“Great hotel and great hosts !!!”
Review of Villa Margarita

Villa Margarita
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Villa Margarita is a really nice and clean hotel. The family that runs it is great. They are always ready to help the guests by giving them all the necessary information about the island, beaches, showing them way to the port (by foot). And, of course, they will pick you up and drop you off at the port.
Because it's a bit further from the port (6-7 minutes by foot) it gives you piece and quiet from the noise that many motorbikes make around the island and a chance to really relax.
The hotel has a great pool where you can enjoy the whole day or have a quick dip before going to one of the beautiful beaches that Spetses has.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Marija22

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was invited to a wedding in Spetses at the end of August 12 and chose to stay at Villa Margarita because the price seemed reasonable (60 euro). I did not search the Internet for info as I thought That I would not spend much time inside the room. After all I was only going to stay there for a couple of days.

From the outside the hotel showed its age and looked slightly neglected. Plastic chairs on balconies with towels and swimsuits hanging in the front to dry. Not a romantic place I thought and tried to keep a positive attitude. My disappointment surfaced when I entered the room. Cheap furniture, plastic accessories (mirror frame etc.), plastic harmonica door at the toilet and a painting of an English countryside cottage hanging on the wall (!). What on earth is the English cottage painting doing in Spetses?

Worse part was that after one day of sleep in their bed, my back started to ache. Would my body ever recover from that? Who wants to suffer back pain in his/her holidays?

I took another look at the room while preparing my luggage 2 days later. It had A/C and a TV. The outside pool was ok for my standards. Why did the owners chose to spend money on a pool instead of remodeling the interior?

Bottom line is: Spetses is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I strongly advise any traveller to spend some holidays in Spetses. I believe that Villa Margarita is not the right place to enjoy the island. Keep looking!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank S F
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This family owned and run business is supurb. I always say that the people are what makes a holiday or place great! and for Villa Margarita this certainly fits my ideals. They are just the most lovely family and the place is clean and well organised and run. Others on this site have said it´s too far from the beach but really its a 5 minute walk. Everywhere on this Island could be seen as confusion re directions because there are no street names and the colour and style of the houses make it hard to destinguish so maybe this is what the people were reffering to that left the negative comments. I can only think they must have gotten lost!!! Maybe a few too many drinkies!! I can´t understand how any one could complain about this place unless they would complain about anywhere, but each to thier own. Anyway I would recommend Villa Margarita highly. They also have another hotel which is more expensive and yes more beautiful and newer but for the price of Villa Margarita you get the best of both worlds really, if you are not snobby and want a personalised experience then come here. Btw the pool is suburb!!! I can´t say enough!!! just come!!!!!!!

Room Tip: any room, although I was in the spare room they only use apparently when it´s busy and I had the mos...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed in Villa Mararita end of June, beginning of July 2012 and had a wonderful holiday. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool was fabulous.

The staff were very friendly and could not do enough to ensure that our holiday was great.

Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dorothy038
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at Villa Margarita for a wedding in June and from arriving to be collected at the key side to leaving we were looked after superbly by the family at the Villa. Nothing was too much trouble and they went out of their way to make our first visit to Spetses and to Greece perfect. Breakfast was a treat to look forward to with home made jams and cakes to go with the best coffee on the island and the rooms and pool were clean and welcoming. We will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms have balcony and lots of privacy. Ours was at the top of the building and the views were...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Janettt H
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had an amazing time at this little hotel. The family that own this hotel are very warm, friendly and helpful, It has a great spot near the beach and main square. Hotel is clean and comfortable with lovely views from the balcony. We spent a lot of tme in and around the pool, lots of sunloungers and tables. Would love to return very soon

Room Tip: ask for a room with 2 balconies, then u can enjoy the sun from dusk til dawn
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TracyMercer_12
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Villa Margarita! The family who owns the hotel is very friendly and helpful, thank you once again for all your help and advice! The hotel is very nice, clean and relaxing and it is just 5 minutes walking to the beach or centre of the town. The hotel has its own pool with a lot of space around where you can sunbathe or relax in the shadow. If we go back to Spetses, we will definitely book Villa Margarita again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple