“A beatiful hotel, in a magical place!”
Review of Arty Grand Hotel

Arty Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Situated at the top of an olive tree hill, overlooking the magical site of Ancient Olympia, this new hotel gives you the relaxation and peace of mind you seek in a place like this. Spacious, clean rooms with breathtaking views from all balconies.Comfortable beds guarantee a nice sleep and the roosters from the neighbouring houses wake you up in the most unusual way! Breakfast was of average variety, but everything was delicious! We could have our tasty coffee wherever we wanted and there was always someone at the reception desk to answer willingly our questions about the weather or the results of the Olympic games!. The outdoor swimming pool, saved us from driving to the nearest beaches (about half an hour drive the nearest), and the pool bar offered some nice drinks and relaxing atmosphere after dinner! Arty Grand and its people made our stay in Ancient Olympia really unforgetable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank philalex19

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed for a weekend at the Arty Grand Hotel couple weeks ago through a Groupon like offer. I really like staying in spa hotels so I grabbed the offer when I saw it. Unfortunately I should know better that if you like spa/zen conditions a groupon like offer is not the way!!! My disappointment started right when I arrived in the hotel and find my self parking my car in the private parking space that is a olive tree field !! Only 10-12 parking spaces was available in front of the hotel so the rest went to the trees. The hotel was seriously understaffed in all departments. Most of the people was trying to be helpful but they need serious training for this kind of hotel. I was deeply disapponted when I had to find my way to my room by myself and noone come along to saw me the room. The room is fair and nice but I had some difficulties in the bathroom and the shower which are not justified for a new hotel as this. The dinner buffet which was in the offer was the worst I ever had in all my stays in any kind of hotel, absolutely terrible both days that we ate. The spa area is very nice constructed but when you get so many people all in once that most likely never been to a spa before you get a arena effect rather that spa experience. And also the 1 person in the spa (who was very polite as most of the personnel as I already said) trying to do everything is very unsufficient. The final comment that I have is regarding the pool area, it was more than obvious that people that were not hotel visitors used the pool. The pool bar opened rather late if you needed a morning coffe by the pool or something else. I would have been even more frastreted if I wasn't through this deal and had to pay for the normal hotel prices. My suggestion double your staff and have serious trainings!!!

PS: I couldn't understand why in the summer the airconditioning in the breakfast area was not working and started only when we requested and also why the outside doors remained open(through) a mechanism not be mistake when your hotel is airconditioned ?!? I could understand that and basically with the doors open there was to much noise from the outside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Chris_trip_12
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Absolutely lovely hotel, very new and modern, great amenities, staff very accomodating, restaurant very good, hotel includes a great gift shop where I purchased some lovely moments at very reasonable prices. Excellent swimming pool and lovely rural views from all verandahs. All in all a very good hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms have great rural views and nice verandahs.
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Reception: spacey and well organized.
Room: brand new furniture with very big bathroom. Each room has balcony with garden or swim pool view.
Service: very good service from reception, restaurants and housekeeping staff
Wifi: free with good recipient.
Location: hotel is at the peak of the hill, nice view and very close to the town.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Quiet location with very good amenities. Excellent and very knowledgeable receptionist who was most helpful. Definitely good value for money. Would stay here again if we ever return to Old Olympia.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel was comfortable and easy, although since it was located high at the top of the foothills, you had to drive to get anywhere. The room was clean and spacious, the WiFi internet fast (although they use a somewhat annoying system to get access), and the staff quite helpful. We were able to get laundry done at a very reasonable price as well. One downside was the (included) breakfast, which was acceptable but any hot foods (scrambled eggs, sausages, etc.) tended towards the lukewarm if you were there anytime after opening and were never replenished. Overall, though, it was a solid hotel and a good value for money -- we paid 75euros a night for a standard room after some bargaining. "Superior rooms" were available for 20 euros more with a jacuzzi. We didn't use any of the spa facilities, as we were intent on seeing sights, but pool was an extra cost and the massages were enticing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RandallS606
Reviewed June 4, 2012

it's the best hotel in Olympia.. Friendly stuff, clean, quiet.Nice room's and one of the best in the "value for money ".we had a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed: June 2012