Ionia Hotel Skopelos
Rigas Hotel(Skopelos Town)
$61
  • Breakfast included
Thea Home Hotel(Skopelos Town)(Great Value!)
$32
Hotel Dionyssos(Skopelos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspool areahamevery other dayharbour frontcobbled streetsbars and restaurantssmall barcentral locationyogurthidden dooran enjoyable stayair conbit boringgood sizesafety deposit boxsmall hotelwalking difficulties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2012

What can I say. Everything was perfect. I've seen some complaints on here about the beds not being comfortable but mine was fine. Yes it was not as soft as mine at home but at the end of the day I slept perfectly fine and you're on holiday remember not looking to move in! Room was fab - lovely balcony with views of the town and a table and two chairs which were perfect for putting my feet up on to listen to the crickets singing and read my book after getting in from a night of cocktails. While I'm on the subject make sure you visit cafe bar Thalassa. The cocktails were the best priced in town at 6 euros a time and it is run by a mother and her daughter Aphroditi. Head along the sea front to the end of the port in the opposite direction to the taxi rank and where the ferry drops you off and then climb the flight of steps to the top. The views are breathtaking and the service perfect. I've never been made to feel so welcome and the drinks were divine. Say you read a review written by 'Welsh Owen' and Aphroditi will be able to share the Welsh phrase I taught her which is 'Croeso' - welcome. The staff at the hotel were so so helpful - they helped me organise a trip to see the Mamma Mia arch by taxi and made the calls for me to check prices and times etc. They even went out of their way to arrange for the cleaner to change my towels after I'd been in the shower when she wanted to get into my room (like I said the cocktails were good...!) :P pool was spotless as was the poolside and the plants along the pool side were stunning particularly the seating area under the grape vine which was perfect to shelter from the blazing sun. Hotel is perfect location for walking into town and yes it is up a bit of a hill but embrace the culture and character of the town and don't moan about how diffucult it is to ferry your suitcase along. The winding streets were a feast for the eyes as were the little shops along the way. Book this hotel and you will not be disappointed. I will be going back to the same place next year!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Owen D
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We received the usual warm welcome from the staff. They are friendly and very helpful, and we had a relaxing and comfortable stay. The hotel is ideally situated for walking down to the harbour for supper in a taverna or exploring the interesting old streets of Skopelos.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Juliet C
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Convenient location, nice view and a good buffet breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel T
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We ended our staff in Skopelos at the Ionia. Rooms are standard Skopelos twin beds etc. Bathroom a little larger then others. Room right on the pool with nice patio. Staff very very accommadating. Very nice price. Great location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jim M
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I think my wife summed The Ionia up perfectly. "It's just like being in someone's home".
We went in May 2010 for the first time to The Ionia, we returned last month. Just the same, the welcoming staff, the quiet pool area and the brilliant bar.
Breakfast is fine for us, ham, cheese, boiled eggs, bread, wonderful, wonderful Greek yoghurt with Skopelos honey, plenty of fresh fruit, biscuits and cake. I know it's not everyone's idea of a fine breakfast, but if you want a full English, stay in England! Or go to Benidorm!
Moving on to the room's. Last year the bed seemed too soft with a rock hard pillow, this year it seemed the opposite, which was good.
The pool was very quiet both this year and last, which is great. The pool bar is great, beer served by the wonderful, Ildi. I doubt you will find a nicer person in the whole of Skopelos.

Eating out is great. Perivoli, which is just up from Platanos Square, is an amazing place to eat. Platanos Square itself is a good place to go for your gyros pitta, which you have to do, at least once. Alexander and Codi are also great places to eat and down on the port front, well you have a fine choice. If you can find Anna's up various back streets, you will enjoy good food in a lovely setting.

Further afield, Agnanti in Glossa has the best view on the whole island, with food to die for.
Lunch on Panormos beach is heavenly.

I recommend The Ionia and the island of Skopelos, even if we did miss the ferry on our arrival. Very Shirley Valentine type journey to Agnodas instead of the port.

Great holiday, great Island, great hotel. GREAT!!!

Room Tip: third floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple