“The Odyssey Appartments and Greek cooking school”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Odyssey Suites

and 1 more site!
Odyssey Suites
Ranked #2 of 37 Specialty Lodging in Poros
Edmonton, Canada
“The Odyssey Appartments and Greek cooking school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have. Spent two wonderful holidays here. Katerina, the owner, is a wonderful person and goes out of her way to making your holiday interesting by teaching you the local customs, food, architecture, history, and showing off her beautiful Island. We learned so much about Greek food and cooking at her Cooking school.
The accommodation is spacious, clean and Katerina and her staff will do all that they can to make your stay as welcoming and enjoyable as they can.
I will keep going back as long as I am able

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar and face into the lovely Greek courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Greek first
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Odyssey Apartments is truly a hidden gem on Poros. I felt like I was at home from the moment I arrived with all the attention given to me my Katrina and her staff. The food, Katrina prepares in her small kitchen is on par with 5 star restaurants I have dined in in larger cities.

If you go, be sure to do a cooking class with Katrina! Lots of fun and wine. More over I learned the right way to make Dolmas and Phyllo treats. Also, go on a Kayaking trip with Brian. Even a novice, like me, felt very safe and secure in his care on the water. I really loved going to Sea Glass Beach

I am already saving my pennies for a return trip to Poros, and the Odyssey Apartments. Now what I think of as my second home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

How in the world do I begin? Katerina, the owner of Odyssey, goes way beyond the "the call of duty" to make your visit to Greece and Poros a dream come true. Located on the most beautiful and friendly island in Greece and in a lovely neighborhood, Odyssey, nestled in a quiet area right across from the beautiful beach, caters to your every need. The rooms are decorated with exquisite taste and they are perfectly clean and accommodating. It is wonderful being able to sit on your own balcony with your early morning cup of coffee and watch the world wake up or have your beverage after a day exploring or swimming in the gorgeous water, watching the locals and other guests stroll out for the evening. Odyssey Corner, the quaint and welcoming "cafe" on the first floor offers outdoor dining breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is fresh, clean and especially made with love. All the the girls, as Katerina, go out of the way to make sure you have everything you need and more. You feel like you are family. Katerina's cooking class is AMAZING. She is totally hands on and so much fun. You not only learn how to cook with a glass of wine, but she also explains the history of the food and Greece in a most magical and thorough way. We were all in awe. She is lovely in every way. There is so much to do on Poros and Katerina is so helpful guiding her guests. Whether it is trekking around the island to sights, arranging a trip to an award winning vineyard, kayaking,etc. THE BEST EVER!

Room Tip: EVERY room is great!!!!!!!!!!! I have been there many times and each room is perfect!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have just come back from a week's stay at Odyssey Apartments in Poros, where I had booked a week long cooking holiday. I had an amazing time! Beaches and excursions during the day, followed by delicious and informative cooking classes in the late afternoon, followed by endless meze, good company and the results of our cooking efforts in the evenings! I met some great people and would certainly think about going back!
Katerina is the perfect hostess, chef, business manager and friend. From the outset she did her very best to make me feel welcome and included (I was travelling alone), by the end of the week she made me feel like I was almost one of the family! Her team are also helpful and kind and will go out of their way to make your stay unforgettable.
Poros is charming and the surrounding area is also beautiful and steeped in Greek history. I should also mention Vangelis, who is in charge of the transfers, as kind and as friendly as Katerina, all together they ensured my experience at Odyssey was one I will never forget!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully maintained
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Enschede, Overijssel, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

A vacation we will never forget, the fantastic location, the beautiful apartments and most of all the lovely and fantastic host " Katerina" makes you want to stay forever.
The way she cooks, the way she tells her stories and of course the way she makes sure that everybody will have a great Greek (Poros) experience is unique.
Rob and betsie duursma

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but if you want to have the best vieuw ask for room one or two, these rooms...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patchogue, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was traveling alone for the first time and decided to stay at the Odyssey based on previous reviews I read, I felt that I'd be safe comfortable staying there and that was important to me. From the moment I was picked up at the airport by Vangelis, one of the men they use for transfers I felt as though I was with family! Then when I arrived at the Odyssey and was greeted so warmly by Katerina I knew immediately that I had made the right decision!

I met wonderul people during my stay. All so friendly and welcoming to the lady from NY. The staff was helpful and friendly. They couldn't do enough for you. I didn't feel as though I was staying at a hotel, I felt like I was staying with family. It felt like I was home...but without the responsibility of making my own bed and cleaning my room!

My cooking classes were wonderful. I made (or helped to make) so many wonderful dishes that I can't wait to try at home. There was never a shortage of food or wine during my stay! Katerina is passionate about cooking, Poros, and Greece. You can see it in the way she speaks. She is very proud of what she does and where she is from. she is a wonderful teacher and mentor.

I could go on and on about how wonderful this experience was. It was life changing. I never connected with "strangers" like this before. When I left after 9 days I felt as if I had made friends and discovered new family. I cried as I said my good byes to all the wonderful people I met and especially Katerina. I can only dream that some day I'll be lucky enough to come again and visit. Maybe some day I can go back and help make olive oil from their olive grove!

I highly recommend the Odyssey to anyone who wants to stay some place that feels not like a hotel, but like a home. Warm and inviting with friends that you haven't met yet!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 3. I had water views in 2 directions! I think I had the best room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We wanted a simple break where hopefully we would get some sunshine and relaxation before winter came. Good food was also on our list, well at this was delivered with extras. I always feel that you get to know about something when thing go wrong, and it turned out that on our first night there was no room at the inn!. But no problem Katherina whisked us off to another hotel for our first night and instead that we should dinner on her, for our trouble. So, good food, a comfortable bed and we had not even arrived!

The next morning she picked us up and showed us to our beautiful room, and then the most wonderful breakfast. This set the standard for the rest of the week. Great food lots of laughs and always helpful. Love the place will be back.

Easy to get to as well flight to Athens and on Piraeus 1 hour boat trip and 5 min taxi.

Go and enjoy, visit your new family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family