“One of our nicest experiences”

Olympia Land Winery
Ranked #7 of 26 things to do in Olympia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An unforgettable excursion to the family winery Olympia Land Estate which is into the green valley of Olympia and just 5 minutes from the archaeological site. The particular terroir of the region, the excellent microclimate, the clayey and sandy soil help our vines to grow healthy and very aromatic grapes in order to produce high quality wines. In the Olympia Land Estate you have the opportunity to be part in a tour which start with a walk on the vineyards where you learn about the cultivation of the vines, continue in the production area and finally in the cellar with the oak barrels. After the tour you will enjoy samples of our wines, our homemade olive oil and also other traditional snacks in the air-conditioned reception area. We are on your disposal to help you to organize quickly and easily your excursion which will be for you a memorable experience.
Boston, Massachusetts
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“One of our nicest experiences”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My family visited the winery with Andrew fom Katakolon Taxi last week. I'm so glad that we did. Even though I'm not particularly interested in wine ( thought I did enjoy their white and loved their tomatoes ), our hostess was charming and warm. It was like visiting a Greek family who made us very welcome. (The small charge was discussed before we began.)
This visit added a lovely dimension to our day in Olympia. And their wine makes a great souvenir.

• Greek first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must see!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Olympia Land Winery is a must see in Olympia. The winery is a highlight among 12 other cities we visited in the Mediterranean. The experience was wonderful. The wine amazing and the cost well it should be higher! I wish they exported!

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences on our cruise”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We came by this winery because we had hired Taxi Katakolon for our cruise excursion and he had set up the winery tour for us. This family owned winery practices organic farming. They even press and sell their own olive oil (which tastes like butter). They were very welcoming and took our family of 4 on a tour of the winery and then a tasting. They had set up a table for us with cheeses and meats and olives to go with the tasting. It was amazing. The wines were quite good. My husband and I swooned over the desert wine though and brought several bottles. We even brought some of the cookies they made on site (which my son secretly devoured a few days later). The family was warm and welcoming. I highly recommend this tour is you want to experience the hospitality of the Greeks along with some great wines.

1 Thank lisawahlestedt
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Organic wine that tastes amazing”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were traveling through Greece and stopped in Olympia to,visit the incredible ancient ruins and decided to do some wine tasting at a local,winery. Several other Trip advisor reviews where excellent.

If you are in this area , you must take time to do the complete tour of the winery, the vineyards and of course taste the wine.

This is a family run operation. Amanda , the daughter did the tour and she was sweet, knowledgable and a great host. We toured the vineyards, saw how they produce their wines and even had a tasting that included cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives that were grown on the family farm. All their wines are produced without sulfates.

I have never had such amazing organic wines. My only regret is that I cannot get them back in the US . This winery is a definite must do if you are in this area.

Albuquerque
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Olympia Land Winery. Great wine and fantastic family!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Olympia Land Winery
We hired a private driver; Andreas Stamos from Olympia Taxi to show up Olympia last month while we (my wife and I) were in Olympia for one day from a stop on our cruise. We knew we wanted to see the ruins and museum at Olympia, and then just wanted to see some of the country side. Our driver Andreas, asked if we like wine. Of course we do, so he suggested we stop by the Olympia Land Winery. We are glad he did. We have tasted a lot of wines from all around the world, these wines stand up the to the best out there. We were both pleasantly impressed with their red wines. Not only does this family create outstanding wine, but they also have a modern and beautiful facility in a superb location. We highly recommend stopping by for a taste and buy a few bottles. We had no problems taking four bottles back to our cruise ship and packing them in our luggage for the flight home.
Thank you to the whole Liarommatis family for the warm hospitality.
Gary