“We'll be back”
Review of Oasis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skiathos
Oasis
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Skiathos
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“We'll be back”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was our second time in Skiathos, yes I caught the bug last year. Having spent a small fortune last year getting from Troulos (lovely but quiet) to Skiathos town by bus or taxi, this year I opted to stay in town.
I booked 2 weeks at the Oasis for my family including two teenage boys. I was a bit dubious about staying in a hotel off the the airport road but need not to have worried. This really was an Oasis in town, a fantastic hotel with a lovely homely atmosphere. The gardens are peaceful with plenty of places to sit and relax, your choice a sunbed or a hammock.
Mike and his family are wonderful hosts and all the staff are so friendly. They must all be doing something right as regulars return year after year, fingers crossed this will be us again next year. My older son has already asked for a job there next summer.
Everything about this hotel was spot on, the service, the meals, the entertainment, the cocktails. My boys loved Barbie the dog taking them for a walk, I think it was meant to be the other way around guys. The best holiday they have had, their own words.
Thank Mike and hope to see you all again next year x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Mandicraft

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very nice hotel and the welcome was very good after a 4hr flight , the bar area is very clean but the price of a beer was a little expensive at 3.50 euros , you could get a beer cheaper in the harbour , the rooms were very clean and they were cleaned on a dailey basis. The hotel is very near the harbour and only a very short walk away , the evening entertainment was ok if you needed to stay near the hotel. One thing which we did not like was the two large dogs that would just run around the pool area at times during the day ,for this reason we would not go back to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Deepcargreeks55
mikeskiathos, Owner at Oasis, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
hi
thank you for taking the effort to write us a review.
thank you also for the praises.
actually i was not surprised that we got a "bad" review, it even helps, as i feel that if i want to be honest, we are only a small self catering unit, and that there are many 4-5 star hotels around in skiathos that deserve to be up in the list, more than us......
what makes oasis a special place, i think is its style, or as many of our guests said:
it has character!
part of this character is our pets, Flash ,Bella and Barby
they become our guests pets, often one sees one walking with them along the waterfront.........
our dogs are very well behaved, they had training, and never have caused problems, they are best behaved around babies!
i wish our guests could manage to leave their phobias back home , but i know that this can not be done, so i want to thank you for bringing this problem out as i understand that others like you with a similar phobia are now warned, to have a decent time, problem free, while on vacation is our mission...........
last year one of our visitors ( they did not write a review) made a complain to me regarding this issue , so i had my dogs restrained in a compound for 2 weeks, Ivan , our bartender had a tiny dog called Roxy, ( both of them not with us this year) Roxy never troubled anyone, and i thought she would not be a problem , i just could not bring myself to order him to tie her up all the time.
when these particular guests left, they told me that although they thought the hotel was good , they would not ever return for they did not feel comfortable with Roxy being around.
after this i understood the magnitude of this problem, and i am afraid that it is one i can not do lots about...........
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is our first visit to the island of Skiathos . We read many reviews on both the island and the Oasis hotel, beforehand and so glad we booked here. The atmosphere is totally chilled, Mike and his staff are very attentive without being intrusive. We have spoken to many people whilst staying here who have been back year ,after year , so if you read my review and other reviews honestly there's nothing more to say :)

Room Tip: Near to the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank poppy123085
romford
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Not your usual run of the mill hotel..You are actually staying in someone's extended home...Mike has created a very rustic place for his guests.At any one time you are likely to come across horses..chickens...his dogs, he has birds in cages fish in tanks plus a pond with koi carp.It all revolves around a bar inside or out which doubles up as a reception too.
A decent swimming pool with ample amount of sunbeds sets the scene for the day. around the grounds is an array of hammocks swing chairs and other seating areas for quietness. On the complex he has table tennis,volleyball a pool table a library room with Pc's and good wi-fi reception all round.
In the evenings Mike has entertainment ranging from Karaoke,Live Music,A quiz Night and also a film night...So plenty going on plus happy hour on a few evenings usually all starting from 10.00 p.m. Onwards...So plenty of time to go to the many Tavernas in the resort.
Mike's team are very nice..Elis,Valentina,Nikos & Vangel are very accommodating.Thanks...
Most of the staff actually live on site during the season in what can only be described as a caravan site...Told you it's not your usual place to stay.
Rooms vary in size but seem well maintained and are scattered around the grounds.
Mike is very quirky about his property and seems to have a lot of do's & Don'ts....but it seems to work for him.
Mike is ver popular with many people returning year in and year out...He is not averse to spending the day with guests wether it be on his boat or just going to a local taverna.
All in all,although we did not spend a lot of time around the hotel we enjoyed staying there and it is very hard not to recommend.
I would like to say a word for Lynhari Taverna....If there is a better one on the island....I would be very surprised.
Thanks Mike.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank littlearches
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Oasis had been highly recommended to me by a work mate who has stayed here 6 times and I can certainly say that we will be back year after year after year! Having been back home just short of 2 weeks me and my fiancée (we got engaged out there!) are already planning to return next year. We also plan to get wed on the island....watch this space! Mike and his family and staff were fantastic from start to finish. The Oasis has a real homely feel to it and you can completely relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and chilled out atmosphere. Having spoken to other guests, the beaches on the island are well worth a visit which we plan to do when we return, but this time the Oasis pool and gardens were just what we needed for a week of sheer relaxation. We tended to have daytime snacks (toasties, gorgeous homemade chips and greek salad to die for) in the welcome shade of the lovely pool bar area with a few chilled mythos beers for good measure! In the evening we loved the leisurely walk into Skiathos Town and the fantastic choice of tavernas where we had some wonderful meals (Marias and Lyhnari were beautiful). Afterwards we'd head to the Old Port House for a few drinks before heading back to catch the Oasis entertainment or regular happy hour and catch up with friends! All in all a perfect holiday! Thanks to Mike and his crew for everything and the other guests (friends now) for making our holiday even more special!

