Hotel Kronio
$37
$102
$95
Hotwire.com
All reviewshis motherthe ownerthe main streetancient olympiaarchaeological siterestaurants and shopstrain stationwalking distancethis family run hotelexcellent locationfree wifiyogurtrecommend this hotelorange treesgood sizecomfortable roomplenty of hot water
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My first visit at the Kronio, a family run Hotel with great hospitality. Excellent location with walking distance from the museum and the Olympic Stadium. Panagiotis and his mother were very welcoming and their rooms spotless. Breakfast in the morning adequate. Good information for places to eat and surrounding areas. Definitely will recommend to my client and will return. Panagioti I will be in touch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a wonderful place, with nice clean rooms, good bathrooms and a tasty breakfast. Best of all is the helpful owner, who really goes out of his way to make your stay in Olympia as pleasant as possible. The hotel answered lots of questions I sent them by e mail before my visit about long distance buses and even phoned Pyrgos bus station for me the day I arrived to make a reservation for me for my journey to Corinth the following day. Ask the owner to drive you to his recommended restaurant (about 5 mins drive- he will come and collect you when you've finished). The name means "View" in Greek, and there is indeed a lovely view over the town, and the food is good, authentic and inexpensive. Overall Hotel Kronio did everything possible to make me feel welcome and to get the most out of my stay in Olympia. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Family owned hotel in town. Great location to sites. Owners are the employees and EXTREMELY nice and helpful. Great room with nice AC and bed!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2012

So glad we stayed at Hotel Kronio! It is located right as you come into town just as the pedestrian zone begins. Cute little parking lot across from old train station.
Helpful, kind family were all present during our stay. Young man spoke the best English and helped us with a side trip to see a monastery near Dimitsana. Older mother was always there to meet our needs.
Not a single speck of dirt could be found. We enjoyed looking out from our balcony. Large bathroom.
Breakfast was standard fare. Loving that yogurt!
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night and was extremely happy with the experience. I arrived by bus and was pleased to see Hotel Kronio was within a couple of steps from the bus stop. The owner could not have been more helpful- he helped me plan my onward travel the next day to Nafplio and even called and reserved a ticket for me and drove me to the bus station in Pyrgos for just the cost of his petrol. When I asked for a restaurant recommendation he also drove me to a lovely restaurant with great views overlooking Olympia and picked me up when I had finished. The breakfast in the lovely light breakfast room was great.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Olympia.

• Stayed: June 2012