Trying to get away from family, we arrived in Skiathos with no room reservations and after an afternoon of searching, we tried our luck at Cape Kanapitsa and the result was quite positive. We had a misstep looking at the first two rooms we were showed, but after politely inquiring with reception as to any other offerings, we were shown a deluxe room, complete with a balcony and stellar view overlooking the sea and the beach. Quiet, low key and very relaxing!
The room was extremely large, modern and comfortable by Greek standards. For me, bathroom is a big thing. We had double sinks, a separate shower (yes, a shower), a jacuzzi tub (albeit non-working, but I got over it), and a separate commode area. Large and comfy bed, small loveseat/sitting area, A/C fully functional for the warm weather we experienced. Clean...it was clean!
Now, I will say, while there were some negative comments on the breakfast, we found the breakfast buffet to be a very decent effort by the hotel, again, by Greek standards. This isn't Kansas and they do things differently in Europe and Greece. Plenty of juice (the "tang" version), coffees, teas, fruits, breads, cereals, typical continental offerings and an attempt at American style eggs and bacon. All in all, if you went away hungry, you had the issue. Nothing like sitting poolside, overlooking the Aegean, having your coffee and coissant...the view was to die for and we enjoyed it immensely!
We found the hotel/bar/pool/breakfast staff to be very attentive and friendly (it does help that my husband speaks Greek) when we interacted. I think the hotel genuinely tries to make the guest experience a pleasant one.
We only had a few days away from the family, so this was a quiet and very pleasant retreat. All in all, we left feeling like we could've stayed longer. We would go back without any hesitation and at $115 Euros a night, this was a bargain!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire waters, emerald pine trees and topaz blue skies surround Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa of Skiathos. Placed on a private peninsula of 8-acre property overlooking the Aegean and the magnificent Bay of Kanapitsa, Hotel-Suites Cape Kanapitsa occupies what is undoubtedly one of the best positions on the island. Built high on a headland between two wide bays in the grounds of the pretty Hotel Suites Cape Kanapitsa, they are set in abundant semi-tropical gardens with an attractive seawater swimming pool and bar overlooking the Aegean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cape Kanapitsa Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Skiathos
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel And Suites
- Cape Kanapitsa Hotel Apartments