“Memorable, Enjoyable and Carefree Day”

Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Olympia
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guided tours in Ancient Olympia, Katakolon or Athens. Having graduated in 1997 from Greece’s school for tour guides, I offer guide services for many areas all over Greece for the last 13 years, in Greek, English and French.In Greece only the official, licensed guides like me, can give a guided tour in the museums and the archeological sites.Specializing in private tours, which I customize on my clients needs, I work mostly with people coming with cruise ships at the port of Katakolon.Contact me and i will be happy to offer you ,either a private tour customized to your preferences, or the chance to join one of the groups I am leading for individuals, some days of the week.
Walkerton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Memorable, Enjoyable and Carefree Day”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was one of our highlights from our 10 day cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines. We booked this private tour and received an exciting and fun day. Niki, the owner, is your guide. She goes above and beyond in arranging the day to avoid the ton of bus tours. She gets you started before the rush so you don't feel rushed.

She is a story teller and answers questions with ease. She treats you to authentic greek lunch hosted by a restaurant where other tours dont go.

If you have kids, she has such a positive presence with them to make them feel included. Though i dont have kids, i was really impressed with her.

This was thee best tour of my 10 day cruise. Treat yourself with a day with Niki.

Michael & Daniel from canada

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michaelsellick
niki v, Ιδιοκτήτης at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
It was such a great pleasure meeting you and taking you around. Loved listening to your stories about Canada, too.

Hope to have you back soon!

Swindon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Tour of Ancient Olympia”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

A tour of Ancient Olympia with Niki Vlachou and her team is in every way perfect. Niki loves her countries magnificent history and her kindness and passion for the place and its deep almost religious ambiance gives your day a special magic. I don't care what it costs it is an experience of a life time.

Thanks Niki see you next time!!

Love from David + Lesley Jim + Dianne

Visited October 2013
2 Thank David E
niki v, Ιδιοκτήτης at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing us and for your nice review. It was very nice meeting you and I will always remember you. hopefully we will see each other again in the future.
All the best to all of you!
Adel, Iowa
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Trip of a Lifetime with help from Niki”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I worked with Niki Vlachou via email to custom design a tour that met the travel needs of my daughter and myself. Niki kindly arranged for a private driver, Kostas, to pick us up at our hotel in Athens, drive us to Olympia, where we spent the night, and, on to Delphi for the next day, returning us to Athens that evening. I was afraid having a private driver might be an indulgent luxury, but, having him navigate through Athens city traffic, and the switchbacks in the mountains, while providing commentary on some of the sights, was well worth every euro. Additionally, this allowed my daughter and I to both look out the windows,observe the scenery, and not have to worry about reading a map.

Niki served as our personal tour guide through Olympia, which brought the buildings, artifacts, and architecture to life much more than simply reading a tour book. Walking around marble blocks that were carved and erected well over two thousand years ago was amazing. And, having a chance to race my daughter on the original track will be an excellent memory.

In Delphi, our personal tour guide again provided much more history and commentary than we would have been able to learn on our own. In fact, based on her commentary, we might consider Constantinople as our next big trip. Hopefully, Niki can suggest a guide:) We would gladly take her advice.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rebecca H
It is always a challenge for me , to organize, not just a guided tour, but a whole unique experience of the real Greece. it is a difficult task and with many aspects that night to be combined, for success to occur. I have carefully selected my associates around the rest of Greece and I am happy to hear , that it all lead to success and that you have enjoyed your trip with us through Greece.
Both you and your daughter, were of a big pleasure meeting!
Richland, Washington, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Olympia Tour with Niki”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We did a tour with Niki of the Olympia ruins and was thoroughly pleased with the tour. We were a group of 8 and she took us through the ruins describing everything in great detail. It was very apparent that she wanted us to experience the life of the ancient Greeks and to fully understand the Greek culture and took time to get my two grand kids involved. I would highly recommend using her services if you need a tour of Olympia. Thx Niki !!!!

Visited November 2013
It was such a pleasure meeting you all, but especially your grand kids! Children are always my favorite part of the group and always love to make the tour even more interactive, when they are around. I am glad that you have all enjoyed it.
Clarksville, Indiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Group of Friends”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I took a semi-private tour of Olympia with Olympic Tours by Niki V. Our guide was Johanna. We had an excellent experience. I learned so much about the history and culture of Olympia, Greece in an entertaining way. Johanna was enthusiastic and her love of the area was apparent. The open air restaurant (included) was excellent. The food was good and the atmosphere was relaxing after a morning of sightseeing. I hope to return some day.

Visited November 2013
niki v, Ιδιοκτήτης at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
You are so right about Joanna. She is one if our most precious associates and a good friend. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone.