“Value for Money”

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Patras
Ajmer, India
“Value for Money”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The place is located close to downtown, of the Patras. Right opposite to rail station and close to bus station. In safe area.
Value for money for lodging, nice breakfast. The prices for all day meals are rather cheap for a 4 star hotel.
The hotel may be 4-star, I would rate European 3-star.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We was driving a long day and we stay here with not planned it and we was surprised with the room the prices and the food on the roof garden !!!!!!
Good place for a stop !!!
! Thank you !!!!! If we pass again defiantly I would stay here again !!!

• Stayed August 2013
Agia Marina, Greece
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have stayed many times in 'Astir hotel' for more than 3 days usual while visiting Patras.The main areas are kept good and the management is aware of of the cleaning and the service.The breakfast is really good with plenty of beverages to choose from.
I will definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wants to be in the center of Patras as its location is very convenient for clubbing, walking throught the city pedestrian roads, coffee time or taking the boat...!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kos, Greece
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Due the bad weather we stayed for 1 night in Astir Hotel, everything was paid from the boat company so we don't really have an idea about the room rate (end of January 2011). Room was very large, and clean. Nice breakfast. We use the underground parking for an extra charge (8 euros/night). Astir is fairly well located, near the port and the town. All in all it was a plaisant stay :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It is a very good hotel, with very large rooms, large bathroom and view to the port of the city. Really good breakfast, great roof garden with a pool and a great view. It is 100% worth the money you pay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I visited Astir on a business trip, and internet access was key. We had checked in advance that there would be wi-fi access. However for the first 36 hours we were there, there was no access. They called a technician, who told us the problem was with our machines, not with their system. But we were three people travelling together, using four different machines to access the internet (both macs and PCs). When we objected, the desk staff told us again it was our fault. When we asked for a reduction in the price of the rooms, given that we were unable to access a promised service, they refused and threatened to call the police. Not pleasant at all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Patras hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I am a very experienced Greek traveler...I have been to Patras at least 15 times and usually stay with my family..I visited this June on my honeymoon and much to my dismay, chose the Astir on the advice of my family....I didn't mind the older, dated appearance of the hotel as I can appreciate the nostalgic effect it brought....The staff were polite to me...EXCEPT for the man who sits behind a long wooden desk and calls himself a manager...after sleeping in a room with no air conditioning for 3 nights (82 degrees at least), and the room with smoke smell and stains, musty carpeting in the halls, I could have left peacefully and without complaint...the 3rd night there was incredible noise, swearing, music and commotion from a bar across the street....couldn't sleep at all in or out of the room...I wanted to switch rooms, with air this time...the nice fella at the desk politely said all the hotel was without AC and I could talk to the manager tomorrow..I did that..I wanted the last night for free as no one slept until 4 am...after saying he would knock off 11.00 from the bill as this is the "norm" for air conditioning failure the police came as I would not pay that night...finally, I got that free night after preferring to be arrested rather that pay for that night....Enough???? Not yet, when we opened our suitcase at our next destination, 2 hand-made tablecloths were stolen from our luggage....the third was still in the bag so we would not detect the theft until later....I am easy to please and not a avid complainer but I felt compelled to let unsuspecting travelers know that the Astir Hotel is unfortunately clinging on to an old reputation that has no relevance to its present state...This is epitomized by the ignorance and callousness of this "manager" who would be dismissed and make room for someone with integrity and character far beyond his macabre state...good luck to all who pass through those doors, sincerely, Angelo :)

Room Tip: Go to the Patras Palace just down the street...do not, not , not stay at the Astir Hotel