All reviews spatchcock chicken captain dounia water taxi year after year next year achladies bay ironing board bus stop other guests nothing is too much trouble electric gates air con self catering wonderful hosts home from home old friends perfect holiday
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Our first time at the Apollon we returned Friday 21st with our friends who had never been on the Island before. Excellent location beautiful view of the bay. The Captain and Dounia are excellent hosts. The Captain makes a lovely Spatchcock chicken and Dounias beef stiffado melts in the mouth. Very well run establishment with lots of boomerangers. The staff are very friendly and hard work. I have no doubt that we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bindy66
Reviewed September 21, 2018

An amazing location looking over Achladies Beach. Lovely rooms, bar, pool and food area. The Captains spatchcock chicken is so good as other reviews say, but Dounia does a gorgeous beef stifado as well. They are a great couple and run a well organised ship, their staff work hard and are very friendly. I can see why people keep returning here, it really is so lovely and relaxing there.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view, some have a pool view as well. There is a road nearby but the noise was a problem just the first night.
Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joyce W
Reviewed September 20, 2018

The only bad experience I have had with the villa Apollon is the moment I had to walk out for the last time this year!. I have had a great time, the hosts are exceptionally helpful, the food was good value cooked by the captain and his second mate Dounia. Rooms are cleaned every day and the staff are the best. I cannot fault this place this is the third time we have been and it gets better each time. Well done Dounia and the Captain !.

Bill B.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bill b
Reviewed September 8, 2018

5 stars
Well what can I say food fantastic, hosts fantastic, location fantasic, view amazing, beach close by, pool if you prefer. Water Taxis easy accessible from Achaldies Beach, 10 mins sea ride, our favourite part of going to Skiathos town. Although they don't run in rough weather, try ya luck on the bus ( Always crammed in or a taxi only 19 on the island) so it was Water Taxi or chill out at Villa Apollon for some fabby food and wine.

Friendly atmosphere due to the smallness. Loved the simplicity of it all.
Food: Spatchcock Chicken a definite winner, Steak Amazing, (Brontosaurus) Pork Chop Amazing. Sauces, Drinks and Desserts by Dounia refreshing and Tasty, as a matter of fact pick anything from the menu and I’m sure you wouldn’t be disappointed
Compliments to Captain and Dounia for making our holiday with my family very special, Yasas 2019 all being well.

The Batchelor’s/ Blyth/ Green

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Allen B
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

After getting married on 11th August with no honeymoon booked we took a visit to the travel agent, we flew 2 days later for a 3 night minimoon. On arrival we were greeted by Dounnia with a big warm friendly smile. Our studio was perfect, amazing sea views and free air con which was very much appreciated. The whole Villa complex is spotlessly clean, room serviced everyday and the other guests were very welcoming too, we enjoyed Captain’s Lamb Kleftica (probably spelt it wrong) on our first evening and oh my goodness it was amazing, the food served at the pool area is second to none.
We didn’t get chance to explore the island but Skiathos town is absolutely beautiful, the water taxi down on the beach is 3 euros each and departs at approx every half hour. The walk to the beach is around 10 mins downhill, I wouldn’t recommend staying here if your not fit as the steps and the hill is a bit of a challenge!!!!
Our only regret is that we couldn’t stay longer and explore this beautiful place so we will 100% return. Thank you Captain and Dounnia, you are amazing hosts xx

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple