“Very friendly and kind”
Review of Hotel Kronio

Hotel Kronio
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

First of all we appreciated the staff: incredibly helpful and kind. The room is one of the best of our trip in Greece. Nothing special except what everybody expect form a hotel room: quite comfortable, very clean, enough space for two people. The hotel has a little but convenient and free parking. If you don't have any internet device the hotel provides you a desktop pc for free to check emails or everything else. The breakfast was good but the best was their suggestion for dinner. In the end it is one of our best stay in Greece (consider that we are medium cost travelers). Strongly recommended

1  Thank Superarma

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I've been in Olympia one week ago and I enjoied my stay a lot. Apart from the hystorical and geographical aspects (that are really wanderful... i guess Olympia itself is still one of the 7 wonder in the world!!!) the people is wonderful. I have been in Kronio Hotel where I have been treated as a King either for the level of the service and for the level of eatings. I hope I'll be back soon... perhaps in winter!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cristian c
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Good location, just 10 minutes walk to the archeological site.
Free parking. Good breakfast. Clean room and btahroom (with bath). Free internet and very nice staff and manager.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Staff is helpful,friendly and made us feel very welcome .Rooms are comfortable with the quietest air conditioner I have ever experience .Wi-fi worked fine. Easy to walk to all the main Olympia sights. Also,the city map offered by the hotel is really practical.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Very good hotel. Nice and clean rooms with all amenities including safe and wifi in the room. The very good location of this hotel is also a problem : because of its location at the beginning of the main street, it is very noisy. People talking very loudly, motocycles, cars with loud music, etc till 4 AM.

OK, you are close to everything : shops, archeological sites, etc. but the noise due to the incorrect attitude of the people is a major problem at night.

I would recommend to choose a hotel 200 m from the city centre to avoid the noise.

It is a pity to write that since the hotel is very good and the staff very nice. Breakfast is average.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
asteris, Owner at Hotel Kronio, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

Hallo, thank you for your nice words about our hotel and Iam sorry about the noise which made your sleep not comfortable. I would like to inform you about the specific night of August you stayed in our hotel, is the biggest Celebration in our country . We celebrate the Dormition of Virgin Mary. In every city the local mayor organize festival to participate in this event and the whole city takes part of it. Our hotel is one of the few hotels in Olympia which has double glazed windows and provides a good sound isolation if windows are closed which is not a problem when the air-condition is turned ON.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The owner and his mother were extremely friendly and helpful. When I asked about a good place to eat, he drove me to another village for an amazing meal, and picked me up afterwards. The room was very clean and comfortable, and breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I only stayed for two nights but Panayotis and his mum were so hospıtable to me. The room was extremely cleanç free ınternet and breakfast all ıncluded and I could never fınısh all my food at breakfast there's too much! I had to wake up early on both days I was there so the lady woke up before me just to prepare my breakfast before everyone else's. Thıs ıs the kind of fıve star servıce I received here and I would recommend ıt to anyone ın Olympıa. Thanks agaın Panayotıs!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo