“Fantastic hotel”

and 1 more site!
Adonis
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Patras
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed here for a week whilst on a course in Patras. The location is brilliant - very central - and despite being by the port and bus station, it is quiet at night. The hotel staff are extremely helpul and friendly, and I had a pleasant air-conditioned room on the 6th floor with a huge balcony, and an amazing sea view, especially at sunset. The breakfast is fairly standard but there was always fruit available. The hotel is very good value for money and I shal definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Regulartravellerph

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I booked to stay one night only after getting off the ferry late at night. We chose this hotel as it was right opposite the bus station where we needed to catch a bus to Athens early next morning. It was not worth the money we paid to stay there and I really dont know where these photo's have come from as they do not show the hotel as it really is!! The 'lobby' is not as displayed. Is a building site at the moment, a point not made when booking was taken!
The bed was rock hard, a personal point granted. The shower had live electrical wires hanging out the wall directly above our heads, so no stretching whilst washing. There was a mass of wires on the floor by the bed. Sheets were clean, thank god! As for breakfast!! Buffet of usual cheap meat and cheese that we chose not to touch as it looked pretty grim. A basket of hard-boiled eggs that gave nothing to indicate how old they were. We ate toast and jam as a safe bet as we needed to eat before boarding our bus. Whilst eating, another couple came into the dining room and looked at the breakfast for a while before walking out in disgust!!
I am truly surprised at the photos on here as they look nothing like the hotel we stayed in.
We didnt expect 5* anything for the price we paid but we did expect cleanliness and edible food for breakfast. Very disgusted with the safety regarding the protruding wires too!! Will NOT go back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kim r
Reviewed March 12, 2011

we arrived at carnival weekend when the hotel was full to capacity.the staff were extremely helpful even though we could not speak Greek. following the carnival we were allowed to move to the 6th floor which had a very large balcony and the view of the sea and the ferries was magnificent. we were a large group but the staff accommodated all our needs we had to extend our stay and the owner gave us a very fair rate. breakfast was continental and available for 3hours each morning . we were near laundry services supermarkets and all reasonably priced. we explored many restauraunts would recommend the fish restauraunts and a brasserie type reasonably priced restaurant on the sea front. on the main square we often frequented a newly opened restaurant again serving a selection of grilled meats. staff and the people were very welcoming and offered many appetisers and tasters with no obligation to buy. travel to athens is not a problem bus and train services leave regularly. and to reach other islands the ferries run x2 daily

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DJCOOLCardiff
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Picked for its proximity to the port. A small and comfortable hotel overlooking the bus station.
Great fun sitting on balcony watching organised chaos. A bit difficult to find, and all the one-way streets dont help. Stayed just the one night before catching the Kefalonia ferry,but will use again

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kefluvva
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Small, dirty, old, but the terrace makes all the money. If you're not skinny not likely to make bath. :))
We don`t have breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
17  Thank R0manianBaby
Reviewed April 30, 2009

terrible hotel really...but a great location.. first thing that hits you is the flys everywhere...and then the thick cigarette smoke....

and it fills the so called no smoking rooms...(equiped with ash trays!)... 2-star an over-rating..the term luxurious is not close

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
10  Thank fubarANDY
Reviewed December 4, 2008

About a month ago I had to go at Patras, for a business trip.So I found this hotel on the internet and I phoned and booked a room for that day.After a long trip I arrived at Patras, but there I faced a terrible surprise.I had no room!!!They claimed that I phoned and annuled my reservation-thing that I haven't done- and they gave my room to somebody else, because this probably suited them. That was their official excuse.They chose me among others probably, because i was coming from far along, and they probably assumed that i wasn't coming, but they didnt even try to contact me, to assure my reservation.And all of that because they wanted to give the room to somebody else, that they knew?That offered more? I don't now.They didn' tell.And I had to call the tourist police, and only then they found me a room somewhere else. Until the police came they said that they didn't care.So that's is why I can't count on them for a nice holiday.

3  Thank mimma7