Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa
$154
$113
Paradise Hotel(Katsarou)(Great Value!)
$109
Skiathos Princess Hotel(Agia Paraskevi)
$306
$130
$106
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Australia(Skiathos Town)(Great Value!)
$38
$36
Vassilias Beach Hotel(Skiathos)(Great Value!)
$75
$56
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswater taxipool barbus stopskiathos townnostos beachsister hotelair congreat holidaysea viewminute walk from the hotelfresh fruitspacious roomhotel is in a great locationclub sandwichour favouritetwo weeksthe hotel manager
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have booked this hotel for 4 nights since April we arrived the 21st of July and we left the following day for the following reasons:
1.5 days before the arrival i called to inform that there were going to be 4 instead of 3 persons .the manager informed me that i will loose my deposit on the grounds of no show.!!!!!after a long conversation and since, thank god, i had sent them an email beforehand asking them what happens in case of change of days or persons, they agreed that i will not loose my deposit since i will show 3 instead of 4 persons!!!!
2. upon our arrival to the hotel i asked for an extra towel. they offended me by telling that we can not give you one because many people are taking them to the beach. I invited them to the room to show them that i have brought my own towels for the beach and the end of the story is that they never gave me an extra towel!!!!
I have been traveling for many years in Greece and abroad i have never been to a worst run hotel in my entire life and I am 49 years old!!!!!!
Furthermore the hotel is poorly maintained with a swimming pool that I would not dare to get in.
Breakfast is below average .
Safety as far safe boxes, fire exits and fire extinguishers is a joke.
The owner is rude and God forbid if you have to leave earlier. You will get charged with the whole amount. Greek hospitality is an unknown word....
Needless to say that we had to pay a full stay of 4 days eventhough we moved to another hotel for the rest of our stay in Skiathos.
If you have a choice, and there is a wide variety in Skiathos ,avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank hdaAthens
skiathosjsi, Manager at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

On behalf of the hotel management I would like to take the opportunity to respond to this guest's remarks in order for all to have a clear view about our hotel.
We at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa strive to offer high quality vacation services to all guests, and our success is proven by the more than 30 yrs that our company has been in business. It always makes us sad to see a guest leaving our hotel or not being happy and we try to take the "extra mile" in order to keep a guest from leaving unhappy.
In regards to this unhappy guest's feelings, we need to have all the facts cleared; the guest states in the first part that they called to say that they would be a party of 4 instead of 3, and we advised them that they would loose their deposit. If this were a reality it would be a business crazy reaction from our side, not to want more guests-business in our hotel. Following this statement, the guest claims that I (the manager) told them that they would forfeit their deposit, which is inaccurate, as I only talked with the guest the day she decided to leave. The actual facts are that the guest advised us that they would need a new rooming arrangement, and the reservations supervisor informed the guests that if they decided not to show (guests seemed undecided) that the deposit would be forfeit (as the travel law stipulates; in addition the cancellation policy was stated in the reservation form that the guests had received and signed). As I mentioned earlier, it would be business madness for us not to want guests in our hotel because there is a change in the number of occupants of the rooms.
In regards now to the issue mentioned about the towels, the hotel offers daily towel and linen changes in order to allow for guests to have relaxing holidays; in addition there is a policy in place to discourage guests from taking hotel towels to the beach, to avoid reducing the quality of the linen-towels that are provided to the guests (towels that are taken to the beach become unfit for use in the hotel rooms). Keep in mind that the guest asked for "towels", not "a towel", and as I mentioned earlier, were informed that the towels were changed daily, so they should not worry for their in-room needs.
A really sad thing though is when an unhappy guest carries on, in making general inaccurate remarks about safety, etc. We at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa sympathize with an unhappy guest about problems in their stay, but wonder deeply about the reasoning behind such comments as a "poorly maintained pool", "safety is a joke"???? One is bound to assume that in order to make such statements, this person is a specialist on all of the above areas....
In any event, as far as myself (the manager) being rude, I met this guest when she had already packed, loaded their SUV and was ready to leave; she complained to me and stated her intention to leave, knowing that she had to pay for their stay. On behalf of the hotel, I was never given even a chance to respond and understand what the problem was. Was I given a chance to understand what the real issue was ( after many years of doing this job, one does not leave their accommodation that they have booked in April because of a "towel incident), I would have been more than glad to offer a room change that would satisfy their needs.
Anyhow, once again I would like to stress the fact that the staff of the hotel, is there to serve the needs of the guests and help them have a great vacation experience. Its a really sad fact to experience having a guest leaving the hotel for their own reasons, without offering the staff the opportunity to understand the problem(s), and then going online and making inaccurate remarks about the property as well as the staff that is there to help at all times.
Being in the travel business for more than 30 yrs, with many happy guests as well as numerous repeat visitors, is the most credible reason to come to Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa for a relaxing and memorable vacation.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

