Here's a plan for a terrific day out on Hydra.
Take a boat or water taxi from the port to Vlychos (5 minutes or so) or have an energetic (about half an hour) walk along the coastal path.
On arrival, acquire sun lounger at a cost of 3 euros per person. Enjoy frappe, juice or whatever while looking out to sea. Have a dip (plastic shoes recommended as the stones on the beach here are a little harder to negotiate than some of the other Hydra beaches).
Work up appetite. Struggle a few paces to the Four Seasons beach restaurant. Simple tables under a canopy. Continue looking out to sea.
Return to sun lounger.
You can eat well prepared Greek taverna staples here and you won't go wrong. But the fish is also excellent if you are feeling more extravagant and this is certainly the place to enjoy it. Unless you are an aficionado I wouldn't worry about the lobster - Greek lobsters are skimpier than their North American counterparts and harder work. We've eaten here a number of times over the years, as a couple and as part of larger groups and so far we have never been disappointed.
Service is friendly and efficient.
I haven't seen the hotel rooms but am told that they are very nice. It's a small hotel (don't go expecting it to be part of the chain) and I imagine it would be a lovely, peaceful spot to get away from it all - especially later at night or earlier in the day when the day visitors are not around. But you will need to look elsewhere for reviews of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your personal paradise!! The Fourseasonshydra in the unique island of Hydra, Greece between the mountains and the sea!!! A true luxury suite hotel with exceptional service, and beyond a doubt the absolute best location on the island to enjoy the most breathtaking sunsets and the endless blue Aegean sea Choose from a simple but elegant menu of classic Greek & Mediterranean cuisine! Our chef has carefully chosen the traditional favorites of the region tempting and tantalizing the taste buds. Add a fine list of Greek wines and a splendid finish of coffees and sweets, and your evening is complete and just within a few steps of your Fourseasonshydra home. Or stop by the Bar for a nightcap and let your magical evening continue... The luxurious and romantic suites are really part of an authentic, splendidly restored captain's mansion. Each Suite is brilliantly and traditionally designed having stayed true to the original style of the Island representing an inimitable sample of traditional Greek architecture with attention to detail Drink and Dine Watching the Sun setting in the Horizon If you are dreaming of rest, relaxation and tranquility in a stunning setting with truly personal service, then we can make your dreams come true ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Luxury Suites & Restaurant Hotel Hydra
- Four Seasons Luxury Suites And Restaurant
- 4 Seasons Luxury Suites & Restaurant
- Hydra Four Seasons