“Excellent hotel”

and 1 more site!
Ionia Hotel Skopelos
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Skopelos
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Excellent hotel.Very friendly staff and excellent room cleaning. The breakfast with a wide choice of food.The hotel has a swimming pool very clean and open from 9 am to 19 pm.
Very good the location, near there are many restaurant.The city center is a 5 minute walk.

2  Thank pina c

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for a fortnight - and were reluctant to leave this beautiful island and wonderful hotel! What marks this hotel out from so many others is its wonderful, friendly staff who take a genuine interest in your visit. In particular Janis (whose paintings feature around the hotel & town) & Ildi were 2 of the nicest people we met and take real pride in their jobs. They were a lesson in exemplary customer service & hospitality. The hotel itself is in a great location less than 5 minutes stroll from the harbour front. The pool was fantastic - and rarely busy. Equally the pool area was fantastic - plenty of sunbeds and beautifully tended plants/vines offered welcome shade. This really was an oasis on some scorching days. The room we stayed in was perfectly adequate for the price we paid. Comfy bed, air-conditioning, TV and the whole room was spotlessly clean. We were lucky to have a great balcony with view over the ocean and pool. The breakfast was delicious: bread, jams, biscuits, cake, cheese, ham, plenty of fresh fruit, youghurt & local honey.

The pool bar was lovely - not a great selection of lunchtime snacks but great range of drinks. There is a small shop 2 minutes from the hotel (run by another wonderfully friendly lady with an ever-present smile!) to get basic provisions.

We've travelled to maky Greek Islands but this was definitely our favourite. Skopelos is simply stunning - make time to explore the back-streets with their beautiful flowers and tiny chapels. We'd reccommend hiring a car if you want to see the whole island (although there is a regular bus route that takes in many of the main beaches). The beaches are stunning. Clean, clear water, uncrowded. Favourites included Agnondas, Limnonari, Perivolo and Milia. The small beach at the Ionassis (Mama Mia) Chapel is also worth a visit - but you'd need a car or boat to get there. We didn't have a single poor meal in Skopelos. One of our favourite restaurants was at Adonis - Greek music every night played by a fabulous duo on guitar & lute - and great value food. Moussaka, stuffed zuchini flowers, tope, Greek salads, aubergine salad were particular faves!

You'd be hard-pushed to find a better holiday in the Greek Islands. Going for something pricey would compromise the wonderful friendly, homely atmosphere you experience at the Ionia. No we don't work for the hotel - we just had a brilliant holiday there & want to tell you about it!!

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies but ask for one with a pool view!
9  Thank SECRETPERSON
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed three nights at this hotel centrally located in the town of Skopelos. Was a bit hard to find at first, but the streets are all narrow and similar there. Spacious room, but a bit outdated. Especially the bathroom with moldy shower curtain. Nice balcony. The bed was the biggest drawback, where you could feel the springs. Breakfast was served inside, but only for one and a half hour and it got crowded the last half hour and people had to sit in the lobby. The selection was ok for Greek standards, but nothing out of the ordinary. A big plus for the great service provided by the ever friendly and smiling receptionists. Good wifi coverage, but only in public areas.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Tyler S
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family and I (incs two teenagers), came back from here a week ago and I am already missing it. Skopelos is a lovely Island, people friendly, boat trips great, food & resturants fab, check out Gianos, you will receive a lovely warm welcome and great food. The Hotel was really lovely, clean well kept rooms, although a little dated. However, staff fabulous always keeping the hotel immaculate. Breakfast with fresh fruit, toast, cereal, greek yoghurt with greek honey, fresh bread, cheese and Ham, boiled eggs, biscuits and cakes, a good choice for all in our family. We found that we had the Pool area mostly to ourselves which was great, no fighting over sunbed, great shade if needed, which is was, as weather was very very hot. Would recommend a visit to the bar at the pool for a freshly made Mojito, although it was 6 Euro, it was worth it, they don't measure out the alcohol so it packs a puch. I never like to go back to visit the same place on holidays, but I can honestly say, I would go back again.

Room Tip: Although we had ground floor rooms, we couldn't hear too much noise from above or rooms either s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tania H
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Booked this hotel knowing it was a 2 star so didn't expect too much. Although the rooms were a little tired, they were kept spotlessly clean each day. .The towels and bedding were changed every other day.
The lovely, friendly staff kept the communal areas to a very high presentation, the pool area was lovely with plenty of loungers and chairs.

Breakfast consisted of the most delicious fresh fruits, honey and yoghurt and plenty of tea and coffee.

The pool bar was very expensive so we gave this a miss and bought our beers from the local shop at a fraction of the price!

Would we go back. Absolutely!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have addition communal terraces with views of the harbour, mountains or sea.
3  Thank Travelaholic5
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks in the island of Skopelos. When I arrived at the Ionia my wife and I were met by a very friendly and cheerful manager, Alexandra. The rooms are situated on 3 levels throughout and as there are no lifts it can be difficult for less able people. Assistance is available if needed. My room was adequate having a double and single bed. Air conditioning is available at no extra cost. There is a small bathroom. The room is also equiped with a fridge and tv. The pool area is clean with a variety of sun loungers and chairs. It is overlooked by a pool bar. The hotel is located near to the harbour and on an incline which may not be suitable for persons with severe walking problems. I took a walking pole with me which was a great help. Breakfasts were repetative but there was a good variety of fresh fruit and other breakfast items available. The staff were brilliant throughout the hotel. They were helpful and always cheery. The hotel was kept very clean at all times. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis. Free wi-fi access is available in the lounge area. I hope to return here next year. Visitors an expect an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neilgilbert
Reviewed July 21, 2012

What can I say. Everything was perfect. I've seen some complaints on here about the beds not being comfortable but mine was fine. Yes it was not as soft as mine at home but at the end of the day I slept perfectly fine and you're on holiday remember not looking to move in! Room was fab - lovely balcony with views of the town and a table and two chairs which were perfect for putting my feet up on to listen to the crickets singing and read my book after getting in from a night of cocktails. While I'm on the subject make sure you visit cafe bar Thalassa. The cocktails were the best priced in town at 6 euros a time and it is run by a mother and her daughter Aphroditi. Head along the sea front to the end of the port in the opposite direction to the taxi rank and where the ferry drops you off and then climb the flight of steps to the top. The views are breathtaking and the service perfect. I've never been made to feel so welcome and the drinks were divine. Say you read a review written by 'Welsh Owen' and Aphroditi will be able to share the Welsh phrase I taught her which is 'Croeso' - welcome. The staff at the hotel were so so helpful - they helped me organise a trip to see the Mamma Mia arch by taxi and made the calls for me to check prices and times etc. They even went out of their way to arrange for the cleaner to change my towels after I'd been in the shower when she wanted to get into my room (like I said the cocktails were good...!) :P pool was spotless as was the poolside and the plants along the pool side were stunning particularly the seating area under the grape vine which was perfect to shelter from the blazing sun. Hotel is perfect location for walking into town and yes it is up a bit of a hill but embrace the culture and character of the town and don't moan about how diffucult it is to ferry your suitcase along. The winding streets were a feast for the eyes as were the little shops along the way. Book this hotel and you will not be disappointed. I will be going back to the same place next year!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends