“Good food close to the museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taverna Ambrosia

Taverna Ambrosia
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wageningen, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food close to the museum”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We came to this restaurant since it was advised by our travel agent. The welcome was very friendly. The owner was really surprised when we told him later that our travel agent had recommended his restaurant. It is quiet place in the evening after closing of the nearby archaeological museum. Since it was nice weather we chose seating outside, a nice place to eat. We ordered some traditional Greek food. The food was really very good, just as the service was. Alltogether we had a great dinner and good value for money

• Visited April 2013

• Greek first
Colden, New York
“Near the archaeological site”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Noticed this restaurant as my husband and I finished touring the ancient site. We decided to return for dinner. Plenty of parking available. Seating inside and out.

As I wasn't feeling well we chose to dine inside. Selected items due to my being unwell. My husband and I selected vegetable soup-homemade with lots of veggies and so yummy. Really hit the spot! My husband also ordered a Greek salad which he throughly enjoyed. I wish I had felt better but what I ate was perfect for how I was feeling. I felt so much better after that great soup! Cost with coffee and soda and tip was around 27 euros.

This must be a popular spot because as we were eating these groups of men arrived with special team jackets-Espania, Hellenic. Later we learned from our hotel receptionist that the Volleyball Championship games were being played close to Olympia. All these tables of big, strong athletic men ordered the same thing-plates/platters full of spaghetti and sauce!

• Visited June 2011
Milpitas, California
“Close to the Olympia site”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Our tour guide brought the entire group to this restaurant since it was within walking distance from the Olympia site. The restaurant serves traditional Greek food.

I thought the food was okay. Nothing spectacular. My husband and I shared the lamb casserole with potatoes (9 euros) and the veal casserole with tomatoes (9,50 euros). The veal casserole was recommended by our tour guide. The veal was tender, but the flavors didn't stand out to me.

Service was okay. Outdoor seating only.

• Visited October 2010