“Great place!”

Ranked #3 of 200 Restaurants in Patras
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Greek Traditional Cuisine, Family Tavern - Since 1935, High Quality Fresh Ingredients, Original Local Recipes Working: 15 September - 10 June (summer is closed) Monday to Saturday(cuisine is open): 12:00-17:00 & 20:30-24:00 Sunday night Closed
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very typical restaurant with very tasty food. Probably one of the best of its kind in Patras! It's definitely a 'must visit' in this beautiful city.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

As the title says, and propably one of the "very goods" in Greece. Home made food, "magirefta" as pot food is called in Greece, in contrast to grilled food. Excellent quality. The prices could be lower though, because it is a little bit expensive for Patras standarts.
It's a little bit difficult to find, since it's hidden down an alley that goes off a very central street of the town, but if you're looking for it, don't give up.

5  Thank Happiness_gr
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Great food and prices !! Warm atmosphere with friendly and polite service!

2  Thank Manager119
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Taverna Labyrinthos is one of the best truly family-owned restaurants I've experienced. They've been in this same quaint building and has seen 3 generations since 1935. If you're anywhere near Patras, you have to make a trip here.

It's been my quest to find great restaurants throughout Greece, and I've been so lucky so find this gem early in my relocation to Patras. Unfortunately there isn’t much info on it in travel books, or even on the internet, yet! Tripadvisor.com mentions Taverna Labyrinthos as the no. 1 restaurant, but there wasn’t much helpful info so I decided to check it out myself. It was a bit hard to find but it was well worth the effort. This place is is really special!!

When my friend and I arrived at this lovely and warmly lit building down an alley, the owners, Nicholas and his mother, greeted us and seated us as the first customers of the night just as they were opening their doors. She proceeded to explain the menu and walk us through all the highlights. They did a great job in giving great recommendations. Its been the best service I’ve gotten in Greece; was unbelievable! Then the food come out and we were absolutely blown away by this wonderful, traditional country Greek food!! The ingredients are fresh and the quality is great which made every dish mouth watering, no matter how simple! We were able to talk with Nicholas about the restaurant and the history as far as he could remember as a boy and we got a great sense of the pride this family takes in it's craft. After the meal, an amazing "special" desert and a shot of Tentoura were served complements of the house. We were sold long before this, but after this surprise we were ready to the wash dishes for them!

Since that first visit, I’ve become a recent regular. The atmosphere, service, food, and the owner of Taverna Labyrinthos are all really really great! I love this place!!

My favorites foods to order include the tzazitki, fava, beet salad, stuffed cabbage, the baby lamb..and whatever that special desert was! Check it out!

10  Thank susiec170
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Recommend for the very good Greeke cuisine ,the excellent service and value for money.

3  Thank KOSD