“Probably the nicest place I've ever stayed”
Baby Grand Piano/living room 1 Outside relaxing area
Daily homemade breakfast
master bathroom 3
Breakfast table indoors
breakfast outside
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nick D
Hua Hin, Thailand
“Probably the nicest place I've ever stayed”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I was lucky enough to get to stay here for just a few nights in April, and although I was prepared for it to by nice, I was blown away by just how luxurious it was - not in an 'everything's gold and silk' sort of ostentatious way (it's extremely tasteful and a lot of care has clearly been taken with the design), but the mix of the luxury of the house with the breathtaking beauty of its location is stunning. The interior is roomy and lovely, and it has one of the best-equipped kitchens I've come across, but it was hard not to spend a lot of the time there on the veranda, soaking in the gorgeous views. You can see elsewhere how spectacular Hydra is; well, here you're on top of that world. The view of the sunset overlooking the whale-shaped island at the back is an experience in itself. Villa Alethea, just down the hill, is a smaller version, let by the same person. I've been put up in 5-star hotels around the world various times (perk of the job), but this is probably the nicest place I've ever stayed.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The stunning surrounding scenery
Liked least: Had to leave so soon!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Melbourne Australia

Reviewed July 10, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
homebeiji...
china
“The most beautiful villa ever”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

We were most fortunate to rent this fabulous villa for 1 week in late June/early July. We were a party of 2 families , 4 adults and 6 children. This is the most beautiful accommodation one could wish for. Enormous with exquisite, contemporary furnishings, art work, and numerous nooks and carnies for everyone to enjoy. The photos in no way do it justice. As the sun set we adults could never decide where to take our cocktails....on the top deck looking out to sea, the next deck down surrounded by the scent of jasmine and lavender, or the next deck down again gazing towards the township If I had to say anything negative it would be that there are a lot of steps up to the villa, but without the climb one wouldn't have the wonderful vista from every room.
With any problems we had Gaylen was wonderfully helpful....although we'd still love to know how they got the grand piano up to the villa!!
Our 2 families have rented and stayed in many beautiful villas/ accommodations, over the last 3 or 4 years, many of which we have reviewed on Trip Advisor, believe us when we say this is exquisite.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NY

person found this review helpful

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing