All reviewsswimming poolgreek restaurantmagnificent viewexcellent foodtwo nightshiking trailsamazing sceneryan amazing placehairpin bendsrooms are spaciousbreakfast roomvillawintergreecemiaslopesjacuzzi
Reviewed August 20, 2017

The hotel is beautiful, and situated on a picturesque mountaintop in Greece. However, the blistering hot room and overworked air conditioner did little to make the room comfortable through the night. It was predictable, the air conditioner cannot run unless you are physically in the room, so it never cools the room down adequately. When I asked the desk how to let it run while we dined, I was told that would be "unsafe" and impossible. I pressed, and actually found myself in a spat with a young woman who clearly needed to instruct me on room safety! When we returned from dinner (beautiful pool, poolside dining!) the hot room took 4 hours to cool down, not a luxury experience. We packed and left the next morning, sacrificing the next night's room charge, since they had no intention of refunding me a drachma. Of course, at 8 am the next day, nobody was at the desk or within shouting distance, so we left. I still owe the dinner charge as a result, and have sent 3 emails not yet answered, in an attempt to pay the balance. Service? Terrible. Location? Very remote, 45 minutes on a winding mountain road. Accessibility? If you don't have a rental car, don't stay here, there is nothing within an hour and nowhere else to walk to. Wheelchair or somewhat physically challenged? Don't stay here, steps and slopes everywhere, no ramps or accommodations of any kind. The biggest disappointment I have faced in 40 years of travel, mostly due to failed expectations.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 nights. Initally we balked at the road up the mountain but it was well worth it! The villa was amazing with a very nice bathroom, the pool was great and the breakfast was spectacular with freshly squeesed orange juice every morning and a great selection of food to choose from.
We would also like to make a speacial shout out to all of the wonderful staff members of the pool and chefs at the Italian restaurant! Thank you !!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viðar S
Reviewed August 5, 2017

Firstly, it's not easy to get to and must be a nightmare in the winter: the drive up the mountain is winding with hairpin bends that can set the heart racing BUT, it is worth it for the view when you get there.

The rooms (we had a villa) are basic but very well kept and maintained with lovely touches throughout such as linens. Wifi is slow (but so is everywhere in Greece) and the villas seemed to possess the most complicated shower I have experienced since my visit to Omaha, Nebraska in March.

But the negative comments are few and far between.

The resort is lovely. The gardens are well-kept and beautifully floral. The pool is smallish but well maintained with great service from the bar (towels and water brought straight to you). The greek restaurant (there is also an Italian one) was so-so although their lemon goat dish was amazing. Breakfast was WONDERFUL with fresh-baked goods in abundance.

Overall, I probably would have given it 3 bubbles, but I gave it 4 for the view and the staff who were all friendly, efficient and extremely helpful. The guy who checked us in on Sunday, the lady at breakfast on Monday and the guys / chefs in the pool bar were all lovely: genuinely warm and welcoming people - and that's always a good thing.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2017

Fantastic location wonderful staff, lovely accommodation couldn't ask for more swimming pool and restaurants supurb you must try the Spartan sausage in the greek restaurant will return and stay longer next time

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank David L
Reviewed July 26, 2017

After a climb of SEVERAL MILES of narrow hairpin bends, no fun for the nervous driver or passenger, we found a warm welcome, a spacious room with balcony, lounge and kitchenette included - and ours was just a 'junior suite'. We had stunning views over nearby mountains and the Plain of Sparta below, which we also enjoyed from the hotel's Greek restaurant. There is also a library, a pool and a wonderful breakfast, so varied and delicious it's guaranteed to destroy any diet.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple