“Great place to stay”
Review of Oasis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skiathos
Oasis
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Skiathos
Reviewed July 14, 2013

WE often go to Oasis to see all of our friends who stay Mike and Eleni the entertainment and
friendliness shown to everyone is second to none.Mike is a great host willing to go the extra few steps to make sure everyone who comes to Oasis has a feeling of being in the family.I would not hesitate to recommend the Oasis to anyone if they ask me for a good place to stay on the island.

4  Thank caseyb804

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Returned last week after a 2 week stay at Oasis. Stayed there with my friend Maggie and had a most enjoyable holiday. The Oasis exceeded our expectations - a most beautiful lush garden setting. The atmosphere is very friendly and we immediately felt at home and very relaxed. Mike and Eleni are so friendly and welcoming - all the staff are great. Not surprised they have so many repeat bookings as this place could not be bettered!
Cant wait to return to fabulous Skiathos and would not dream of staying anywhere else!

3  Thank elaine888
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I can't help but agree with the majority of previous reviews, the Oasis provides all you need for a good self catering apartment, a little more than you normally get with Greece! The provision of microwave, toaster , kettle, washing up liquid, and hairdryer etc. make your life easier. The rooms are basic but ample for your needs. Cleaned daily and towels and sheets changed once in our 7 days stay. As mentioned in previous reviews, the grounds of the oasis are beautiful, well kept and maintained. Mike runs a 'tight ship', and is proud of his apartments and rightly so! The young staff group (some of which are family) work extremely hard to meet the needs of guests. They are polite, courteous friendly and professional, The oasis offers those 'nice' extra touches, such as fruit when you are sitting around the pool on the comfortable beds. Happy hour (buy one get one free) 3 nights a week and entertainment. The position of the apartments was perfect 'a nice stroll into town', with easy access to ferries, water taxis and the buses.We used the buses to have a look around the island a it only cost 2 euro's(From Bus Stop1) to visit bus stop 26 and the lovely beach there! The Local big supermarket, just a few minutes walk away. We visited several restaurants in Skiathos town and never had a poor meal. We ate at the oasis a couple of times, and again, the meals are ample..my husband and I shared a spaghetti Bolognese, which was lovely. We stayed with friends and the lads made good use of the pool table, table tennis table We spent some of our afternoons sitting in the harbour and would recommend the café/bar Mythos the young waiter was attentive and but not pushy, and the Mythos have a happy hour (which lasts 3 hours) and would highly recommend the cocktails 1/2 price so 4.5 euro's
All in all Skiathos is a beautiful island, and I would highly recommend it, and the Oasis, we had a lovely holiday.

5  Thank kennas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Been staying at The Oasis annually (sometimes twice a year) since 2004 and watched it change and grow into the home from home it is now. First thing I have to say is Mike & Eleni are two of the nicest people you will meet on Skiathos. Always happy to help and offer advice on their island. They are not simply the people who own the Oasis, they are friends.

Rooms - Because I've been here so often, I've had the pleasure of trying all the rooms available, studio, apartment and villa. My break down is, they are all very well equipped. Good size bathrooms, private and spacious balcony, your home from home amenities such as kettle, hot plate and saucepan/frying pan etc & TV, although please be aware that this isn’t like your Freeview at home and has mainly Greek channels. Whether you are a couple in a studio or a family in a villa, I’m sure they will all be satisfactory. If you have any problems, don’t stay quiet, speak with Mike and he will look to assist you wherever possible.

Towels and bedding are changed regularly and the cleaners do a great job of tidying those apartments lived in by even the messiest of holidaymakers (me!).

Grounds – It never ceases to amaze me how well the whole complex is kept. The cleaners come gardeners will water the grass and flowers most evenings and the grass is cut on a fortnightly basis. Fruit grows from the trees and it has been known that you can steal the odd lemon and use it your diet coke at the apartment.

The facilities the Oasis offers are plentiful as well, Gym, Sauna (not sure this is needed in the summer months), Internet/computer room, Library, Table Tennis, Billiards and one of the most important things, WIFI! You really couldn’t complain that you’re bored and there is nothing to do!

Restaurant/Bar – Personally, this is where the Oasis comes into a league of its own. The bar is well stocked with all the spirits you are used to at home alongside a couple of ciders and of course, MYTHOS! This is priced at €3.50 and although this is 50 cents more than last year, still very reasonable in keeping with the rest of the island.

The food is delicious and plentiful. One portion of burger and chips for example will comfortably feed two adults and you will get bread & tzatziki as a starter and a small ice cream for afters. Small tip, those who are fond of a bit of spice, give the chicken curry a go. By far my favourite dish the Oasis has to offer, closely followed by the Oasis Salad!

