“A Hidden Gem, try and find a way to visit”

Olympia Land Winery
Ranked #7 of 27 things to do in Olympia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An unforgettable excursion to the family winery Olympia Land Estate which is into the green valley of Olympia and just 5 minutes from the archaeological site. The particular terroir of the region, the excellent microclimate, the clayey and sandy soil help our vines to grow healthy and very aromatic grapes in order to produce high quality wines. In the Olympia Land Estate you have the opportunity to be part in a tour which start with a walk on the vineyards where you learn about the cultivation of the vines, continue in the production area and finally in the cellar with the oak barrels. After the tour you will enjoy samples of our wines, our homemade olive oil and also other traditional snacks in the air-conditioned reception area. We are on your disposal to help you to organize quickly and easily your excursion which will be for you a memorable experience.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had booked a private tour, which is another great review, however after we had visited Olympia our driver asked if we would like to visit a Winery. I might have normally said no, but my friend likes wine so we said yes. We were not disappointed. Amanda is one of the most friendly people you are likely to meet and the very young winery that they have can only improve with age. For only 6.5E we had enough food for lunch, (and very good it was), an informative tour / education about wine making and some great company. If your tour guide asks if you would like to visit this winery, say yes!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a small highlight of our family vacation. A short tour, then wine tastings, appetizers, and cookies.

The best tomatoes ever!! Like dessert, amazing!!
Delicious bread, meat, cheese, olive oil, and nice wine.

A simple, inexpensive (6.5E/person), and relaxing experience.

1  Thank Newman019
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband, daughter (13) and I visited the winery during a tour of Olympia. Amanda met us at the door and took us around the grounds explaining about her family's grapes. Then we got to taste the wines which were excellent. For food, she gave us some of grandpa's tomatoes along with his olives. Needless to say, I'd like grandpa to help me in my garden as my tomatoes are nothing like his! The family was just so kind and we left with several bottles of excellent wine. Definitely ask your tour driver to stop here so you can have a look

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I took a Greek Islands cruise for our honeymoon and the last stop was in Olympia. We had arranged before we left for a local tour guide instead of using the cruise ship's tours. We were so glad we did as the cruise ships do not take you to this winery.

This is a family owned winery just on the outskirts of scenic Olympia. The winery is a relatively newer winery but they have fantastic wine. They gave us a tour of their vineyard and explained when they pick the grapes and how they're grown. They also showed us inside where they make the wine, bottle it, and store it for shipping. It was very interesting, especially since my husband has been making wine and beer. We had a lot of questions, and they were happy to answer all of them. Their English was very good and easy to understand. After the tour they had a plate of fresh vegetables from their garden (grown on their land), local cheeses, and olives and olive oil also made from olive trees they showed us on their land. It was incredible and a perfect pairing with their wine. Their wines are mostly blends and we tried the white and the red. We ended up buying a bottle of each. They also sell a grape syrup they make from the skin and meat of the grapes. It sounds weird but they make all kinds of snacks like little cookies with this syrup. The cookies were so good we bought a bottle of the syrup too!

If you are renting a car, or hire a personal tour guide or taxi, you must visit this winery while in Olympia!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The proprietors of Olympia Land Winery are a class act. They took my husband and three kids around the property and really took their time explaining the entire process of winemaking from start to finish. The kids all found it fascinating, even my 13 year old. They grow all almost of their food they consume on the property (organically, btw), such as vegetables, walnuts, figs, and obviously grapes! We then enjoyed a wonderful wine tasting session coupled with salami, cheese, breads, their homemade grape and olive oil, fig spread and cookies that are to DIE FOR!! I HIGHLY recommend going to this winery- make sure to call Taxi Katakolon to get there, Andrew is a fantastic driver/tour guide (andrewkatakolotaxi@gmail.com), he will make sure you get there safely and expediently.