“Good Value for money - very bad service”
Review of Villa Irini

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Villa Irini
Ranked #15 of 26 Specialty Lodging in Spetses
Reviewed September 23, 2013

In an island like Spetses it would be rather difficult to book a hotel and be surprised by the facilities etc. Therefore, the rooms of Villa Irini in Spetses, the pool, the large tv (why so big, really) and the bathroom were nice and clean, just as promised from the owner, but we were in for a bad surprise.
The owner, a local, as she said with pride (!) seemed as though she had better plans for her weekend than servicing us. With the basics, that is, like giving us towels for the pool. Breakfast, which was really poor (and I am being polite), was served from 9-11 but, as she said in an not at all friendly nor funny way "and don't you come earlier"!!!
Finally, on our last day she was more interested than getting her money than anything else.
In conclusion, although the place is nice, the owner should get some intensive hospitality courses ASAP.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Melina L

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was about to rate this as average but I am willing to give the chance to the owner to take on board my remarks and improve the service and her attitude. The room I stayed in with my husband was recently renovated, clean and big enough for two, quiet with all the basic facilities (TV, AC, hair dryer). The only negative I can mention is the matress which was a bit uncomfortable and the mini bar which was empty (it should at least include a bottle of water). Breakfast was very poor as mentioned by another reviewer earlier. However, the most annoying thing was the manners of the owner which made us feel inconvenient and unwelcomed. She treated us unprofessionally and she was rather rude especially when you asked for something. Fron noon until five in the afternoon we were told that there is nobody to help us and even though I respected that, on Saturday I was forced to call the owner at 5:15 to come and get us some water and coffee as we had to get ready for a wedding and she arrived with a bad attitude. Surprisingly when we left we requested a taxi and settled it immediately. That is why I am not rating this hotel badly as I can't believe that this person is like that all the time, otherwise she wouldn't be able to run a hotel for more that one season. However, I would avoid going back to this place because of her even though I believe it is good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Stella S
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited Spetses for a wedding and stayed in Villa Irini for the weekend, along with four other couples.
The villa is about 15 minutes walk from Dapia and relatively quiet, compared with the noise of the port. Our room was clean, had a large TV, fridge and A/C. There is a garden surrounding the pool area, which is nice and quiet and a bar serving coffees (however, it was closed most of the times).
Now for the bad news. Breakfast was really poor: two slices of bread, a croissant, a slice of cheese, some jam and coffee. Asking for something extra would only get us a fussy look from the owner (the extra was honey or bread, not cupcakes and omelet!). There is a super-market and a pastry shop within four minutes of the villa, so there is no need to pay 7 euros extra per person per day for breakfast.
Service ranged from bad to awful. I don't know if this was a bad weekend for the owner, if she would prefer tourists who would stay for more days and pay double but whatever the reason, her attitude towards, not only us, but the other couples as well, was awful, rude and inhospitable. I wouldn't mind the fact that she didn't smile once (though in the tourism business) but making your guests feeling bad for asking towels, info or more sugar for their coffee is definitely a good reason for never coming back.
It's a pity because in general it would have been a nice place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ioanna A
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Villa Irini for a week and enjoyed every minute of our vacation. The property is a short walk from the beach and the center of the village and thus, provides privacy and a quiet atmosphere to relax. The rooms are spotless, well appointed with silent AC, fridge and very comfortable beds. Our room opened up to a wonderful covered patio where breakfast was served. The garden/pool area, with olive and lemon trees, a lush lawn and beautiful lounge chairs was ideal for sun tanning, cooling off or simply relaxing and reading. Irini, the owner and our hostess, is charming, warm and very helpful in every way: directions, restaurant recommendations, inside tips, and seems to know and be friends with everybody on the island. The breakfast was a surprise every day. Different Greek breads and pastries, homemade jams, freshly squeezed OJ, fresh coffee, cheeses, hams, just excellent! We are planning to go back next year and recommend Villa Irini without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Villa Irini for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon.

The villa is beautiful, with many rooms. We were fortunate to get a downstairs room with alfresco (closest to the pool!). The villa is about 15 minute walk from Dapia (the new port) and an easy 5 minute stroll to the old port.

The room was clean and fairly spacious, with tv and wifi. Breakfast was made by Irini, and enjoyed by the pool each morning.

Irini herself was wonderful - so helpful and friendly. She was always there to ask for advice about travel plans for the day and gave excellent advice on where to eat!

I would recommend staying at the villa and I look forward to returning one day.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Annapar1982
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was there for eastern. Very nice and excellent welcome. I truly recommend it. Irini is very nice and the 2 dogs are lovely. Garden is very quite and well maintain. Close to the old harbour and one of the best restaurant I tried there. It is a local restaurant in the uptown.
Andrea

Room Tip: All room are perfect, very nice and privacy excellent.