Jay (Jason) and Rachel
Villa 2 Fri 6 Sep 2013 - Fri 13 Sep 2013

Room Tip: We had one of the Villas which was really spacious and spotless clean and in a quiet spot with hammo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rach7777
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wow......what more can I say???? If you are thinking about booking in at The Oasis, think no more....just book it. My family (13 of us) and I have just returned after a 2 week stay with Mike and his wonderful familly. Nothing is too much trouble for Mike an his staff. My partner Carl and I got married whilst we were there and as the previous review states, Mike provided us with a service above and beyond. Not only did he take me (the bride) to the Bourtzi in his car, which was beautifully decorated with flowers, but he also took our wedding pictures, and gave me a disc with all the pictures on. He also gave Carl and I use of his villa for a few nights,, which was fantastic and absolutely gorgeous inside, Did I mention the champagne???? Well, Mike also provided the wedding party with champagne when we got back to the hotel!!! I must also mention the magnificient boat trips that Mike took me and my family on, we went to amazing places that we wouldn't have otherwise seen, I never, ever thought I would try sea fishing!!! Then to have the fish we caught cooked at a taverna for lunch.......it was definately an awesome day!......... ......as I have said, WOW! Mike restores faith in humanity, he the kindest man we have ever had the good fortune to meet. A massive thank you to Mike and his lovely family and staff. Oh, and by the way, I really should mention that the The Oasis, is spotless, the food is excellent (especially the curry), the bar staff are kind and funny, and we all miss them dearly. the facilities and entertainment are also first class. Needless to say, we shall definately be back next year. Beautiful island, beautiful people. Carl and I have very special memories of our wonderful wedding and holiday thanks to these fabulous people.

Room Tip: Various rooms available to suit most families. We were in Block U. Very quiet location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Net023
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was mine and my husbands 1st trip to Skiathos and was a bit dubious as everyone i had spoken to who had been to skiathos before had been back 5,6,10,25! times before so i thought it was too good to be true - but we were definately not disappointed. We had stayed on greek islands before, Zante, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes & Corfu but this was the Greekest we have ever been to - no Chinese/Indian Restaurants and the only 3 english bars didnt do food so you didn see any advertising for Sunday Roast!
Everyone was friendly and everywhere you went (a little of the main drag) in the residential part in their back gardens where mini farm yards - chickens sheep horses beautiful lemon, lime and pommegranete trees.
As for the Oasis again i thought it was too good to be true with all the reviews but friends had recommended staying at the oasis as they had stayed there 4 times previously and again we were not dissapointed.
Mike, family and all the staff was really friendly and couldnt do enough for you,, idilic surroundings which made you feel really chilled.
I wont go on and repeat what everyone else has said but it is ALL TRUE- whilst we were there a lovely couple got married and Mike couldnt do enough for them he put ribbons and flowers on his car and took them to where they where getting married and even lent them a villa for 2 nights before and after the wedding, he took pics .........I am sure they will put a review on tripadvisor and tell you all about it.
We ate at some lovely restaurants, windmill, lynairi and too many to remember and Bobs Bar, Post House and the hippy bar are all good to go and have a friendly chat Dinos is also good.
The only thing that we were dissapointed was that we booked a boat trip on the Glass Bottome Boat as it is a lovely boat and it only seats about 34 people so we chose to go on that it was 25 euros each - dont go on it, it is not worth the money - for a start there is no glass bottom, we stopped at a beach for 2 hrs! and then we should have gone onto the Mamma Mia church in Scoloplos but they gave an excuse that the wind is the wrong way so they took us to a diff part of the island where we stopped for an hour but we walked around it in about 10mins! then another beach by this time only about 6 people got off (as if you are staying nr a beach you are not bothered about getting off as you could have stayed at home and gone on your own beach!) (If the wind was a prob why did all the other boats not follow suit!)
All drink was inclusive wine ouzo soft drinks we were told coffee but when i asked for one they gave me a cold frothy one and told me they didint do hot drinks! no beer unless you paid 3 euros for that - you got a ham and cheese baguette and they came around with fruit.
No information was given out properly as the captain, his wife and one of their daughters didnt speak english and their other daughter spoke in broken english.
After thay negative review we will definately be going back to the Oasis and wish Mike and crew all the very best for 2014 with Cosmos.

Best Wishes Jean & Steve rooms C6

Room Tip: we stayed in c6 2 bed 2 shower rooms ground floor lovely patio
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends