wellness center that is free for the hotel guests, good various food, nice service, and also the center of Alexandroupoli is not far away, around 3 km. Hotel and spa center are new modern, rooms are spacious, gym is nicely equipped and not crowded at at all. Hotel has its own beach, sea is clean, also there are two swimming pool (one of them for children) so we could swim all we want ;). We are strongly recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ilija R
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have just returned from the family vacation. We spent there 6 nights.
I do not want to comment services, rooms, etc. It is for sure not a 5-star hotel. What concern me the most is the fact that the hotel does not have beach. It is so close to the sea, but without the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Tamifil
Apostolos P, Owner at Ramada Plaza Thraki, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you spend at our hotel and for your usefull remarks. Your feedback was very valuable and created an improvement process within our management team and our personnel.

Regarding your remark about the beach, it is true that the situation is not ideal. The fact is that several weeks ago there was an unexpected disaster at our beach due to unusual strong south winds. This phenomenon destroyed our beach and created the images that you saw.

Of course we reacted as soon as we could and created a new beach that is shown on our revised pictures. Our goal was to create a beach that will not be affected by the sea where on the same time our guests will be able to enjoy the sea in front of the hotel. We believe that the result was to create the first beach that is floating above the sea level !!

Our plan is to deal with this phenomenon in more depth before the next summer since we believe that any additional works at this moment will annoy our guest.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

An excellent hotel in a perfect location, good service.
It is located in front of the sea.
Excellent breakfast, Internet connection in all rooms.
The room is pretty large with excellent bathroom, but the carpet is a little old and damage but clear.
It' s obvious that the hotel need a renovation

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Elefteria K
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed there during a business trip. The hotel was booked by a company, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen it.

I was given a room at the ground floor, facing the backyard and a fence. The first bad impression is the dirty carpet in the hallway that leads to the room, and the dirty carpet in the room. The room number was a scruffy hand-written plate on the door....Imagine these two first impressions, for a so called 5 star hotel...

The room itself was spacious but with many problems. First of all there wasn't a lock either on the main door and the bathroom door. -1 points there.

No safe in the room. I had to put my valueable belongings in my car trunck... Another -1 point there...
No stationary material or info abouth the hotel or the room. Just a room-service menu and some info about the spa...
The bed was mediocre but provided good sleep, at least for me.
The TV, as said by others, was an old type one. Doesn't bother me, but hey, it's a 5* hotel at the bottomline...
The wi-fi was free and with a good signal.

The whole room was looking old and cheap. Cheap furniture, full of scratches, dirty carpet, not many amenities that define a 5 star hotel.

The breakfast bufett had a good variety of foods but there were two things that ruined the whole impression. First of all, the orange juice. Canned orange juice with awful taste... And everyday I found DIRTY cups for my coffee... DIRTY cups....

The spa is grate, with many amenities but I found the 12€ charge for the pool, even for the hotel guests, very disturbing. They don't charge the steam bath or the sauna or the various shower cabins, and they charge the swimming pool. Imagine bringing your kids along. You will have to pay 12€ per kid to keep them busy and happy...

In conclusion: I didn't enjoy the stay. In fact I left earlier than my scheduled departure because I didn't enjoy my stay at all.
The hotels needs a BIG renovation.
I wouldn't stay again at that hotel if I had to pay myself for the room.

If I had to rate it, I would have put a 3* stamp to Thraki Palce Hotel....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DoctorSotos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandroupoli
Astir Egnatia Alexandroupoli
Apartment Hotel Athina
Apartment Hotel Athina
#5 of 8 in Alexandroupoli
FilosXenia Roxani Country House

Been to Ramada Plaza Thraki? Share your experiences!