“Basic”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Volos
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Charmless yet convenient hotel in Volos, if you get a sea view room, as balconeys are quite big. Otherwise, it is a basic 3 star hotel (pretending 4) which would need some serious investiment, especially as far as the common premises are concerned. BF was below average for a hotel of that category. Good point: you may park quite easily and charge-free in the streets around the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed February 16, 2012

The Park Hotel has a lot going for it, but more than anything its location in the city centre, near the sea and habor, and a short walk from the University. There are, of course, problems, and few other countries in Europe would rate it four stars, which is its advertised rating. Rooms are small, bathrooms cramped. In our room the sheets didn't fit the beds and the rooms are poorly lit. I have also seen better breakfasts. Don't expect too much, however, and you will be pleased. The staff was very kind to a person: from checkin to maid service we found nothing but smiles.

Room Tip: Key here is ensuring you get a seaside room. Otherwise you will hve nothing to write home about.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Visitor_from_Athens
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I frequent five star hotels, so you might think I would have found this little place intolerable on every level, but not so. I requested a high floor and a room with a full sea view, so this is what I received. My room had a lovely balcony, which was great for sipping a glass of restina or ouzo with colleagues. Although the furnishings were dog-eared and carpet was in serious need of cleaning, they were serviceable. I did not expect a robe and slippers, but there they were. The Internet worked relatively well, although it would "burp" periodically and throw me offline. The air conditioning system did not function at all and instead blew hot air on me, which was annoying since the weather was quite warm this autumn. I have stayed in several hotels in Greece in just the past few months, and while the breakfast was not as lush as in other hotels, it was passable and fresh. I particularly liked the preserved baby pears and cherries in syrup--just delicious and rich. If the weather allows, request to take your breakfast out to the balcony and enjoy watching the Aegean while you eat. In summary, I slept great in my clean, little bed, and kept my drinks cold in the mini-fridge. The view from the room was terrific and the hotel is just a few minutes walk from all sorts of wonderful cafes and restaurants. If you know you are not getting four star, you'll be find at Park Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LAPlatinum
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Its very expensive. The rooms are poor for a four star hotel. I couldn't find an electricity supply to recharge my mobile phone. The location is good, next to the center of Volos. The fact that the hotel is located opposite a park makes it peaceful and keeps it away from the traffic. They

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ivlassi
Reviewed April 5, 2011

No. It's not great, but it's well-located and the staff is very accomodating. I've stayed there several times and even if the bar or restaurant is closed, they will bring you drinks or food (that their night staff can make, they ask you what you want, hilarious) 24 h a day. Not great accomodations and even with their sound-proof doors, EVERY time I've stayed there I had someone come to my room to tell me that my TV was too loud. I travel a lot, so I keep my sound low at night, totally confused about how thin their walls must be... Decent breakfast, free internet, good location, I'm sure I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Imbethanntoo
Reviewed February 11, 2011

The room was dark and dingy; the furnishings were poor quality; the beds were rock hard; the 'inclusive' breakfast was DREADFUL ... even by Greek standards; there WAS no 'service'; reception was uninterested; the dining room, open '8.30pm -10.30pm' [?] was only setting up at 8.45. We checked out after one day rather than stay our planned three. The only saving grace was the view from the balcony ... super. This hotel is rated 4 stars; Rotary club use it; perhaps it's OK for business ... but if you're there for pleasure, avoid it at all costs. Some of the 2 stars along the road are much better!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank yrhenysgol
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Our stay at the The Park Hotel Volos was the worst in a 3 week Greek vacation. The lobby is pretty and well maintained, in sharp contrast to the actual hotel room we stayed in which was horrible. Dirty, broken air conditioning, uncomfortable bed, cramped. All in all, a very bad experience and very poor value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple