We've just returned from an amazing stay at Four Seasons. We were two families, one with two children the other with one child and we rented the Winter and Summer suites which are right next to each other and share a very nice back patio with an outdoor dining table that seats 8.
Everything was perfect at the Four Seasons, from the rooms to the beach to the food to the service. We are from America and our greek is non-exisitent but that didn't matter at all as the staff was wonderfully fluent in English and extremely gracious.
We were there on a holiday weekend and so the 'organized beach' filled up, but since we were staying at the resort we were able to put towels down on the best chairs in the morning before people arrived from Hydra by boat.
We ate many meals at the Four Seasons and everything was amazing. The fish was caught that day (they show you the seafood before they cook it, it is that fresh.) Many of the vegetables are grown in their garden, and I suspect that the eggs from breakfast were from their chickens (I heard the rooster when I was up early one morning for a run.)
There is a beautiful path to run / hike out of the hotel along the coast of the island. There is a bit of a climb but all the better for some amazing views.
The beach is incredible, but has small stones so be sure to bring water shoes or sandals that you can wade into the water with.
The town of Hydra is just minutes by water taxi and has great shopping and dining as well. Kids loved jumping off small cliff right at the edge of town, followed by 'boat drinks' (virgin Pina Coladas) from a great cliff side bar at the mouth of the small harbor.
Once again, can't say enough about the Four Seasons and Hydra, we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your personal paradise!! The Fourseasonshydra in the unique island of Hydra, Greece between the mountains and the sea!!! A true luxury suite hotel with exceptional service, and beyond a doubt the absolute best location on the island to enjoy the most breathtaking sunsets and the endless blue Aegean sea Choose from a simple but elegant menu of classic Greek & Mediterranean cuisine! Our chef has carefully chosen the traditional favorites of the region tempting and tantalizing the taste buds. Add a fine list of Greek wines and a splendid finish of coffees and sweets, and your evening is complete and just within a few steps of your Fourseasonshydra home. Or stop by the Bar for a nightcap and let your magical evening continue... The luxurious and romantic suites are really part of an authentic, splendidly restored captain's mansion. Each Suite is brilliantly and traditionally designed having stayed true to the original style of the Island representing an inimitable sample of traditional Greek architecture with attention to detail Drink and Dine Watching the Sun setting in the Horizon If you are dreaming of rest, relaxation and tranquility in a stunning setting with truly personal service, then we can make your dreams come true ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Four Seasons Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Luxury Suites & Restaurant Hotel Hydra
- Four Seasons Luxury Suites And Restaurant
- 4 Seasons Luxury Suites & Restaurant
- Hydra Four Seasons