“good choice affordable price”
Review of Hotel Marie Palace

Hotel Marie Palace
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Patras
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The location of the hotel is convenient and easy to find. Right outside of the hotel there is a taxi stand. The staff is friendly and gave us a double bed as we requested. The room was clean – it was a little bit noisy but it was ok. The decoration of the room was quite old fashion and the mattress quite hard, it also had air-condition / fridge / hair dryer / TV. The breakfast buffet was small and had only the basics.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TOKYONIGHTS

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stayed at Marie Palace for 3 nights with our 7 year old son. From the moment we arrived we were very impressed at how attentive the staff were. They took time to speak to our son and made him feel very welcome. We were shown to our room which was very nice. The beds/pillows were very comfortable and the next morning breakfast was lovely and again staff polite/helpful. An ideal spot to explore Achaia and Ileia were Ancient Olympia is spotted. Our son was so happy he did his own thank you note for everyone at Marie Palace! A very clean, nice and budget hotel !!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sofia b
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Very Close to the Port Area and with in walking distance to the city center, Clean and with very nice and helpfull personel, WIFI is available

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Well this hotel was only meant to be a pit stop on our tour of Greece and thank God that is all it was. We didn't expect much, we never saw any pictures of it so we had nothing to expect. We found the place and there are only two parking spaces for the whole hotel so if they are taken you are on your own. The lobby looked rather nice- very chic, cool loft and bar/coffee area. So we were optimistic when we got our keys- we got two quads for our group of 8. First problem was the one quad only had 3 beds. Thankfully they had other rooms available and comped us a room so everyone could sleep on a bed. The room was sparsely decorated with three twin beds in one area and a smaller area with a fourth bed and dresser separated by the bathroom and entranceway. It was not nearly as nice as the lobby might imply it would be but it was just a pit stop afterall. But then we opened the window and a giant spider jumped out. That was the first of many bugs I saw...

Then we sat on the beds... they were rock solid. You might have well slept on the floor. I can deal with a hard bed but I cannot deal with a pillow of equal hardness! It was like having a book under your head! If I wasn't completely exhausted I would not have been able to sleep at all on that. And I definitely was sore in the morning.

They offered a breakfast which was horrifying... they only had cream out, not milk to go with the cereal and all in all, the food made most of us sick...

I would not recommend this hotel unless you literally are looking for anyplace to sleep for the night. The price was ok for what we got- I guess don't expect much when you pay a little!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We were using this hotel and area really just as a pit stop for the night. Which is really all I would recommend using this town as. Actually I would find a different town to spend the night in if I were you. This seemed like a fairly large port town, and this hotel is towards the water but on the side of the town. It was maybe a 15 minute walk to what seemed to be the 'tourist' part of town with nicer restaurants.

The hotel had free continental breakfest which was nice, but the beds and pillows were the hardest I've ever slept on. If they had nicer beds and been updated slightly it would've been a much better experience. Also no alarm clocks in the room, which I find really weird.

On the plus side, I had the best Gyro of the trip in this town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I was at Marie Palace in january 2008 for 3 weeks.I was here on private business.
For me safety,value,24 hour reception & a homestyle breakfast is what i wanted & what i got!.
I paid cash in advance & got refunded the money when i left earlier.
Staff were friendly
Even though internet was advertised as available,i got none!,so i did resort to internet cafes.
The television set was not working at times but lucky i had my dvd's to play on my laptop.
Air-conditioned nicely.
Plenty of hot water(nice)
Noisy,yes!!,i don't mind,back rooms are probably more quiet!!
The cleaner was was very trustworthy!!
Plenty of devine food around!!!around the corner "BRIZOLINOS"
Some of the cake shops are a bit stale!
Nice bread!!
If i ever travel back,I will stay at Marie Palace hotel
ANASTASIA .S

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank jaysinos
Reviewed August 6, 2008

The hotel is very close to the port which is not the best place to have a good overnight rest. The street the hotel is in is very busy all the time. We were woken up by the loud music and noise from people gathering on the nearby street corner (could not even guess why they were there before the sunrise). The breakfast is bellow average.

Also be ready to pay in cash since the girl working at the desk put up a small show when I presented her with my credit card on check-out. I was told that the POS (with the Visa sticker) was "dead", "see, we have some problems with wires", she even tried to swipe my card. This is probably something Visa should be notified about.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family