“Fantastic resturant”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic resturant”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Arrived back in Poros having gone to Methana but found the place too smelly and desolate. Checked the trip advisor as to where to eat and decided to try this Karavolos, what a gem. Traditional Greek food, the best we,ve had and also the cheapest.. Try any of their traditional Greek meals as all fabulous. The resturant is 2 mins from the Yachting bar on harbour, on the back street. The owner of the yachting bar took us to the resturant as it would have been difficult to find.

• Visited August 2012

• Greek first
  • Slovak first
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great find in Greece”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have just had one of the best meals in Greece ever... I arrived to a very warm welcome and the atmoshphere was buzzy and fun. We ordered the fava (amazing flavours with oil home produced)
Followed by the rolled roasted pork, so tender and melt in your mouth flavours. Service excellent even bringing a candle to the table to give a romantic moment and diming the lights!

I returned the following evening on my own (female) to be greated like a local and to stand at the kitchen hatch with a glass of wine with the chef/owner. This gave me first class look at the kitchen which was the cleanest I have seen in a long time (uk included)

All in all I would recommend Karavolos without hesitation.

• Visited September 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Good, home style Greek restaurant”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Went there for dinner. As recommended by some reviewers we had [stewed snails] and a starter (the fact that I cannor recall what salad we had is telling by itself). Snails are interesting dish, but their taste was blurred by the sauce in which they were stewed.

For main dish my wife had grilled lamb cutlets, which were this evening quite a disappointment - over grilled (and therefore not sufficiently juicy) and too bony. I had their special chicken with mushroom and wine sauce - which was good, but once again nothing special. The bill for the above (and a bottle of beer and mineral water) was very reasonable (slightly over 30 euros).
Atmosphere is fine and the servioce was both attentive and not intrusive. One big minus was that some people smoke, but the restaurant part (which was occupied this evening) is not big, so you could feel the cigarette smoke

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Igor P
Glasgow
“Jewel off the beaten track”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Loved, loved, loved this place!!!!!!!!! Busy wee taverna mostly locals - just what hubby & I look for when we're abroad. The food, service, wine in fact everything was excellent. I had the snails to start absolutely delicious, my husband had the meatballs, followed by calamari & the mixed souvlaki - this was our first visit & we'll be back before we go home on Sunday!!!

“Very nice place!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

The place is excellent for experiencing the greek food, hospitality and atmosphere of eating out. We tried typical greek food and it was as if my mom had cooked! Maria in the service is always smiling! Karavolos is a must go in Poros!

2 Thank ForeverJules