“Family holidays”
Review of Arty Grand Hotel

Arty Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel facilities are very good but not for a 5 star hotel, more like a 4 star. The rooms are quite big and have nice bathroom. Pool bar area was not so often cleaned, the bin was fool for 2 days.The offer towels at the pool area as well which was nice. Breakfast was rich but had some important faults, No variety with coffee selection ( had to pay extra) no fresh fruits and no enough tyoes of cereals.
The have a spa...... only one person is employed there. A lot of facilities but not enough personel in general.
My kid loved it though!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for three days..it was very clean and it has very comfort rooms.The spa was very nice...very clean swimming pools and common areas. The rooms had very comfortable beds and pillows (cocomat) and you could sleep and relax. The staff were very helpful and polite and answer all of our questions!! The outdoor swimming pool was very relaxing.Although we needed a dvd player that was written that there would be at the room facilities, there was not one in the room but they did whatever they could to provide us one. The food was excellent and the breakfast too, it has a lot of famous products (milk,orange juice,coffee) something unusual for a hotel!!! It is a really nice place for staying and visiting Ancient Olympia and we really enjoyed our stay there!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maninastavroulakis
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Situated at the top of an olive tree hill, overlooking the magical site of Ancient Olympia, this new hotel gives you the relaxation and peace of mind you seek in a place like this. Spacious, clean rooms with breathtaking views from all balconies.Comfortable beds guarantee a nice sleep and the roosters from the neighbouring houses wake you up in the most unusual way! Breakfast was of average variety, but everything was delicious! We could have our tasty coffee wherever we wanted and there was always someone at the reception desk to answer willingly our questions about the weather or the results of the Olympic games!. The outdoor swimming pool, saved us from driving to the nearest beaches (about half an hour drive the nearest), and the pool bar offered some nice drinks and relaxing atmosphere after dinner! Arty Grand and its people made our stay in Ancient Olympia really unforgetable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank philalex19
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed for a weekend at the Arty Grand Hotel couple weeks ago through a Groupon like offer. I really like staying in spa hotels so I grabbed the offer when I saw it. Unfortunately I should know better that if you like spa/zen conditions a groupon like offer is not the way!!! My disappointment started right when I arrived in the hotel and find my self parking my car in the private parking space that is a olive tree field !! Only 10-12 parking spaces was available in front of the hotel so the rest went to the trees. The hotel was seriously understaffed in all departments. Most of the people was trying to be helpful but they need serious training for this kind of hotel. I was deeply disapponted when I had to find my way to my room by myself and noone come along to saw me the room. The room is fair and nice but I had some difficulties in the bathroom and the shower which are not justified for a new hotel as this. The dinner buffet which was in the offer was the worst I ever had in all my stays in any kind of hotel, absolutely terrible both days that we ate. The spa area is very nice constructed but when you get so many people all in once that most likely never been to a spa before you get a arena effect rather that spa experience. And also the 1 person in the spa (who was very polite as most of the personnel as I already said) trying to do everything is very unsufficient. The final comment that I have is regarding the pool area, it was more than obvious that people that were not hotel visitors used the pool. The pool bar opened rather late if you needed a morning coffe by the pool or something else. I would have been even more frastreted if I wasn't through this deal and had to pay for the normal hotel prices. My suggestion double your staff and have serious trainings!!!

PS: I couldn't understand why in the summer the airconditioning in the breakfast area was not working and started only when we requested and also why the outside doors remained open(through) a mechanism not be mistake when your hotel is airconditioned ?!? I could understand that and basically with the doors open there was to much noise from the outside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Chris_trip_12
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Absolutely lovely hotel, very new and modern, great amenities, staff very accomodating, restaurant very good, hotel includes a great gift shop where I purchased some lovely moments at very reasonable prices. Excellent swimming pool and lovely rural views from all verandahs. All in all a very good hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have great rural views and nice verandahs.