“Excellent choice for Greek Island food.”
Review of Ostria Restaurant

Ostria Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 65 Restaurants in Hydra
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The friendly corner with the traditional food, the beautifull atmosphere, and the smile of Anastasia.
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We had the small locally fried fishes and calamari. Both were lightly battered and fried to golden perfection. I'm going to get Statis' batter recipe because it really is so perfectly balanced. The black eyed pea salad was delicious with tomatoes, onions, green peppers and lemon. I posted some pics. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We ate here twice during a recent 7 night stay which must be a recommendation in its self given the choice available. The somewhat theatrical and hard working Tassoula is entertaining, the ambience is pleasant and the food as good as anywhere else we have been in 2 visits to the island.
I had fried calamari which was the best I've had for many years, not rubbery at all and beautifully cooked.
Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I go there quite often and was never disappointed . If you are looking for typical fresh greek food , very good prices , good ambiance and on a cute square , this is it ! I hightly recommand their fava , the best on the Island .
Thassoula and Statis are very friendly and warm , you really feel welcome !

Reviewed June 18, 2013

After reading the reviews, we decided to give Ostria a try for dinner. Ostria was disappointing. They didn't have many of the items on the menu and, for what we ate, it was overpriced. We tried the Greek salad, the shrimp special, grilled calamari and the meatballs (that the owner highly recommended)....all were edible, but kinda "blah" and nothing special. Cute looking place, but wouldn't recommend it.

2  Thank Jodes244
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hostess Anastasia (stage name - Thesoula) is a fire cracker, full of personality and charm and manages to juggle chatting to all the customers, recomending food and remembering everyones order all at once. The food was delicious, the greek salad was the best I had on the island and everyone should have dinner here.