“Niki and Olympic Day Tours are FANTASTIC!”

Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Olympia
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guided tours in Ancient Olympia, Katakolon or Athens. Having graduated in 1997 from Greece’s school for tour guides, I offer guide services for many areas all over Greece for the last 13 years, in Greek, English and French.In Greece only the official, licensed guides like me, can give a guided tour in the museums and the archeological sites.Specializing in private tours, which I customize on my clients needs, I work mostly with people coming with cruise ships at the port of Katakolon.Contact me and i will be happy to offer you ,either a private tour customized to your preferences, or the chance to join one of the groups I am leading for individuals, some days of the week.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family of 8 were fortunate enough to spend the day with Niki touring Olympia and enjoying a wonderful home-cooked lunch. Niki is the best tour guide I've ever spent a day with, bar none. She is warm and knowledgable (made the fascinating Olympic history come to life!) and felt like an old friend very quickly. She knew exactly what would suit my group (ages 15-72) and added all sorts of stops and tidbits (like getting cheese pies in Olympia, and recommending a particular Greek coffee, and telling us wonderful stories). We had the home made lunch on a patio overlooking a lovely view and the food was great. I cannot recommend Niki and Olympic Day Tours highly enough.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Niki arranged a tour of Olympia with Ioanna Papakosta, and all 6 of us agreed this was an absolute highlight. Ioanna us incredibly engaging, knowledgeable, adapts to the audience and customizes the tour in the fly. Not to be missed.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter, and I took a two hour tour of the archeological site and museum in Olympia on June 28, 2013. Niki met us at the entrance and really made the site come alive for us. She is so knowledgeable and pleasant. Our family felt that we learned a lot that we would have missed without a guide. It was money well spent and we have very fond memories of our visit to Olympia.

niki v, Ιδιοκτήτης at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much! Its so important for me , to see that people apreciate my efforts to present the history of beautiful country. Meeting you and your family was a great pleasure!
Happy living to you!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I once went to Olympia on a tour with high school students, and this tour by Nikki was far superior-- the best I have ever taken. We were met at the cruise ship port by our guide who was super welcoming, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The 30 min ride to Olympia in the air conditioned bus was informative and she explained sites along the way including how the olives in the trees were grown and pressed sharing first hand experience having worked her grandfather's groves. She began our tour with the Olympia museum( on the site of the ruins) which was smart as we were there before the other group tours crowded in, so we could see everything. Plus, seeing what the site used to look like before it became a ruin helped in envision it as it was when we were in the actual site. On the site, she pointed out and took us to the major temples, work area, fountains, training areas and where the Olympic torch is lit for the present day Olympics. We were never rushed and she answered everyone's questions providing solid information. We also had time in the site to explore on our own. The site does have trees for shade, but bring good walking shoes.

After the site visit, we went to the town of Olympia where we had about 45 mins or so to shop or relax with a cup of cappuccino. The town was very quaint and easy to get around; our guide also showed us the best places to buy olive oil at the best prices, believe it or not, it was the grocery stores not the tourist shops.

We had the best buffet lunch. The restaurant had patio seating and offered a variety of Greek foods, American known foods, and offered wine and other beverages. It was help yourself as much as you wanted to eat. The food was delicious. I loved sitting on the patio overlooking the beautiful blue water swimming pool with the red geraniums in pots all around it- visually stunning.

At the end of the tour Nikki gave us each a gift of a bar of olive oil soap made in Greece. It was very thoughtful and much appreciated. We left feeling like we were saying goodbye to family friends as everyone was so friendly and personable. I also left with a deeper appreciation and knowledge of Olympia and Greece in general.

This tour is a great value and I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Susan R
niki v, Ιδιοκτήτης at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Such an honor for me , to say that my tour was the best you have ever been in. Hope it wasn't your first, ha, ha, ha, I am joking . Thank you for choosing me and for your beautiful words!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We got off our ship and there to meet and greet us was Niki herself! She directed us to our driver who then whisked us off to ancient Olympia where we meet up with our private tour guide, Georgina. She was lovely and passionate about her knowlege of Greece! She engaged our teenagers as she took us though the museum and the site of the first Olympic Games! Our children are athletes and it meant so much to them to see this sacred place, especially our son who is a wrestler. She gave each of them olive branches, which signify peace! We learned so much in the hours we were together, in spite of the heat! We looked at so many other tours, but felt this was the one for us, we were very happy with the service provided and memories made!
The Leadbetter family