lesa and my self [dennis] stayed in the kanapitsa mare from 1st july to 15th. the hotel was fantastic and very clean.the staff [from the reception to the cleaners to the bar manager ditty] was very helpfull and very pleasent .its in a great location only a stroll of 5mins to the beach;and a very relaxing and quite beach;.skiathos town 15mins away in a very pleasent boat journey or u can take the bus [only yards away from hotel ] boat 3euro/ bus 3euro if u can get on # .jonhnnys his amust for a meal or a drink lovely family [and watch johnny drink whiskey,a bottel and still standing and working and danceing with his wife].kanapitsa taverna a 10 min walk his a must ; right on the beach very romantic.if you are going to skiathos check the hotel out and stay at the kanapitsa mare ps ditty and staff and the owner thank you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
skiathosjsi, Manager at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Dennis and Lesa
On behalf of the hotel management we would like to thank you for your kind remarks and look forward to welcoming you once again back in our hotel, for another great vacation.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Best rooms on the 2nd floor, with sea view! Refurnished, clean and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DimAthens
skiathosjsi, Manager at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

On behalf of Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa management, we are always glad to see guests that have stayed with us and have had a great vacation.
I would like to thank DimAthens for choosing our hotel and hope to have again the pleasure of welcoming them in the future for another relaxing vacation in our hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

The hotel is in a good location, very clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful in particular the girls on reception and Detti the pool bar man. The pool looks very new and is a good size.
We stayed in a Deluxe room which was a good size with a balcony overlooking the bay which was a fantastic view. The bathroom was OK but tended to get extremely hot due to the lack of any extraction. The room was cleaned well each day and it had a fridge which was very welcome to store water etc. There was a clothes rack on the balcony to dry wet swimwear and towels. Make sure you bring your own beach towels as they are not provided by the hotel. In addition bring plenty of sun cream as the cost on the island is VERY expensive. An average price is around £15 a bottle.
There is a taverna close by called Jonny's which was very convenient, friendly, good food and excellent service. The beach taverna was OK for lunches but not so good for an evening meal.

Some things in the hotel that could be improved are the following:
It would have been an expectation in a deluxe room that the shower head was attached to the wall rather than having to be hand held.
The bed had a very thick matress protector which made sleeping uncomfortable due to the heat.
The air conditioning unit was controlled by the room key unit, so it only came on when you entered the room. The coldness of the air coming from the unit was not sufficient to cool the room in an acceptable time, this took over 2 hours and when you're trying to sleep this was not good.
The hotel lost out on my custom at the bar due to the very high cost of the beer at 5.5 Euros per half litre when everywhere else it was at least 2 Euros cheaper.
The hotel had some awnings around the pool but they did not seem to provide much shade, some umbrellas around the pool and bar area would be welcome.
Everyone else has mentioned the breakfast so I won't bother.

On the beach nearby the cost of two sunbeds and a shade was 8 Euros per day, the beach was quiet and well looked after by the attendant. On the beach is a taverna where lunch and drinks can be bought. This is where after a long hard day on the beach I had settled for a very welcome beer at 3.5 Euros.

The hotel is located at bus stop 12 of 26. The beach is less than 5 minutes walk as is the bus stop or the water taxi from the beach. The cost of the water taxi is 3 Euros per person one way, the bus is 1.60 Euros per person one way.
Please note that as the hotel is located at a bus stop almost half way between Skiathos Town and the final bus stop getting into town at peak times can be a challenge. If you're trying to get into town between 1730 and 2030 unless you are prepared to be crammed onto a hot sticky bus at best as most pass by completely full then you have to travel by taxi as we did most nights. This will cost between 5 and 10 Euros depending if you can get someone to share with you. The same can be said of the bus trip back in the evening, after 2230 it's a bun fight.

Having said the above overall we had a very relaxing holiday, enjoyed ourselves very much and would recommend Skiathos and the Kanapitsa Mare as a good place to holiday.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms at the front of the hotel had the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingsince1970
skiathosjsi, Manager at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your summer vacation in Skiathos. It was a pleasure having you with us and we are glad you had a good time.
We at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa strive for the continuous improvement of our provided services and thank you for your possible improvement suggestions, which are taken very seriously.
Once again thank you for spending your summer holidays with us and we look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

The Kanapitsa Mare Hotel offered us everything we needed for our first holiday abroad as a family. The staff were very welcoming & helpful, the cleanliness was 10/10 and the hotel's location is exceptional. The chilled out local beach is a 5 minute lazy stroll away & offers water sports & a local boat taxi service into town.

We were very nervous about travelling with a 1 year old for the first time but we had no need to worry. The travel cot and lining our son was provided with was perfect & that’s a massive compliment as I have to admit I’m an extremely fussy mummy when it come to our son. A high chair was provided for him at breakfast time & the staff made a fuss of him, he was in his element.

The swimming pool has an amazing view overlooking the beach & was the perfect location for my mums wedding. The wedding went without a hitch & we cannot thank Panos & his team enough for making it such a special occasion.

The pool itself was always clean. My only complaint was that the child’s swimming pool was a little deep for a 1 year old but he will definitely be tall enough when we return next year. I’m counting down the days already.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
skiathosjsi, Manager at Kanapitsa Mare Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Dear Lawrence2011,
It was great meeting the whole wedding party this past June and we are also very happy that the wedding rolled out smoothly, with the bride and groom being very happy.
I have to say that your son was the sweetest child!
We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.