“Interesting visit of Ancient Olympia with a great tour guide.”

Guide me in Greece tours
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Olympia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Licensed, extremely well educated, great sense of humour and knowledgeable. We started our tour with me thinking how exhausted I was, but the amount of information that was relevant, interesting and real - made all that fatigue dissipate. He was able to answer questions and in fact was quick with his repartee. His English is excellent and he was able to bring the whole place to life. Good sense of humour. I recommend him for any tour of Greece. He even identified a piece of pottery I picked up in a small town near Kalamata.

Vasilis P, Owner at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm pleased to know that you have enjoyed our tour. I also had a great time with you! Efharisto!!!(Thank you)

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"greek life"
"ancient greek history"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"cruise stop"
"marika"
"greece"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed April 30, 2017

He was awesome, one of the best tour guides we've ever had (and we've travelled a lot and met a lot of guides). Well worth the money! He is very honest, informative and helpful. No spoilers from us though, let his tour surprise you with all his fun facts :D

Thank you very much for your review! I really appreciate you taking the time to review me and Ι'm glad you enjoyed the tour.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Our group of 4 friends booked Vasilis for a private tour during our Viking Cruse ship "Star" docking for the day. Vasilis is a licensed tour guide and a degreed Archaeologist. He took us through the grounds and museum explaining the complex history of the area.
After out historical site tour we stoped in the new town of Olympia to have a coffee.

In addition Vasilis arranged a wine tasting at a local family owned and operated winery,
(Estate Olympia Land Winery), which was very nice and relaxing, plus very good wines with bread, cheese and excellent olive oil, grappa .

Vasilis also owns a travel agency service and has good contacts for local tour guides throughout Greece. Very nice and friendly, plus good driver.

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

Thank you so much for your possitive comments! I'm pleased to know that you have enjoyed our tour. I also had a great time with you!

Best wishes!

Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

We booked Vasilis knowing we wanted someone who could understand our sense of humour and have a laugh with us whilst we took the tour. From previous reviews It seemed Vasilis fitted the bill.

Upon getting off our cruise ship we met a taxi which was organised for us with a name card. He was a professional gentlemen and we had a nice chat while his merc taxi drove us to meet Vasilis at the site.

Upon meeting Vasilis we sorted out entry to Olympia and begun our tour. We all introduced ourselves and we could see he was laid back and interested in what we want to gain from the tour. After the first few information stops along the site we were chatting to Vasilis on a personal level rather a guide talking at us.

He understood us and we had a laugh whilst discussing Brexit and Europe and we all got on very well.

His level of knowledge was second to none and he answered any question we had. He really made us understand our visit and the site.

Where the tour really became an advantage though was in the museum where he picked out key pieces for us to look at and explained their importance to us.

He then left us with our taxi driver to take us back to the ship, which he paid for himself. They work together you see.

We enjoyed our trip much more because of the guided tour Vasilis gave us. If you are reading this considering him as a guide then I can tell you he looked after us and gave us a tour we wanted, not a tour he had planned.

The visual notes and interpretation he showed us along the way while giving us the tour really helped us imagine what some of the sites would of looked like. This allowed us to really appreciate Olympia and what he was telling us.

The tour was great.

1  Thank ghockley1981
Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

I am delighted to read your wonderful review; thank you for your kind words.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with me.
Best regards