However, the thing that sets this place apart is the atmosphere. I think Mike has made it his goal to create a real homely vibe. As if you are at your local pub on a Friday evening with your friends. There are quiz nights, karaoke and film nights which gives you a great opportunity to get to know your fellow guests.

Staff – I have seen a number of staff changes at the Oasis and this year is almost a new team. They do include some returning members from last year and others from a couple of years ago. It is great to see these friends again for another year.

The new members of staff are great and have learnt the ropes quickly. Whether it is Hussein (he’s not new but is an early riser!) and Alicia at 9am or Nikos, Gelli and Valentina at 1am, they will always give you a smile and share stories.

The cleaners/gardeners are attentive and will be happy to grab another pillow or a new towel should you ask.

Location – Depending on how fast you walk, about 5 minutes to the harbour front, 10 minutes to the main street and transfer from the airport in a cab is under 5 minutes. When going to town, leave the Oasis via the back entrance as this is the quickest route and keeps you off the busy main road. If you need supplies, there is a supermarket 5-7 minute walk from the front entrance going towards town. Mike has also provided a trolley and ….. pushchair? so that you don’t have to carry your bags back.

Overall – I’ve stayed at the Hermes & Albanis Studios in Kolios and The Plaza in Kanapitsa and unfortunately, none of them come close to the Oasis. Whether it is the location or the fact you have everything you need in the grounds, this place will grab you and won’t let you go. You’ll be going back again and again until either your money runs out or you do.
I’ll be back in August for … the 14th visit? Will it be as good, stupid question.

Room Tip: B1 & B2 for the view. C1 through to C6 for convenience to the pool/restuarant.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank wriggles89
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Spent a great week (May half term) at Oasis apartments in Skiathos. Mike is a great host, we felt at home from the moment he welcomed us with a drink at the bar. He had lots of handy tips for a great holiday and he and his staff couldn't do enough for us. The apartment was great, clean and well maintained and just yards from the pool. Loads of sunbeds and plenty of shady spots to sit and enjoy a drink. Easy walk to town with great bars and tavernas and supermarket also very close by. Very much looking forward to our next visit, will definitely be returning :-)

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Alibecks
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went back to the Oasis after such a great time last year. All our memories were brought back to reality, as we walked down the drive way. Mike was as welcoming as ever, and remembered us both from last year. The staff were new, and they made us feel so welcome, and nothing was too much trouble for them,. Its not everywhere that a lady gets strawberries and cream with her pre dinner glass if wine........ The apartment was superb, very clean and tidy, with fantastic maid service on a daily basis. The food in the bar was spot on (as usual) however, as we had no torrential rain this year, we did not experience Mike's lovely log fire.

Jon and I had a couple of days in Skopelos (me being a massive Mamma Mia fan) and Mike was very helpful ion suggesting sites for us to see while we were there.

It was as lovely this year as it was last, and we will definitely be going back in 2014.

Enjoy your holiday there................. i can't think of a better place on the planet to relax and have fun. Skiathos gets my vote every time. The airport days (Wednesdays and Fridays were as good as ever (even a couple of Airbus's this time WOW........................)

Room Tip: Pool view's are lovely, and if you are lucky like we were you get 2 balconies, so have sun all d...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diane S
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Returned last Friday after a two week stay at the Oasis. Usually I am ready to return home after two weeks, but I really wanted to stay longer - says it all really. Mike is a wonderful host and will go out of his way to make sure you have a great holiday. Steve and I went out with Mike on his boat with his beautiful daughter, Alice who works there and Richard and Nicki. We had a fantastic day finished off with a sumptuous meal organised and paid for by Mike and he would not take any payment from us. He also arranged for us to go to a restaurant in the mountains for our anniversary (transport there and back provided, again free of charge). I absolutely love Skiathos and cant wait to return and the only place I will stay when I do return will be at the Oasis. We met some great people at the hotel and had a wonderful holiday. Thank you to Mike, his family and his staff (particularly Alice and Valentina who we got close to). MIss you all and wish you a very successful year - you deserve it. Best wishes, Sue and Steve xx

Room Tip: Did not use the fitness centre so cannot comment. Regarding rooms, I would stay in any of them as l...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YorkshireGirlLeeds
mikeskiathos, Owner at Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

greetings from paradise!!!
hahahaha i wish it were true...... thanks....... ( my boat has problems now, so the devil is at work recently....) you know what they say when one asks what is the best boat? your friends boat.....
i hope it will be fixed by next summer......