“The highlight of our cruise”

Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Olympia
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guided tours in Ancient Olympia, Katakolon or Athens. Having graduated in 1997 from Greece’s school for tour guides, I offer guide services for many areas all over Greece for the last 13 years, in Greek, English and French.In Greece only the official, licensed guides like me, can give a guided tour in the museums and the archeological sites.Specializing in private tours, which I customize on my clients needs, I work mostly with people coming with cruise ships at the port of Katakolon.Contact me and i will be happy to offer you ,either a private tour customized to your preferences, or the chance to join one of the groups I am leading for individuals, some days of the week.
Carpinteria, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The highlight of our cruise”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The tour we booked with Niki Vlachou, to see Olympia was the highlight of our cruise. I have been to Katakolon three times on cruise ships, but I'd never seen the Olympic ruins because I was told there wasn't much to see. After studying the tours offered by the cruise lines, I took Rick Steves' recommendation and contacted Niki Vlachou to book a tour of Olympia. Twelve of us met Niki, just outside the dock, to share an intimate look at this incredible ruin, and archeological museum. Niki was energetic, and passionate about the history of this area. As she guided us through the museum and grounds, she made the Olympic games and athletes come alive. Afterwards, we had lunch at a beautiful restaurant, which served a delicious variety of Greek specialties. We felt like we were dining with friends. The tour cost was considerably less than the cruise offered, and touring with a small group was a real treat.

1 Thank 2013JuDar
niki v, Owner at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
It was such a pleasure having you join that small group of different people from the cruise ship. You were the smile of the party and i will never forget your positive energy! Thank you for all your nice words and hope you come back soon!

Green Valley, Arizona
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour guide!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the moment I contacted Niki, I knew this tour would be special. She was so responsive, answered all my questions and was just a delight to work with! Her tour proved to be a highlight of our cruise. We toured Olympia with her on 4/19 and we wouldn't change a minute of the day. She was interesting, knowledgeable and passionate about her work and her city. But we also had such delightful fun! It was a small group and we all thoroughly enjoyed the day, culminating at a wonderful local restaurant that she took us to so that we could experience wonderful homecooked Greek food. Don't go to Olympia if you aren't going to contact Niki. The experience just won't be the same. She also had an associate of hers do our Athens tour the next day and she was also knowledgeable and so interesting. I highly recommend Niki and her associates!

Visited April 2013
niki v, Owner at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Jean,

Thank you so much for your beautiful words and for trusting me to organize your tour, both in Athens and Katakolon.
It was such a pleasure having you in my small group of interesting people and would certainly love to help agin in the future, have an excellent experience in Greece.
All the best to you and your family.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Most amazing day!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the first review I have written for Trip Advisor, but as I was talking to a family member this morning about their upcoming trip to Greece, I realized I needed to share our experience with Niki with others as well. I arranged for Niki to provide a private tour of Ancient Olympia and the Museum for a group of us on a cruise in the summer of 2012. The arrangements were all done via email and she was more than accommodating for my group needs (including her moving some things around when I realized I had booked her for the wrong date -- my mistake -- and I was panicked that I was going to have to let my group down). She arranged for a small bus to meet us at the pier, and things could not have gone smoother. She did ask for payment in advance only to cover the rented van (since she would have had to pay the rental company in case we were no shows, which I thought was only fair). I paid her via PayPal and had no issues what-so-ever with this (we paid her tour fees in cash on the day of arrival). Her knowledge and presentation of the site was spectacular (one of the highlights of a six week trip of a lifetime). In addition, when I asked her opinion for a lunch spot, she was able to arrange for an amazing lunch for our group at the small private summer home of a local family (we ate outside on a terrace overlooking the grounds of Ancient Olympia). There was so much food, we could hardly move at the end (and it was worth every penny)! One word of caution: Make sure to look for her directly on the web; I found some of the local bus companies claimed they could book her, but that was not the case. The email I used to contact her was niki@olympictours.gr

I would not even hesitate in booking Niki if you want a day to remember!

Visited July 2012
niki v, Owner at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
It was such a nice pleasure and surprise to read your nice review, after such a long time. Thank you very much.
I still remember how much i had panicked when we realized that you had given me the wrong date of arrival. Finally i managed to make some changes and had this big pleasure of meeting you and your beautiful daughter.
I am so gald you liked the home meal i organiazed for you and i will certainly never forget you and your beautiful personality.

Best wishes and hope to see you again in the future!
Athens, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Knowledgable, experienced, well organized with ilustrations that bring the ancient ruins into life.

She managed to kepp the attention of a group of nine, including three teenagers, focused for almost three hours.

Highly recomended.

Visited April 2013
niki v, General Manager at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much! It was such a wonderful day we had together. I feel very happy for having met you!
Doha, Qatar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very good tour and I would recommend Niki or her colleagues any day. The site of Olympia is a very popular site and Niki knows exactly how to mis the crowds and get the most of your visit to the site of Olympia.

Visited March 2013
niki v, Owner at Olympic Day Tours by Niki Vlachou, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you. I enjoyed very much the day with you! Happy living to you.