“Awesome tour guide who made a pile of rubble interesting :)”

Guide me in Greece tours
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Olympia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed November 1, 2016

We were provided Vasilis as our tour guide by Theodoros Mamousis (taxi tour - see my review here https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g189487-d6868189-Reviews-Katakolon_Taxi_Tours_to_Olympia_by_Mamousis-Olympia_Elis_Region_West_Greece.html)

We were a large group of 8 adults and one 15 month old, who had a penchant for high pitch screeching on occasion. -how horrifying haha...- Also, our group consisted 4 elders whose english is a second language. Vasilis took all this in stride and provided us an easy listening and engaging history lesson. He was also prepared with an Ipad and book that showed us what the ruins once looked like in its full glory. He has such a great personality and very humorous, which is so important when history lessons can be oh so boring (to me anyways :p). His voice was no competition to the loud surroundings (aka other tour guides) inside the museum. It was greatly appreciated since we were a small group, we could feel we were pushed aside from the large groups and treated as if we were lesser beings. Vasilis stood his ground and our equal rights as tourists to hear and see what there is to be offered within the small museum. I recommend Vasilis in a heart beat! Best Tour guide ever :) Keep up the great work Vasilis! Thank you for not feeling offended when I had to tune out or run off due to my active 15 month old :)

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Thank you so much for your review!Your kind words mean a lot to me!
I had a very good time with you too.
And thanks for taking the time to leave a comment here.

All the best from Olympia,

in 13 reviews
"greek life"
"ancient greek history"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"cruise stop"
"marika"
"greece"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2016

We went to Olympia on a cruise stop and had hired another tour guide who didn't have a license to take us on a tour of the Ancient site in Olympia, but he hooked us up with Vasilis. He was excellent - fun, personable, extremely knowledgeable, easy to understand. I would recommend him to anyone. You definitely need a tour guide to get the most out of your visit.

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your kind comments fill me with joy and strength to move on.
I will be more than happy to welcome you back to Greece anytime.
Take care,

Reviewed October 26, 2016

We were on a Costa cruise and I thought that Katakolon would be the weakest stopover. The town in itself does not offer much apart from some souvenirs shops but the tour to Olympia seemed to me a waste of time...just to see a bunch of ruins, old stones, etc. However here I am going with my wife, mother-in-law and a bunch of friends. I rented a car and didn't want those buses. Arriving in the archeological site we go to the ticket desk and decide to buy a guided tour. What a good surprise. The guide, Vassilis was very nice, passionate about what he was telling us the history of the Olympic games! I couldn't be more wrong pre-judging the tour as boring. It was fascinating! Vassilis brought us to the Greek ancient times and made us live in that time discovering the history of the place, the Greek mythology and much more. He knows the history of the Olympic Games in depth and answered all our questions, even the silly ones! Very good guide. We did not see the time going by. We strongly recommend Vassilis! He also know very well the area so he can give hints for beautiful places to visit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and I'm are glad you enjoyed the whole experience.
Stepping out of the beaten path is one of my objectives, as it reveals the true face of my country.
Hope to have you back again some day.
Greetings

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Our tour with Vasilis was excellent! Our tour included the Ancient Site of Olympia along with the Olympia Museum. Vasili's was very knowledgeable and provided great insite. We took multiple tours during our two plus weeks in europe and this was by far the best. We would highly recommend him. Thank you Vasilis.

I'm truly appreciate your review; thank you for sharing your travel experience with me.
It is a pleasure to read that our tour was by far better than the other tours in Europe that you had joined.
Best regards

See more reviews
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

This was a perfect way to see the most of Santorini in 1 day. We covered 80% of the island (didn't see the airport and 1 other spot that is not very pretty according to the guide) and never felt rushed. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the island. He was very flexible with doing the tour to our liking and gave great recommendations on what to see and where to eat. A trip to a winery is included and it was excellent. You stop at many beautiful places along the drive to get amazing views and pictures. I would highly recommended to anyone trying to see the most of Santorini.

Thank you for your kind words.
It was a pleasure having you on our Santorini tour and we are really glad you enjoyed your experience.
Spyros sends you his regards!
All the best,