“Good but not exactly what expected”

Perigiali Hotel - Studios
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Skyros
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A nice hotel but not exactly what we expected according to the photos in the internet. There was a little difficult access from the road. There was no real parking space. You have to walk with luggage several steps and a walking path to reach the hotel. Our room had a balcony but no sea view. The rooms were clean and spacy and there is a kitchen available. Hotel has a small but nice swimming pool. Breakfast had few choices. Hotel staff was friendly and always available for our needs. Price was normal for the visiting period. As a bottom line, although I believe there were better choices, I would visit again this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dimitris57_12

Reviewed June 23, 2013

On first view of this hotel I was stunned at how beautiful the entrance (1 of 2) with a view of the pool, it had. Everything appeared freshly painted with beautiful gardens planted with fragrant plants eg rosemary, lavender, oregano, mint! The hotel is situated about 5- 10 mins max from access to the beach and although not on the sea front its situation means it has a nice quiet setting. My room was very pretty with Greek traditional style of decor. I had a balcony with a table and 2 chairs and a lovely view over some houses at the sea. I liked the thoughtful touch of a discrete washing line outside but near the door to the room for wet eg swim wear. There was a big bottle of mineral water cooling in the room's fridge, another nice touch! I registered on arrival around 09:30 hrs and despite this being well before the time stated for checking in, I was immediately shown to my room to find my heavy suitcase was already in my room, excellent service! The owners could not have been more helpful and it was great having drinks served whilst relaxing around the beautiful pool. Everything was very clean. I only stayed there for 2 nights but would loved to have stayed on and would go back without hesitation. I got a very good rate for my room through Booking.com and originally had booked for just 1 night but shortly before my stay there I needed to extend my stay by another night. This was all done without any problems. I did not have breakfast there or anything to eat but the dining area looked very pretty and most guests appeared to breakfast there. I liked the fact that lots of Greeks were holidaying there too! I didn't have a car so cannot comment on access with a car. I thought the walking to the hotel takes you around the back of an interesting part of Magazia.

Room Tip: I requested a room that was quiet with a view. This I got as my room was away from the pool and I co...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bobomuse
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have decided to visit Skyros with my husband and my 2 years old son, in August. Unfortunately the hotel Ammos was booked for the dates we wanted so I spoke with Perigialli hotel. I called 2 times and I asked for family room in the new part of the hotel I was given the price 120E per day. When I decided to ask for some details in written I was surprised to see that the price changed to 220E per night for the family room in the new part of the hotel. Very unprofesional, misleading and totaly overpriced. I am glad I haven't booked there!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank kiks_7
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The room was really clean (every day the cleaning lady was coming and she was doing amazing job) and really comfortable. We stayed for 6 days in studio and it was really quiet and relaxing place. The owners are really friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is really clean and nice. The sea is just 2 min away.The internet is really fast (10Mbps download per user). We had also kitchenette but we did not use it and bathroom was quite big. The breakfast was ordinary (nothing special). We will visit this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MagicaM
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at Perigiali as part of a party of 7 and we used it as a base for 'birding watching' and cultural visits over 7 days on the wonderful island of Skyros.

The hotel is VERY clean, very well furnished, and the welcome is exceedingly pleasant. The 'buffet' breakfast is comprehensive and very high quality.

We wouldn't hesitate choosing Perigiali again.

If there is anything at all that could be slightly 'off-putting' for some it is the indirect access from the main road down/up a rather steep series of steps. There are other routes for access but there is no direct vehicular access unless you have a very narrow and short vehicle. The fact that hotel staff assisted with carrying our luggage up and down the steps offset any problem for us - and the exercise of walking up the steps in the morning was quite invigorating!

Skyros is not an island of world tourist high rise 'pleasures' - it is a place of immense charm, very friendly inhabitants and a pace that should relax anyone - unless you take offence at occasional smoking in public places! Hotel Perigiali is a perfect fit for the island.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BamboosNorthShields
Reviewed August 24, 2012

the hotel is not bad, nice rooms, a small pool (the site is completely misleading). breakfast with only the basic. very difficult to enter to the hotel. the parking area far away. but all these for 110 eur / night for a double room in an island not so touristic is too much..
we also had a cockroach in our balcony.
the older part of the hotel - the studios - the rooms are very small and "old".
the bed and pillow veryyy hard, we woke up every morning with backache..

Room Tip: choose the new part of the hotel. not for disabled persons.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank katerinagian
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay at tue studios,which are nice ,clean, the beds are a bit uncomfortable but the rest is fine!!the pool is nel,very clean, very modern, and really enjoyed it!!!the reception and breakfast area is also very nice and the whole experience was beautiful!!!the views from the rooms is also amazing!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends